Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are utility tokens dying?  (Read 504 times)
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:45:10 AM

I sort of agree with your opinion. Ethereum is a great platform for fintech and decentralized finance. I believe utility tokens providing financial benefits will continue to survive, but other utility tokens possibly will have difficulties in the future.
No of course, these tokens are good actually if they are utility especially if it has been used to the common people in their daily life living like food, renting, transportation or etc. These will keep the token alive and active and no wonder also that these tokens will keep alive even if other crypto will not. Just like BTC, which is the common utility crypto to which it is already accepted in other establishment as a form of payment. And it is being acknowledge all over the world.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:14:22 AM

The reason why we see a lot of utility token dying is because of lack of regulations and commitment by the team who owns this tokens, we have seen this from a lot of icos rising everyday with new and promising project, but the token ends up becoming a shit one, imagine making purchase of a token for $0.2 and selling at $0.02 when it hits the exchange after waiting for 1 year to see if you will make good profit.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:27:08 AM

Depends on the token utility. Some are worthless coz there is literally no use of the token on the platform. These ICOs raise money in the name of utility token but in return they give you garbage tokens in return. These utility tokens are definately dying.

Blah blah
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:42:45 AM

Not dying per say, most utility coins(tokens) could be failing to break the market because of poor marketing and not getting to the intended users.

I would like to think these coins are more of trading assets than they are of utility.
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:56:35 PM

You don’t need to believe everything, the whole point of crowd manipulation is built on this, so now it’s no use talking about it, because the intent of manipulations is clearly hidden in this, I think that it will be clearly understood if you work on it.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 02:37:10 PM

Most of the so called utility tokens do not have a clear vision of further development of their platforms, and as such, sustainability will always be a problem. You sometimes see them being around for few months after which people just loose interest and that becomes the end of that project and token.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:56:33 PM

The next post is just made out of my own personal opinions based on what I have observed in the past 2 years.
Let me know what you think.

It seems to me like utility tokens from projects outside the financial industry are dying. I refer to those projects that deliver services in the gaming industry, betting, social media, etc.
It seems to me that only those who offer financial services are surviving like cryptocurrencies, exchange platforms, STOs in the near future hopefully, and other financial services like Ripple.
Having to buy a token for each product or service you want to get is definitely not very convenient, and most people don't want to go through such an inconvenient process of leaving the long and well established services and platforms to become pioneers of a new one and deal with so much factors.

So seems to me that the faster the industry and developers start focusing on these type of services, the less weight the industry will have to carry also in terms of reputation. Because most ICOs were based in these utility tokens, and most of them failed or were a scam. But STOs don't give much room for that because it will go through legal processes. Or seems to me that way.
At the end of the day, I consider crypto is a financial solution, even more, an solution for investors. So projects should focuse on that niche, and not try to get on board people with other interests.

What do you guys think about this?

Reading your post, gave me something to truly think about. I was not happy as to the failures of many utility tokens even though these projects wants to help make the world better in one way or another. Theymajor concerns here has to do with the project developers and their roadmaps, most them deviate from the initial plans and some become so lazy to continue with the development and as a result, the tokens fails.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 03:02:36 PM

The reason why we see a lot of utility token dying is because of lack of regulations and commitment by the team who owns this tokens, we have seen this from a lot of icos rising everyday with new and promising project, but the token ends up becoming a shit one, imagine making purchase of a token for $0.2 and selling at $0.02 when it hits the exchange after waiting for 1 year to see if you will make good profit.
Mostly the case from the ico's, investors frustrations affects the project itself, things will be worthless as the creators itself doesn't mind for the future of the projects, maybe there's still some that will proceed if the developers will be very keen to make way in succeeding from this industry, they need to be more serious developing what they've created.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:50:06 PM

Utility tokens are not dying for me. If you are basing on the market for sure you'll see the tokens are almost dying. Actually almost all of them not just utility tokens. It is because there is a crisis in cryptocurrency right now. Utility tokens will still improve and will rise after the market recover.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 05:49:53 PM

the customs on product and service developer to prepare of work on extensive as presenting use with the modest qualification then more to prepare as might with the chance on request and manage with america subaru.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 09:12:40 PM

No, utility tokens still exist and doing good in some fields, like one of my favorite coins is Midas. It's a node hosting platform. Another token I liked enough is Trip token, can be used for travel services in a various way. I know a few token doing good in real estate fields, so utility depends on the team and the users. Nobody alone can stand with a high-quality utility token.
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 09:16:04 PM

I think most people still use the viable utility tokens. The only dead ones are those that have no usable product to support their ecosystem. Some were created mainly to just be traded without a real product.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:43:58 PM

Most utility tokens of ICO projects are dying because the team failed to structure their token economics properly. Another reason why some utility tokens are also dying is because the project have not fully developed to establish an ecosystem where which would ensure that there is a demand for the token to stabliize its value when listed on exchanges.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Nezerlan

Activity: 214
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:46:52 PM

These utilities tokens were hastily conceptualized by most project owners who are mainly after profits rather than the viability of the tokens being a pivotal asset for use on their projects.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:29:38 PM

The value of the utility tokens depends on their use case and how active the development team is.
I would not connect their success to the industry as we have positive examples from all of the industries.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 02:25:11 AM

Utility tokens are useful for the purposes mentioned herein including gaming, finance, loyalty programs and more, but the main issues they face are a lack of adoption, usability, marketing, and liquidity, however, as the market matures there will be more uses for these types of tokens just make sure you only invest in projects that aren't likely to be classified as a security and have a sustainable ecosystem

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 05:36:00 AM

These tokens need to meet expected demand, and existing industries aren't willing to change unless you are diving in deep their problems with substantial solutions, take example gambling industry MIGHT need a core chain that connect multiple platform and sustain through a blockchain, but for big players they aren't any tangible benefits, and investors always look on the big picture like yo MIOTA is getting partnership with a car company let's go bull. It make perfect sense in future which lots of coins die as those with smart businesses model could sustain

bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 06:10:51 AM

Of course these tokens are already dead. 90% of such tokens were created only to raise money for ICO. Really working projects negligible amount. And besides, even working projects are not particularly popular. Interest and passion for tokens was a temporary phenomenon. Now the time of tokens is gone.

Are you nuts? Time of token gone? So whats trend now coin? Youre a hunter and knows that tokens arent suitable for such investment but still participating on such bounty. We know for a fact that utility is created to be used on business platform, so if those platform is not using their token as incentive for such feature then its totally useless. But many of it are well known such as enjin, ins ecosystem, pundiX. So I dont believe tokens are worthless.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: