Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JUST 1 TIP ON HOW TO AVOID STUPID PROJECTS JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY  (Read 427 times)
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:28:13 AM

the problem is how do we know projects that turn out to be like this ? so many empty promises that are not fulfilled. the fact is that we all know its not an easy task, but projects owners should stop promising what they cant do which they only use to lure investors to invest in their project. these days its more reduced as only serious projects gets investors to invest based on their credibility and working product not just on hype as before.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:28:31 AM

i think people have to only realize that whenever they are investing in a project like this (for example the ICOs) they are not investing their money, instead they are gambling with their money by making a bet on whether or not this token is going to be pumped or not.
if you accept that, then things can become a lot easier for them to make decisions and protect their money better.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:40:54 AM

Stop investing  (investors) or promoting (bounty hunters)  projects requesting ridiculous amount of money just to build some silly application... it's just outrageous 90% of these kind of projects later Play an exit scam on investors

I think yes, right now that's how it is
most ico only collect funds from investors and then go somewhere without caring about the development of the altcoin they have developed.
this is the risk of this industry without any regulation that can be a legal umbrella for investors and prevention of ico scam

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:52:08 AM

how about stop investing in anything that is asking for money BEFORE they even release anything. that covers all of these silly scam ICOs and IEOs and all the similar ones that exist or will exist in the future!!!

the thing is, in this market since it is unregulated you can't trust anybody to deliver anything. you should instead ask for deliverance of some "product" and then invest in that "product".
but as long as you are doing it in the opposite direction, when they receive their funds they no longer have any incentive to do any work anymore because they know there is no more money in it for them.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:38:34 AM

Unfortunately for us, the scammers will start to make more reliable looking projects. I like that there was IEO, now the exchange itself should check the projects.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:45:32 PM

Stop investing  (investors) or promoting (bounty hunters)  projects requesting ridiculous amount of money just to build some silly application... it's just outrageous 90% of these kind of projects later Play an exit scam on investors

Imagine requesting 50 million usd to just build a chrome extention for add block ... this was the case for online.io and now the whole token market capital is just 5 million usd on cmc with a 24hours volume of 5000 USD... THIS KIND OF PROJECTS ARE BAD NEWS

There are even ICO that launches an exchange but can launch one lower for 1 million but they want 20 million, investors are wiser now, they will invest in a project that is already in the market, or they are shifting to IEO which is more safer than ICO.
Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:00:40 PM

Please stop investing if it is doubtful, but many also make it through investment only they don't tell about their success, and choosing a good investment is clearly very difficult so we also need strong references if we want to do it.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:02:49 PM

There are some ridiculous projects asking for over $1 million just to build a forum site with crypto tokens integrated in it. Probably the worst chat site ever created, even more so than the free ones you can sign up to!

Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 02:34:02 PM

I think it is completely rubbish for a team to jump out of the blue, request millions of dollars from investors just for the purpose of building an app. Even some of the most sophisticated apps in the world were developed with just few dollars. Moreover, the team should raise their personal capital to finance the project.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:44:54 PM

Yes I agree. Most of them are just like that today. Building another browser for the cryptocurrency is not necessary for me. Raising a huge amount of money in that project is not reasonable. We should just make sure before investing that it is important for the project that they have product and roadmap or plans that is possible.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:49:12 PM

I agree, mostly of ICOs require a lot of money that they really do not need. They should be thankful for every contribution and make everything to satisfy their investors because this is really important mainly in bear market where investors are too picky.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:59:22 PM

At a point I started questioning the rationale behind ICOs. What exactly do they need the millions they're asking for to build? It's really outrageous how most of the ICOs where just a means for the promoters to get rich leaving token holders with worthless tokens.
Wale777

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:35:14 PM

Stupid project are many out there and its up to everyone to safe his/herself from fake projects, most of these devs are desperate to make fast money which is why they set their hardcap as high as 60million dollars just to develop product which is all lies. Always do yourself favor by researching and investigating team of projects
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:58:38 PM

While they want huge funds for there fake projects they promise to pay bounter hunters millions of token allocations ,I don't get fooled by such projects anymore ,I expect many bounty hunters to have wisen up

MMA Rats

Activity: 509
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 08:01:25 PM

I would advise you to read the documentation every time you want to invest in something.  As for me, this is the right way to define a fake and a good project.  No need to be lazy.

Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 08:34:00 PM

In my opinion, bounty hunters never forced anyone to invest in such projects.. The choice still falls on investors to decide which project is worth their funding. Although I sympathize with investors, the failure ratio amongst ICOs is alarming and warrants more scrupulous investigations and research before making investments.

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 08:43:25 PM

I even think that the amount seen in signboard is inflated. Because, if you pay attention to the projects that have reached the softcap, just bounty hunters inquire anything in public group, afterwards admins sneak out slowly.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:16:02 PM

This is impossible because many people are stupid and they don't want to think. They are promised a lot of money and they thoughtlessly invest in the project, hoping to become rich.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 10:26:19 PM

There is nothing wrong if a project decides to raise funds from the community either for further development or an app that is probably essential to the project sustenance.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:33:03 PM

because of an incident like this I decided to stop investing and promote projects that don't make sense, but unfortunately out there there are still many stupid and greedy people who invest before doing a lot of research

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: