Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any idea about cryptopia  (Read 425 times)
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:29:39 AM

I am curious, all these cryptopia shills are being paid for shilling or just plain stupid?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:49:18 AM

These are just my own perspective I think they are still struggling to refund the lost funds that's why we can't able to withdraw for now but fortunate for some coins withdraw is available now they allow this hack to happen maybe it will be repeated in the future so if I were you I will withdraw all my funds to be safe.
HardFireMiner

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:59:21 AM

These are just my own perspective I think they are still struggling to refund the lost funds that's why we can't able to withdraw for now but fortunate for some coins withdraw is available now they allow this hack to happen maybe it will be repeated in the future so if I were you I will withdraw all my funds to be safe.

Then why did they scammed users of airdropped coins for months in winter-spring 2018, with withdrawals stuck in "processing"?
Then why did they created and launched a secondary exchange (assetylene.com) in October 2018?
How did they lost 100% of ETH, weren't they using a cold storage?
Why users must pay for their security breach? Even MtGox refunded users after the "hack".
Why not put a man to manually send clients money individually after the hack for the unaffected coins?
Why this ridiculous wait of 3.5 months to be able to withdraw money in BTC and DOGE only during working hours, without any coding needed for this?

It's a scam, get over it.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:15:37 AM

Then why did they scammed users of airdropped coins for months in winter-spring 2018, with withdrawals stuck in "processing"?
Then why did they created and launched a secondary exchange (assetylene.com) in October 2018?
How did they lost 100% of ETH, weren't they using a cold storage?
Why users must pay for their security breach? Even MtGox refunded users after the "hack".
Why not put a man to manually send clients money individually after the hack for the unaffected coins?
Why this ridiculous wait of 3.5 months to be able to withdraw money in BTC and DOGE only during working hours, without any coding needed for this?

It's a scam, get over it.

What you are saying has some good points, If that's the case I'm rekt, I'm following one altcoin and most of the volume is stuck there If it will turn scam my coin is probably going down with them. As an investor, I'm still hoping they will enable withdraw for my coin soon.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:32:35 AM

I was holding some good amount of token and ethereum in cryptopia still we couldn’t able to withdraw from exchange hope it will be sort out and we will get our fund back . If anybody having insight any genuine please let us know in this thread.
I think cryptopia still good exchanger despite hacked recently. They already operate right now and receiving limited deposit. They change to cold storage and i think its good to secure customers coin or token.

Keadyar

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:38:54 AM

I think cryptopia still good exchanger despite hacked recently. They already operate right now and receiving limited deposit. They change to cold storage and i think its good to secure customers coin or token.
I think that Cryptopia will be very hard to regain past positions. Two hacking in a row dealt a crushing blow to the image of this exchange. Although I personally liked this exchange.

Coinsbit Exchange (coinsbit.io) - the best cryptoexchange launched!!!
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:54:24 AM

Do not worry your funds may not be lost. Cryptopia is considered to be the best and good exchange and it has also many reasons to believe it. Cryptopia has suffered a hack some months ago, which has been a setback for the project. But despite this, the exchange has tried to be honest and pro public by reopening it. If it had bad intention, it would not have resumed its service again. Since it has been undergoing the duo process, there might be some technical reasons.
ExFrozze

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:57:07 AM

You can already withdraw ethereum and bitcoin, because the wallet from cryptopia has recently been hacked, your funds are safe

installer

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:02:51 AM

Cryptopia was hacked like not so long time ago and unfortunately as far as I know almost all funds were stolen. They are trying to fix this issue and to find the hackers for about the last several months, but without success till now.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 01:10:37 PM

I was holding some good amount of token and ethereum in cryptopia still we couldn’t able to withdraw from exchange hope it will be sort out and we will get our fund back . If anybody having insight any genuine please let us know in this thread.
I believe they are working on it, because if they can't do that, they will automatically loss the trust of their users which they have built over time, most exchanges don't take their security very serious which has been alarming especially in this time when hackers are trying everything possible to make sure they are able to steal users coin since they can't be traced unlike when fiat is being stolen from an account, exchanges should be more concerned about security than banks, since they have committed themselves to being the one to hold users coin who can actually hold their coin themselves in a private wallet.
niisarearning (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:19:07 AM

They applied a "haircut" to all clients having BTC=16%, ETH=100% and LTC=30%, i think the number are correct, you can check on their site. For a week or so they enabled withdraw to some of their coins, only during working hours.

