Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: user 72289 scammed me for 15BTC  (Read 1729 times)
pointbiz (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 12:09:28 PM

user 72289 scammed me for 15BTC

Here is his profile link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23426

He promised I would get a megaupload lifetime premium account in 24-36 hours and that was 9 days ago and he hasn't logged into his sock puppet in 6 days.

It's sad that we are trying to bring to life a new currency and there are these shady traders on the forums wrecking it for everybody else.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:57:00 PM

Huh, he sold me a lifetime MU plan and I haven't had any problems with it yet.  No problems with the transaction, either.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 09:05:53 PM

I wish there was a site outside of this that had some volume for selling goods. Also with a rating system like ebay. I would love to sell and buy things with bitcoin but the risk is just too high sometimes.

I like WoT, really everyone in the BTC world should be using it.

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 09:10:30 PM

LOL thank you for telling us because I was interested too. Good thing I can get by with free accounts. Anyone paying for premium has got too much time on their hands Grin
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 09:35:11 PM

How does WoT apply to individuals?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:50:31 PM

Huh, he sold me a lifetime MU plan and I haven't had any problems with it yet.  No problems with the transaction, either.

I also bought an account and haven't had problems with it. That said, I am not sure I believe his story...the pieces and prices don't add up.

Either way, the product was delivered and hasn't been revoked due to chargeback fraud yet. I think MegaUpload insulates themselves through MoneyBookers, so even if he's pulling something shady, I am not sure our accounts will necessarily get pulled.

pointbiz: what do you mean his sock-puppet? he's using multiple accounts? I wouldn't write it off as lost quite yet...he was establishing rapport and selling a lot to people who actually got them. If what I suspect is true, it was pure profit. Why would he cut and run for 15btc?
bulanula

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:57:27 PM

I also bought an account and haven't had problems with it. That said, I am not sure I believe his story...the pieces and prices don't add up.

Either way, the product was delivered and hasn't been revoked due to chargeback fraud yet. I think MegaUpload insulates themselves through MoneyBookers, so even if he's pulling something shady, I am not sure our accounts will necessarily get pulled.

pointbiz: what do you mean his sock-puppet? he's using multiple accounts? I wouldn't write it off as lost quite yet...he was establishing rapport and selling a lot to people who actually got them. If what I suspect is true, it was pure profit. Why would he cut and run for 15btc?

Maybe because the accounts were phished or he ( the insider or the seller ) got fired for selling MU accounts for free ? You are sitting on a time bomb account I think.
RandyFolds

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 11:08:50 PM

Maybe because the accounts were phished or he ( the insider or the seller ) got fired for selling MU accounts for free ? You are sitting on a time bomb account I think.

It was a fresh account. We'll see how long it lasts, but the way MU is run, I doubt anything will happen. I only raised an eyebrow after delivery when I saw the account was paid for with MB. Why would an employee still need to go through that?
pointbiz (OP)

1ninja

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 12:06:08 AM

I'm just guessing it was a sock puppet because he hasn't had activity since Nov 3. I looked at the thread he was selling on:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47492.msg601164#msg601164

He says he's going to fill the last two accounts, one of which I assume is mine. I paid him the 15BTC on Oct 30th and haven't heard anything from him.
He said I'll get the account in 24-36 hours, which I thought made sense if he was getting an employee to create an account.

I hope he comes back around and gives me an account... it's 10 days so far.

bulanula

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 12:10:12 AM

I'm just guessing it was a sock puppet because he hasn't had activity since Nov 3. I looked at the thread he was selling on:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47492.msg601164#msg601164

He says he's going to fill the last two accounts, one of which I assume is mine. I paid him the 15BTC on Oct 30th and haven't heard anything from him.
He said I'll get the account in 24-36 hours, which I thought made sense if he was getting an employee to create an account.

I hope he comes back around and gives me an account... it's 10 days so far.

I hope that Nigerian princess gives me my well earned $1 million. It has been 10 years so far ...
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 01:01:21 AM

user 72289 scammed me for 15BTC

Here is his profile link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23426

He promised I would get a megaupload lifetime premium account in 24-36 hours and that was 9 days ago and he hasn't logged into his sock puppet in 6 days.

It's sad that we are trying to bring to life a new currency and there are these shady traders on the forums wrecking it for everybody else.

My intent in saying what I'm about to say is sincerely not to say anything negative about Bitcoin.

But, I really think that you can't just have a good currency and expect people will be good.  I was talking to someone today about how interesting of an experiment Bitcoin is in the context of scamming.  I think most people would confidently say they could find a way to scam someone out of BTC without worry of any consequences.  It's interesting to see how many actually do.  I'm sure there are probably mediating factors, but still.
pointbiz (OP)

1ninja

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 02:11:49 AM

I hope that Nigerian princess gives me my well earned $1 million. It has been 10 years so far ...

You've captured my emotion exactly!

pennytrader

Activity: 254

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:24:55 AM

I also bought my lifetime MU account from him. 15btc just sounded too good to be true (considering the marketed price for the lifetime account is 199 Euros, which is about 270 USD. Well, I know most people are bullish about BTC but it's probably a long way before BTC climbs back to $18). So I waited for a few other users to confirm before my purchase. The account was freshly created and even the username was the one I specified. It's been 12 days and the account is still good.

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
bulanula

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:45:14 PM

I also bought my lifetime MU account from him. 15btc just sounded too good to be true (considering the marketed price for the lifetime account is 199 Euros, which is about 270 USD. Well, I know most people are bullish about BTC but it's probably a long way before BTC climbs back to $18). So I waited for a few other users to confirm before my purchase. The account was freshly created and even the username was the one I specified. It's been 12 days and the account is still good.

Well TBH the offer really was spectacularly good but even if he had a guy working for MU why were the accounts showing up as bought with MoneyBookers and why is he not coming back here ? I sure hope those accounts are not going to be closed soon.
pennytrader

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 03:30:50 AM

I'd like to bring up this thread again. So the final destination of my lifetime account has nothing to do with whether 72289 is a scammer or not. It's the shutdown which finally ended the game Sad

please donate to 1P3m2resGCP2o2sFX324DP1mfqHgGPA8BL
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 03:44:52 AM

I'd like to bring up this thread again. So the final destination of my lifetime account has nothing to do with whether 72289 is a scammer or not. It's the shutdown which finally ended the game Sad

'Tis unfortunate. Now I will need to go elsewhere for my televisions...until Kim mothafuckin' Dotcom uses his shitload of money to show those pricks and reopen. I see it in the tea leaves...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: