Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Adoption = Instant mobile transactions  (Read 640 times)
Anc92

Activity: 259
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:22:21 AM

Mass adoption is definitely going to happen.
Indeed, one of the easiest ways to get people into the cryprosphere is with ease of operations.
With useful apps being developed by projects with focus (Such as the ECOMI project), the blockchain will be seamlessly introduced to the masses and it'll be adopted with less hurdles.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 07:38:25 AM

Starting with your title, mass adoption will set in if there will be instant transactions. It won't make sense paying for a goods while waiting hours for the transaction to get confirmed. Although mass adoption is gradually taking place, but with improvement in blockchain networks as well as ease of use there will be massive adoption.

digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:18:51 PM

Now there are many applications through which you can use your wallets through the phone. Yes, it is convenient, but for a narrow circle of people who are long in the industry and understand the payment systems. For the General popularization of the crypto currency, there is not enough much attention.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:28:24 PM

Now there are many applications through which you can use your wallets through the phone. Yes, it is convenient, but for a narrow circle of people who are long in the industry and understand the payment systems. For the General popularization of the crypto currency, there is not enough much attention.
for the mass adoption of cryptocurrency, we need adoption of cryptocurrency as a payment instrument at the government level and permission to use it is necessary

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:35:44 PM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
I know one thing, before there was only Fiat money, and then there was a cashless payment and now it is impossible to imagine life without it. Cryptocurrency payments are the future, it just takes some time for the world to accept this fact.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

SaRmY

Activity: 645

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:41:46 PM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
I know one thing, before there was only Fiat money, and then there was a cashless payment and now it is impossible to imagine life without it. Cryptocurrency payments are the future, it just takes some time for the world to accept this fact.

Only they are still not reliable. The mere fact that when you pay you can not return the money makes this method of payment is not valid today. One mistake and your money on the air did not click there and the hackers opened the wallet. I still do not see this as a future.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 05:52:39 PM

I think instant payment system will make crypto more centralised. Which is definately not the aim of crypto currencies. In my country there are many options to pay instantly online by justing using a mobile phone. But they all are somewhere connected to the banks and centralised systems. If another centralised system is used, why would people use the newer ones instead of old ones?

Blah blah
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:20:52 PM

Yes, that's right ease of use and convinence while carrying out transactions is one of the things needed for mass adoption to take place. This is because most blockchain projects are complex and might not be user friendly for the common man. Another point or factor is ensuring there is faster confirmation of transactions.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:50:16 AM

Quick and simple payment transactions are on the horizon with Facebook's upcoming stablecoin project GlobalCoin which should remove some of the usability obstacles faced by cryptocurrencies and create new use cases that can advance the adoption of these types of technologies and support by mobile manufacturers like Samsung, HTC and in future possibly Apple too will increase their proliferation worldwide exponentially

Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:53:15 AM

Libra could do it but Libra is going to be illegal in some countries. But if Libra really is developed as a cryptocurrency, no ban would restrict it.
Lightning network is also a solution. With just one satoshi fees, people would transact small amounts for buying.
It's really difficult for new projects to succeed as they are many but with very low credibility.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 03:15:57 AM

Libra could do it but Libra is going to be illegal in some countries. But if Libra really is developed as a cryptocurrency, no ban would restrict it.
Lightning network is also a solution. With just one satoshi fees, people would transact small amounts for buying.
It's really difficult for new projects to succeed as they are many but with very low credibility.
Libra is one of those anticipated project that will cater this kind of transactions, if this coin will really get the supports of many businesses and government
from each side of the world it can be used as payment gateway, crypto industry will see the benefits and also the negative side after this coin start facilitating and being used around.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1044
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 03:32:02 AM

Maybe for now it's considered illegal due to it wasn't yet endorsed properly to the public to become more popular. Let's wait for further developments coming for Libra in the upcoming days, for sure there will be a massive adoption once every circumstances will be eliminated with regards to how it has been appreciated by other groups. If this coin will gain credibility, I believed success can be acquired even if this is a new coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: