Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to generate receiving address in eclair lightning wallet?  (Read 142 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 01:44:24 PM

I would like to ask if someone knows how to use eclair lightning wallet I only have receiving address which is on-chain but when clicking the lightning it shows no address but it shows "Please open a Lightning channel to receive payments over lightning" when I go to channels it shows no channels now I tried to click the random node but it looks no channel is generated.

Sorry to ask it this is my first time to use a very confused wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 04:24:44 PM

Eclair Lightning Network wallet does not allow you to control on-chain funds directly from the app. I am quite sure you had to configure it so that it could connect to your Bitcoin Core instance. Use the receiving address generated by your Bitcoin Core wallet.
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:52:07 AM

I would like to ask if someone knows how to use eclair lightning wallet I only have receiving address which is on-chain but when clicking the lightning it shows no address but it shows "Please open a Lightning channel to receive payments over lightning" when I go to channels it shows no channels now I tried to click the random node but it looks no channel is generated.

Sorry to ask it this is my first time to use a very confused wallet.
You have to deposit BTC to open a channel. go to open a ln channel after youve deposited some btc (like 0.003 if i remember right)  after youve opened a channel you should be able to generate invoices you can close the channel and get your BTC back (720 blocks or so).

eclair is cool and non but a more entry level wallet would be bitlum.io's wallet/browser extension.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██