Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convert Google Play card  (Read 153 times)
daneal stev (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 135

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 02:08:59 PM

Can I transfer my Google Play credit card to Bitcoin please help
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 02:22:13 PM

Yes you can. Most exchanges won't accept Giftcards, but P2P sellers do. (Although you're bound to pay some fees.)

Paxful for example has tons of of buyers for Google Play giftcards. https://paxful.com/buy-bitcoin/google-play-gift-card#content

(Note that you might need to prove you have a physical card!)

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 02:24:49 PM

Why don't you try redeeming it for cash and then buy out bitcoin? For now bitcoin is not yet acknowledge by google as a form or options for payment. So, the best way to convert that to bitcoin is to redeem it first then buy out bitcoins through exchange. Most exchanges are accepting fiat money to for you to buy bitcoin.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:52:00 PM

OP, you have two options. Either go with an exchanger on forum with the currrency exchange section, or go with a P2P exchange and find a reputable seller. The rates you'll find significantly higher than spot for any type of gift card, because how illiquid they are, but you just have to live with that.

Either way though, make sure that you are protected via escrow every step of the way, and don't close the escrow until the buyer releases the coins.

Why don't you try redeeming it for cash and then buy out bitcoin? For now bitcoin is not yet acknowledge by google as a form or options for payment. So, the best way to convert that to bitcoin is to redeem it first then buy out bitcoins through exchange. Most exchanges are accepting fiat money to for you to buy bitcoin.

Google play cards can't be redeemed for cash. That's the reason why there is such a huge spread on p2p platforms for these things.
reallester

Activity: 646
Merit: 102

http://Moonbet.io

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 11:17:41 PM

yes you can
use third party for that, you can swap on https://www.bitrefill.com

TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7048

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 11:32:32 PM

yes you can
use third party for that, you can swap on https://www.bitrefill.com
OP wants to convert his Google Play card to Bitcoin and not the opposite. In other words, he is trying to sell his card for BTC.

Bitrefill sells Google Play cards; they don't buy it.

OP: GPlay card -> Bitcoin.
Bitefill: Bitcoin -> GPlay card.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 12:17:49 AM

I've sold a few hundred dollars of Google Play gift cards on Paxful with no issue, and most of the higher rate buyers don't ask for proof of a physical card either. Adolfin already listed the link to the section of Paxful where you can sell your card, but you can also click here for it.

You could also try using LocalBitcoins and making a search query for Google Play gift cards there, but I find there's more buyers for gift cards on Paxful than LBC most of the time.

The Digital Goods section of this forum (click for link) isn't too shabby for selling gift cards either, though you should use escrow for sales there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: