Bitcoin Forum
September 16, 2019, 03:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limited Supplies Lead To Death (SIMULATION) Satoshi Help.  (Read 117 times)
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 58

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 06:35:09 PM

Sorry I been up for 24hours and my thoughts are just off the top of my head. The stuff I am talking about is in the middle of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494ki3Dz9pM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HouseStark

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:19:59 AM

So how come Gold hasn't died yet until now? The limited supplied implied here doesn't mean a sharp sloppy graph! It's a gradual process which could take centuries to happen.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1347

Segwit please.

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 09:52:28 AM

So how come Gold hasn't died yet until now? The limited supplied implied here doesn't mean a sharp sloppy graph! It's a gradual process which could take centuries to happen.

Gold isn't really that limited, especially not when you look at how much paper Gold there is circulating.

Considering that most people don't mind going for convenience and buy paper Gold, it will gradually decrease the actual spot demand for Gold. Aside from it being a shiny metal and some people believe they have to own some physical Gold to be ready for a collapse of their fiat currency, there isn't much spot demand.

Gold's last 5 year gains are a little over 2%. You might think, great, it at least held its value, but when you factor in the loss in purchasing power due to inflation, things aren't as great as they might seem. I'm sure the picture would be different with way less paper Gold, but the situation is as it is. Not much that you can do about it.

sandra_x

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:24:13 AM

Gold isn't really that limited, especially not when you look at how much paper Gold there is circulating.

Considering that most people don't mind going for convenience and buy paper Gold, it will gradually decrease the actual spot demand for Gold. Aside from it being a shiny metal and some people believe they have to own some physical Gold to be ready for a collapse of their fiat currency, there isn't much spot demand.

Gold's last 5 year gains are a little over 2%. You might think, great, it at least held its value, but when you factor in the loss in purchasing power due to inflation, things aren't as great as they might seem. I'm sure the picture would be different with way less paper Gold, but the situation is as it is. Not much that you can do about it.
And some day we might even be getting Gold (and other precious metals) being mined in space and shipped back to earth, It is already a topic of discussion or a similar scenario with diamond which are increasing being perfectly made industrially. We trust bitcoin because the supply is something that is fixed by its core protocol
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1401

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:55:08 PM
Merited by figmentofmyass (1)

Sorry. I don't feel like watching a 30 minute video just to discover the topic of this thread.

Buy stuff on Amazon at a discount with bitcoins or convert Amazon points to bitcoins: Purse.io
Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1347

Segwit please.

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 10:08:36 PM

We trust bitcoin because the supply is something that is fixed by its core protocol

That too, but another important feature is transparency.

We, to the very satoshi, can verify how much of it is in circulation. With Gold you just have to rely on external sources without anything allowing you to verify how much of it is actually in circulation. People don't realize how important Bitcoin is, both in offering an alternative to our currently rotten financial and governmental system, and the transparency that it offers.

Also, people often focus too much on 1BTC thinking 21 million coins can't be enough for the whole world. You don't have to buy a whole coin. 1BTC = 100,000,000 satoshis, which as more time goes by, will gain more value and thus more importance. It's only a matter of time before we calculate in satoshis and stop thinking about 0.0xx BTC.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1173

FortuneJack.com

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:54:48 PM

Sorry I been up for 24hours and my thoughts are just off the top of my head. The stuff I am talking about is in the middle of the video

Be specific! Instead of posting gibberish videos, post what exactly your thought is!! No one is going to watch your video just to find out your thought! If you want to share thoughts effectively, please post it here! We will be happy to understand and discuss!

████████████████████████████
████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
████████████████████████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████████████████████████
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
████████████████████████████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
kevpantof

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:24:46 AM

I'm sorry but you're getting it wrong, the way I see it, Bitcoin is not really limited like people think. Every single day there are lots of people buying and selling Bitcoin and it's never going to stop. And when the demand for it gets high the price will as well be high, which means that it reduces the amount that people are able to purchase with a particular amount. If you can buy 1 btc with $1 and there happens to be a high demand, then 1 btc will start selling at $2 and that means that you will no longer be able to get up to 1 btc with that amount and will have to opt for 0.5 btc. You see?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.