Just withdraw your coins and stay away from their scam exchange, also from https://assetylene.com/ exchange, which is their re-branded version.
I dint get 100% ethereum means whichever ethereum I hold it in exchange that’s disappeared . I had around 1 ether in exchange you mean to say it’s gone . Sorry if am wrong.
HardFireMiner

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:34:34 AM

They applied a "haircut" to all clients having BTC=16%, ETH=100% and LTC=30%, i think the number are correct, you can check on their site. For a week or so they enabled withdraw to some of their coins, only during working hours.

Just withdraw your coins and stay away from their scam exchange, also from https://assetylene.com/ exchange, which is their re-branded version.
I dint get 100% ethereum means whichever ethereum I hold it in exchange that’s disappeared . I had around 1 ether in exchange you mean to say it’s gone . Sorry if am wrong.

It's gone.

Enjoy the haircut, mate.

Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:46:38 AM

Cryptopia was hacked like not so long time ago and unfortunately as far as I know almost all funds were stolen. They are trying to fix this issue and to find the hackers for about the last several months, but without success till now.
I don't think this is possible at all. Of course, there were a lot of cases when the law managed to catch those people who stole money from the exchanges, but this happened after few years. I don’t think that in the coming year the work of the cryptopia will be restored, although I really hope so

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:49:09 AM

Nope. According to them, less than 10% of the funds were stolen and the team was able to secure the remaining funds to cold storage. Now I can't confirm the accuracy of their claim, but at this point I believe them. Finding the hackers is like searching for a needle in the haystack. It is going to take a lot of time and manpower, and there is even a chance that this hacker will never be find.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 12:43:28 PM

Nope. According to them, less than 10% of the funds were stolen and the team was able to secure the remaining funds to cold storage. Now I can't confirm the accuracy of their claim, but at this point I believe them. Finding the hackers is like searching for a needle in the haystack. It is going to take a lot of time and manpower, and there is even a chance that this hacker will never be find.
Months after the hack, Cryptopia came back, and almost fully functional for their customers, so it is good by now to see they worked hard to keep their customers satisfied and by now, at least their customers might not get losses with official statements from the exchange. They still have a list of priorities to do, in which coins listed in order for the exchange to do wallet upgrades before enable functions of those coins, and allowing active tradings for them. Generally, Cryptopia have finished their priorities orderly to bring all coins listed on their platform coming back after the hack.
globetrotter43

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:26:56 PM

I do not think it would be a wise move using Cryptopia anymore. The exchange with a red flag should be avoided. They haven't addressed its customers satisfactorily so far. I wish they improve their reputation in the future. At the moment I do not see any valid reason to continue using it. Exchanges should be aware of the threats and should take precautionary measures to save their clients. This is why now people are looking forward to the decentralized exchanges in order to have their funds protected in such a scenario.

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | $1M Raised
▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 01:38:33 PM

I don't think there's any way to get insight information unless someone is from the team. However, I think they will be back soon with refunding everyone's fund and start their business again.

I do not think it would be a wise move using Cryptopia anymore. The exchange with a red flag should be avoided. They haven't addressed its customers satisfactorily so far. I wish they improve their reputation in the future. At the moment I do not see any valid reason to continue using it. Exchanges should be aware of the threats and should take precautionary measures to save their clients. This is why now people are looking forward to the decentralized exchanges in order to have their funds protected in such a scenario.
He isn't talking about using cryptopia anymore but he is talking about his fund left in cryptopia exchange.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:12:58 PM

oh still having problem in cryptopia?, if you able to withdraw with your cryptos better to not to use that exchange again.. their security is not good, I don't think that exchange will rise up again after that hacked.

dominikmartins
Copper Member

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:13:53 PM

Still no answer?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 02:19:25 PM