Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 Major Reasons Why Decentralized Projects Fail  (Read 216 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:06:31 PM

Many decentralized projects tend to fail a few years after their inception for a multitude of reasons. Those who want to participate in the decentralized economy should find the right project or join a trusted team involved in the decentralized field. This will save you time and prevent you from being stressed in the short and long terms.

So far the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector is around ten years old, but it has registered a massive growth in the past three consecutive years. Very many projects, companies and businesses related to this nascent technology actually registered a record growth in 2018 compared to other years.

Here are major reasons for the failure of most decentralized projects: http://bit.ly/2IYmoYD

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:24:03 PM

I think mostly the reasons for failure are the basic things like not enough research from team before launching, not enough use cases, no acceptance for community, weak or no marketing, new or inexperienced team and last but not the least luck also counts big time in all new projects and ventures.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:30:19 PM

Hmm, this 6 major reasons are applicable for nearly every business. not just only to decentralized projects. i don't see any special link to decentralized projects. most of the "big" companies nowadays are decentralized in a way. so at the end of the day if decentralized or not, the basics has to harmonize.
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:36:57 PM

I think mostly the reasons for failure are the basic things like not enough research from team before launching, not enough use cases, no acceptance for community, weak or no marketing, new or inexperienced team and last but not the least luck also counts big time in all new projects and ventures.

Everybody need to earn money, we need to live from something. Many projects probably didn't event start to think about future funding and don't know how to manage funds to build project for a few years and than start to get profits from it.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 09:18:19 PM

I think also decentralized projects fails because most of people don't join that projects, and without a community any project will fail, because their are not traders, investors and not even so much holders.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:24:03 PM

Yes because decentralization is not always better than centralization. Like for example in security.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 09:27:11 PM

one of the reasons:
Asshats like you try to monetize everything in this space, even your fucking links :/
you only post articles to get people to click that link and pay you/steal fingerprints

piss off ya cuck

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:28:56 PM

I feel the word Decentralization has been so abuse in Crypto space, most of these so called Decentralized projects are not, when a team sit on 50% of the tokens and dumped on the market. For me the reason most of these projects fail is that they fail to realise the most important thing in business, PROFIT. If the project fail to make money it will certainly die but most of these projects have no idea how to make money in the first case

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:33:35 PM

Investors should also be skeptical of new projects claiming they are decentralized, when more accurately they are running a centralized project on top of a decentralized one. If the token absolutely needs the core team to have any value after say a couple of years, there's a good chance the claim to being decentralized is bogus. This includes ICOs in particular.
Boombull

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:01:33 PM

To me the major reason why decentralized exchange fail is because they can't interoperate multiple chains which makes most of them to be one chain focused exchange thereby affecting the level of liquidity in such platforms.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:35:12 PM

I believe that decentralized applications will become popular. I think that in the future decentralized applications will become much more used and useful. I think that this will take several years.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:40:10 PM

one of the reasons:
Asshats like you try to monetize everything in this space, even your fucking links :/
you only post articles to get people to click that link and pay you/steal fingerprints

piss off ya cuck

LOL

Check the link and there's some sort of referral link that looks like this -

https://coinidol.com/decentralized-projects-fail/#utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=referral

Is he gaining some sort of monetary value from this?
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:43:55 PM

The main reason for many projects fail is that they have no real use case. There should be a demand for a product for the project to be successful.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 11:45:53 PM

Trust is the main reason why project's fail. Usually investors are careful in their money and does not just invest in a project without further research to it. Aside from that the team handling the projects are too greedy. Honestly speaking once project working good but no token or coin liquidity increase is questional. Where does the proceeds go when they boast about the workability of the project?
HBBZ

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:00:39 PM

Decentralized projects fail because they are decentralized, lol. I think that there is no place for decentralized projects in cryptocurrency.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:12:17 PM

I believe that there is only one reason a lot of decentralized project fails and that reason is failure to build a user friendly platform where users don't need any guidelines in order to make use of the platform.

Most decentralized project is just focused on building something new into the crypto space for users but don't consider if those users really understand how the platform works which is a very big issue in the internet space as a whole because people don't care about what you offer but how they can make use of it.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 06:13:58 PM

Many decentralized projects tend to fail a few years after their inception for a multitude of reasons. Those who want to participate in the decentralized economy should find the right project or join a trusted team involved in the decentralized field. This will save you time and prevent you from being stressed in the short and long terms.

So far the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector is around ten years old, but it has registered a massive growth in the past three consecutive years. Very many projects, companies and businesses related to this nascent technology actually registered a record growth in 2018 compared to other years.

Here are major reasons for the failure of most decentralized projects: http://bit.ly/2IYmoYD

These obvious reasons are actual for the new businesses and startups too. New crypto startups have no direct connection with the regular way of business models and the differences can be found between two.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:21:16 PM

one of the reasons:

piss off ya cuck

LOL

Check the link and there's some sort of referral link that looks like this -

https://coinidol.com/decentralized-projects-fail/#utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=referral

Is he gaining some sort of monetary value from this?

Cheesy

This is why I hesitate everytime thread starters just post shortened links. I would have appreciated if the OP just enumerated the reasons (without the explanations) so we could atleast have an idea before visiting the link.

Anyway, I think it boils down to this: Lack of users because many are not friendly to use.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:34:55 PM

Failure to attract investors and to promote the project is also one of the reasons why projects are failing. It's best to set a firm plan upon building a project. The way of managing it and handling investors has a big factor because it's an asset that could make the foundation of decentralized projects stronger.
No project wants to fail but there are just circumstances that are hard to handle and to deal with.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:39:06 PM

I feel the word Decentralization has been so abuse in Crypto space, most of these so called Decentralized projects are not, when a team sit on 50% of the tokens and dumped on the market. For me the reason most of these projects fail is that they fail to realise the most important thing in business, PROFIT. If the project fail to make money it will certainly die but most of these projects have no idea how to make money in the first case
I would look at it from the other side. No one worries about decentralization. Many people want to make a profit here and now. Developers create an acceptable legend for ICO, crypto investors expect Xs as soon as possible.
All this is not what the cryptoindustry was created for.

So, there is one main reason: greed. The rest do not matter.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: