Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Adoption = Instant mobile transactions  (Read 641 times)
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:25:35 PM

I think we are still waiting for the project that is going to have the most simple UX and ease of use. If Elixxir can pull off an entire app that can offer that to the masses then I think it has great potential
Petchant

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 10:42:17 PM

Users of smart phones are increasing every day globally and any project that can easily be accessed through mobile phones will go a long way in increasing the mass adoption of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency which will all crave for.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:05:32 PM

Many projects are working on fast and easy payment solutions.
It has to be user friendly to be excepted by ordinary people.
When big merchants start accepting crypto there is good chance for fast mass adoption of it.
jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:23:29 AM

Many projects are working on fast and easy payment solutions.
It has to be user friendly to be excepted by ordinary people.
When big merchants start accepting crypto there is good chance for fast mass adoption of it.

I agree with you. I also think that there needs to be the element of ease and that would be an extension of having an app excursively on mobile devices. Similar to how wechat and venmo work which is exactly what Elixxir seems to be doing but put the two things people use the most. Payments and messaging.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:49:21 AM

The massive adoption of cryptocurrency has a big impact on its development. In our country, cryptocurrency is being used as a mode of payment but most people here still choose to use fiat over it. There are more convenient ways through mobile phone apps to transact but they still choose fiat as a national currency.
rmilly (OP)

Activity: 312

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:09:31 PM

The massive adoption of cryptocurrency has a big impact on its development. In our country, cryptocurrency is being used as a mode of payment but most people here still choose to use fiat over it. There are more convenient ways through mobile phone apps to transact but they still choose fiat as a national currency.

I think people choose to use fiat over crypto in most instances because of volatility. I can see why people might worry with large amounts of money but if we are paying each other in smaller amounts through a mobile app this might be more widely acceptable to transact with crypto
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 06:26:01 PM

In my opinion, mass adoption should have some indicators before it happens. If people agree to shop with the crypto then it will be easy to accept the crypto payments by others.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 06:33:23 PM

I think mass adoption is more than just being able to make quick and easy payments.
There are already many countries that have companies that include crypto in point of sales methods (applepay, etc.)
For example, in China, you can add btc to your alipay or wechat account and pay with your phone.
Since basically every vendor in china has the point of sells, you can basically pay for anything using crypto.
Of course, it's still not practical since btc is so volatile.

But I think mainstream adoption is more about when companies use blockchain fully for the benefit of all.
Blockchain tech cuts out the need for middlemen entirely.
Any business can be more effectively run with it.

when this becomes standard and us, as a consumer can see full transparency, ease, and cost in price, that would be mainstream.

darylalban

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:53:47 AM

I think mass adoption is more than just being able to make quick and easy payments.
There are already many countries that have companies that include crypto in point of sales methods (applepay, etc.)
For example, in China, you can add btc to your alipay or wechat account and pay with your phone.
Since basically every vendor in china has the point of sells, you can basically pay for anything using crypto.
Of course, it's still not practical since btc is so volatile.

But I think mainstream adoption is more about when companies use blockchain fully for the benefit of all.
Blockchain tech cuts out the need for middlemen entirely.
Any business can be more effectively run with it.

when this becomes standard and us, as a consumer can see full transparency, ease, and cost in price, that would be mainstream.

That is a great add and I can't help but agree with you. I agree that it will take these larger companies the implementation of blockchain on mass adoption because if it's already a part of the system people will have to opt in.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:39:32 AM

I have always said the same thing, if we can manage to have a worldwide app that would literally help us get more adoption easily but right now even the mobile apps for banks that allows you to pay with your mobile phone is getting a tiny traction so expecting the shops to accept bitcoin mobile payments is a bit off. First we need the mobile payments as a whole (not just crypto but all fiat too) to get more famous and as soon as that gets more famous we need to squeeze in our mobile payment apps as well which will make it easier for us.

First one out of the door always gets bloody even though they get the biggest market share, either one company will spend insane amount of money to become the first one and make it big or we are going to wait until banks do it for us first.
GospelCrypto2

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:07:53 AM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
I actually understand your point of view.. Taking away all the technicality from the use of blockchain technology for perpetuating day to day activities will be a pivotal step in guaranteeing mass adoption but it's unfortunate that after 10 years the crypto space doesn't boast of any solution to this problem.. Aside from providing the simplicity of use by every Tom dick and Harry, I think establishing a reliable network of merchants ready to accept payment via cryptocurrencies is another factor most project have failed to consider.. The only solution I have seen so far to this is livenpay.. I hope they do well in the market..

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 09:24:34 AM

In my opinion, mass adoption should have some indicators before it happens. If people agree to shop with the crypto then it will be easy to accept the crypto payments by others.
But the problem is when crypto can be considered as stock. We must have a crypto that will be used as payment. Some people are understanding if crypto looks similar with asset or stock. that will be a bit difficult to change that opinion.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
tonyharding

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:49:38 AM

Electroneum has is a crypto that has an IOS and Android app that allows instead send/receive from one user to another, dunno if that helps.

Electroneum is planning for mass adoption.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:06:38 AM

I think the mass adoption can be made only if people will afford to buy crypto and hold, and shops with crypto, but indeed maybe lightning network can help because of speed of the transfer, and yes a smartphone will help because of portability.
Yes mass adoption is coming all over the world but we need more time as it is not so easy for the people to adopt in this kind of technology. If you are reading news, there are so many bitcoin ATMs out there and bitcoin used as a payment in stores using lightning network which is very awesome step towards mass adoption.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:24:27 AM

I think the mass adoption can be made only if people will afford to buy crypto and hold, and shops with crypto, but indeed maybe lightning network can help because of speed of the transfer, and yes a smartphone will help because of portability.
Yes mass adoption is coming all over the world but we need more time as it is not so easy for the people to adopt in this kind of technology. If you are reading news, there are so many bitcoin ATMs out there and bitcoin used as a payment in stores using lightning network which is very awesome step towards mass adoption.

I think the foundations of a massive adoption is already in the works right now and they will become an integral part on the crypto revolution! Such advances in mobile communications technologies like 5G networks, high performance cellular phones and high speed wireless networks and recent developments in blockchain technology including hardware and the emergence of crypto projects with viable use cases could hasten crypto adoption since it could enable ordinary people to tap blockchain networks easily and efficiently.
Redemption59

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:29:13 AM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
Elixxir is a project that has kept people waiting and waiting but its development has been in a slow pace. Making quick and easy for payments alone can't be considered as mass adoption. Mass adoption surpasses that and mass adoption comes into play when big companies and industries start using blockchain for the benefit of all.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 12:33:58 PM

I believe that the introduction of such a technology into the masses will not give good results from the very beginning and the fact that the technology is still damp and requires upgrading and testing for hacker attacks and the like only after that it will be possible to talk about the introduction into the masses.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:19:09 PM

I think fairly good  transaction speed already takes place. Though not all  bitcoin transactions are very fast, transactions still take place nicely on Peer-to-peer level via mobile wallets.
Instant transactions will probably be  mostly needed for buying on physical market with bitcoin. Online buyers and sellers don't worry too much about that.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:29:35 PM

One of the easiest ways that i had always thought we could easily reach mass adoption, is for the projects that come to the crypto space to have viable products that will be useful to humanity, her environment and online things as well.
Investors are looking for projects that will bring value to the coins they have invested in. Most times , they are not just investing by buying the coin to expect a pump at the end of the day, but for the product to be useful for all.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:33:59 PM

It just hard to predict when it will happen, maybe a good news can inform us about the future mass adoption. We are all using a mobile phone so i guess, having a faster mobile transactions will give confidence for us to adopt and it can also attract businesses to accept cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: