Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of excellent digital resources for English language learners  (Read 173 times)
yazher (OP)

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 03:09:44 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2019, 03:59:48 PM by yazher
Merited by HCP (2), FFrankie (1), asu (1)

In most cases, there are a lot of users here that want to engage in some conversation but have a lack understanding of the English Language.
that's why they cannot pinpoint what they are trying to say. a lack of understanding will lead our Ideas into waste.
To make this short I want to share some of the necessary things to help you master the English Language so that next time you won't have any problem when trying to talk to the native speaker.

Here are Some of the Resources I'm talking about:

Reading: Reading Exercises

Organized by level, this website has about 25 reading comprehension exercises per level where you read a short text and then answer some comprehension questions. If you practice this regularly it will give you some accuracy learning the other things below. take your time to practice reading slowly but surely.

Writing: Write and Improve

This is a cool website for students who are looking to improve their writing, especially in terms of grammar and spelling. in here you will have some resources on how to improve your writing skills by answering some questions, replying some letters with your words being corrected by the computer or bot.

Speaking:

To improve your speaking skills, you just need to get some recorder and speak some English words or read some books and record it, and take your time to listen to yourself, by listening to yourself you will have an idea on where you should begin practicing on what sort of things are you lacking.

Listening: Ted eD

One of the best things to do is listening to the native speaker so that you will know how to pronounce the words correctly and you will have an Idea on which part of a sentence that you gonna use those words to. TED talks are quite popular, and with this website, students can find any number of videos related to a topic they are interested in. Each video is accompanied by a lesson that includes comprehension questions to check for understanding as well as open-ended questions and links to explore more about the topic.

Grammar: ENGLISH GRAMMAR GUIDE

Grammar is the hardest part of all, as I do not fully know it myself but if we take our time to understand it there will be good results as long as we try. The EF English Grammar Guide is an easy-to-use resource with tips about usage, explained simply with examples (and counter-examples!) to illustrate. It can be accessed by teachers or students at any time.

Pronunciation: "Speak English Pro: American Pronunciation"

One the best way to improve your pronunciation is You can use pretty much any app on your phone: Notes, Pages, Word, an email, etc. Simply make sure the keyboard language is set to English, press the little microphone, and begin speaking. You can either read a text or talk freely for about 20-30 seconds; then press done. Read over what your phone typed, and see if it understood you correctly—was that what you wanted to say? If there are words that your phone didn’t understand, practice these words and go back and try again. The technology isn’t perfect, of course, but it’s fairly accurate so it’s a good way to check and improve your pronunciation.

Vocabulary: English-Vocabulary

By memorizing both of the commonly used and rarely used vocabulary you will gain a tremendous amount of Experience by using them on Speaking every day with native speakers. As I always said take your time memorizing them slowly but surely maybe 20 Vocabulary a day that will do the job until you memorized most of them. If you’re looking for a fun way to improve your vocabulary that also helps people, check out this website. It’s just a multiple choice vocabulary quiz, but the questions are endless, and as you master new words, you can move up levels. In addition, the organization that runs the website donates ten grains of rice for each question answered correctly!

Exam: Test Your English Skills

The last thing is you need to take the exam to know until where you've gone so far, The EF SET exam is a free language test to identify your level, with scores aligned to internationally approved standards developed by the European Council, meaning it’s understood by employers and universities. The EF SET is extremely user-friendly, with quick and complete test options available, plus an online certificate that can be attached to your LinkedIn profile to easily share your level with your network.

I'm not claiming that I am the best English speaker out there, just like you I also want to learn, my skill is also below average by taking our time practicing with these resources I'm sure we can see a result of our hard work after a few months from now.

Sources:
https://www.ef.com/wwen/blog/teacherzone/self-study-resources-for-students/

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stanislau

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2022, 04:40:32 PM

among all other courses, I would also single out the course from the https://englishpapa.com/ platform precisely for the reason that there is a complete immersion in the subject being studied, this is how not only your learning takes place, but also the subsequent progress, because you always you will be able to rely on your teacher both during and after the end of the course, which in this case cannot fail to give the result you are striving for
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: