Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are utility tokens dying?  (Read 504 times)
danielchris

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:26:37 PM

I think we can not say utility tokens are dying, whenever there are many different types of utility tokens are achieved success. But in  the market some projects started for only get money from the investors & failed by unsensible team working be hind the project. That result lot of  people  uninterested any investment.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 06:35:18 PM

the use on decision as developer works on customs with the notification of seeds on returns with the tasks on running compliance as the assessment on tasks with the occupation of bridge on extensive with the blockchain systematical on extending tasks on scheme as the manage of work on examination,
that those with the returns as the use of chance on ledger to gives as records with the queries on encapsulation to helps on option as different chance on entrance as users to defines with limit of expends on work as managing tasks of evaluation on parts with the absence on field of forum with the bitcoin finance.

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 06:45:33 PM

Utility tokens aim to be a native token in their platform.  We can find only a few utility tokens become have a real use, the rest are just a utility hype tokens which the prices depend on the market demands. I don't think they are dead, they are just yet to be a utility tokens.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:29:15 PM

Utility tokens aim to be a native token in their platform.  We can find only a few utility tokens become have a real use, the rest are just a utility hype tokens which the prices depend on the market demands. I don't think they are dead, they are just yet to be a utility tokens.
In which case, advertising coins will not have much relevance in the near future, because, one way or another, projects will develop in a different direction, without the interest of maintaining a coin.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:32:53 PM

If their idea went big then only that utility token also been used in the same platform. For example if you take the BNB coin it was launched as token few years before but now they captured big market because of their platform.
If there is any project like we may find such useful tokens among us else it is not possible at all.

Can you listed out 10 utility tokens launched in this year or last 6 months.

Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:40:31 PM

People’s relationships are not limited to finances. Moreover, financial relations are secondary. If many activities are tokenized, then service assets will prevail over financial ones. Someday. Maybe I'm a utopian idealist Smiley ...

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Osaremien

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:47:17 PM

The major problem is that teams don’t keep totheir promises and most times they don’t follow their roadmap and except this is done we may not see a reversal
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:49:25 PM

I've been conducting research recently and I'm just doing the utility tokens. I knew that everything was bad, but I did not guess how much. A significant number of projects are simply dead, and those who are still alive have so few users that it is sad. Still, I hope that this is the effect of the bear market, but not total extinction.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:52:07 PM

The problem started when every project wants to create their own token, if we take a look at it deeply, it is really not a convenient one to start buying different token for every of the services I want to make use of, that is why they are not growing and knowing fully well that such service is not a monopolized one that would have giving them edge.

We have very good utility tokens that has already been established and gained ground, I honestly don’t see any reason why they cannot partner with such utility token, let’s say Ethereum and just make it the base of their project, we all know that many people have ethereum stashed in their wallet and would not find it difficult to use it for any services that requires it.
kurcalas

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:53:38 PM

The next post is just made out of my own personal opinions based on what I have observed in the past 2 years.
Let me know what you think.

It seems to me like utility tokens from projects outside the financial industry are dying. I refer to those projects that deliver services in the gaming industry, betting, social media, etc.
It seems to me that only those who offer financial services are surviving like cryptocurrencies, exchange platforms, STOs in the near future hopefully, and other financial services like Ripple.
Having to buy a token for each product or service you want to get is definitely not very convenient, and most people don't want to go through such an inconvenient process of leaving the long and well established services and platforms to become pioneers of a new one and deal with so much factors.

So seems to me that the faster the industry and developers start focusing on these type of services, the less weight the industry will have to carry also in terms of reputation. Because most ICOs were based in these utility tokens, and most of them failed or were a scam. But STOs don't give much room for that because it will go through legal processes. Or seems to me that way.
At the end of the day, I consider crypto is a financial solution, even more, an solution for investors. So projects should focuse on that niche, and not try to get on board people with other interests.

What do you guys think about this?

Utility tokens cannot be destroyed. They are the bridge between real life and crypto projects. They are affected more than other because of just market conditions.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 08:19:43 PM

As for most utility tokens not dying ,scam shitcoin products should not be included in utility tokens ,cardano ripple and others have proven they still survive in this industry ,I think they are still in the development stage and it's too early say dying to utility tokens

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 09:02:14 PM

Indeed tokens are shitcoins will die, but not tokens who are used by people and not tokens which can have some good teams behind and is better to have only the good projects on crypto market and other projects die because only on this way we can have good prices and mass adoption.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 09:08:30 PM

Utility tokens have a different purpose in the crypt industry and some people can't understand the variety of security and utility tokens.  I only buy the utility tokens of the real projects.
Peruvyn

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 09:37:51 PM

I don't think utility token can die though most of them are not being used for utilities due to one issue or the other. They have been used mainly for speculative trading but I don't think it will continue like this for long because some projects will soon be massively adopted.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:47:10 PM

The next post is just made out of my own personal opinions based on what I have observed in the past 2 years.

It seems to me like utility tokens from projects outside the financial industry are dying. I refer to those projects that deliver services in the gaming industry, betting, social media, etc.
It seems to me that only those who offer financial services are surviving like cryptocurrencies, exchange platforms, STOs in the near future hopefully, and other financial services like Ripple.
Having to buy a token for each product or service you want to get is definitely not very convenient, and most people don't want to go through such an inconvenient process of leaving the long and well established services and platforms to become pioneers of a new one and deal with so much factors.

So seems to me that the faster the industry and developers start focusing on these type of services, the less weight the industry will have to carry also in terms of reputation. Because most ICOs were based in these utility tokens, and most of them failed or were a scam. But STOs don't give much room for that because it will go through legal processes. Or seems to me that way.
At the end of the day, I consider crypto is a financial solution, even more, an solution for investors. So projects should focuse on that niche, and not try to get on board people with other interests.

Day by day, new utility tokens were introduced into the market, and new tokens were dying, it is mainly because of lack of work from the team and developer itself and some others were just created by scammers and fraudsters in order to collect money from the investors itself, maybe we just need to be more careful in investing those tokens.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:53:27 PM

Day by day, new utility tokens were introduced into the market, and new tokens were dying, it is mainly because of lack of work from the team and developer itself and some others were just created by scammers and fraudsters in order to collect money from the investors itself, maybe we just need to be more careful in investing those tokens.

If everyday new tokens will arrive, I think it's not possible to die because of continuous development. Lack of work isn't the reason but most of the factors was financial struggles due to investors were pulling back their money on a certain crypto project which has no good outcome. After the trading many panic sellers tend to dump, so we might see price decline very fast
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:11:41 AM

Yes most are dying because they have nothing to offer which can be attributed to the lack of experienced team. Most don't actually know what they want or how to go about so how can they succed? To survive in this crypto space, a project needs to offer viable products not imaginary ones.

hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:56:50 AM

I sort of agree with your opinion. Ethereum is a great platform for fintech and decentralized finance. I believe utility tokens providing financial benefits will continue to survive, but other utility tokens possibly will have difficulties in the future.
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:17:41 AM

I think from STO's to consider, no. utility tokens are still good, just look on something such as binance, you can see the profit as it can minimize the transaction fee am I right? In that sense, since they are utility tokens, we can expect that they are there, intended to help us through participating on the cryptocurrency space much efficiently.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 06:43:33 AM

You are right at the moment only those utility token are live and which has its platform, mostly project dead due to there roadmap beyond there limitations. they can not provide which they have written in there roadmap and now investors are totally in loss.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: