Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Steps to Obtain Private Key in MEW V5  (Read 485 times)
skarais (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 11:46:35 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 12:06:02 PM by skarais
Merited by dbshck (8), Symmetrick (3), DdmrDdmr (2), TimeTeller (1), Davian144 (1), bitmover (1), Husna QA (1), 1miau (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1), Crypto Girl (1)

Background
In connection with the MyEtherWallet upgrade to the latest version 5 some time ago from the old vintage version, then on this occasion I think there are some new members who have difficulty getting the private key when creating their new wallet. There are two ways to get a Private Key that is currently available to anyone who wants to register a new wallet address on MEW, i.e. through MEW Vintage & MEW V5.

Posting Purpose
On this occasion I will give a little tutorial to the members who find it difficult or don't even know how to get the private key on the MEW V5 at this time.
This post aims to give a little direction in the form of a tutorial for anyone with the hope that it is useful for those of you who find it difficult or still not understood.
Note: Please provide input and direction from seniors so that this post is better.

MYETHERWALLET (MEW)
A. About MEW
MyEtherWallet (our friend called us MEW) is a free client side interface that helps you interact with the blockchain Ethereum. Our easy-to-use open-source platform allows you to generate wallets, interact with smart contracts, and more. MyEtherWallet

The steps are as follows:
1. Searching on google MyEtherWallet
Make sure the link you entered is not a safe and certified phishing link. Please mark the link for easier recommendations.
2. Create a New Wallet

3. Choose one of the 3 options listed.
    - MEW Connect (*recommendation)
    - With Keystore Files
    - With Mnemonic Phrases
From the 3 options above, I will use the second option to get the Private Key with the Keystore File.

4. Enter a password that you think is safe and strong at least 9 characters but easy to remember.
5. Click the next icon to download the Keystore file
6. Click the Download Keystore File icon. Previously you must read the instructions sent first to maintain the wallet and file security.

7. After successfully downloading, click the Access Wallet icon.
8. There are 3 ways to access your wallet as below:
- MEW Connect
- Hardware (Hardware wallet)
- Metamask
- Software
Regarding how to create a new wallet using the option with the Keystore File that have downloaded, will use a way to access the wallet through software

9. Click on the software section, then select the Keystore file to access the wallet and press on the icon to continue.

10. Search for UTC files - which downloaded earlier in the download folder,
11. After finding the file then immediately click and enter the appropriate password when creating a wallet and press the Advanced icon.

12. After successfully entering your wallet, you will see the following display.

13. To get a Private Key, you must go through one more step by printing your wallet address on the print icon in the middle below the wallet address.
14. In the preview document before printing, there you will get the private key as usual, can be copied or printed.

15. If possible, print on a piece of paper to store in a safe place.
16. When it's finished, then please exit your MEW account on the upper right side icon.

GOOD LUCK
Closing Post
Only this can I give as an example and directives might be useful for all. I hope for suggestions and input to be able to add insight and improve quality in the future. thanks.
Reference image from MyEtherWallet

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:58:46 AM

Whether it would be possible to create offline transaction with new MEW? I've searched for that option   everywhere, but haven't found it, so I have to use the old vintage version.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 12:46:52 PM

1. Searching on google MyEtherWallet
Make sure the link you entered is not a safe and certified phishing link. Please mark the link for easier recommendations.
I guess you mean "Make sure the link you entered is safe and NOT a certified phishing link", (or did I just misunderstand it?)

Whether it would be possible to create offline transaction with new MEW? I've searched for that option   everywhere, but haven't found it, so I have to use the old vintage version.

Yes it is possible. You should watch this short tutorial (officially made by MEW Team) ↓

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:00:24 AM

I'll try this later. I just made a wallet and didn't realize I don't have any private key while I'm having a hard time to use the mewconnect since I often out and I just have phone.

Will edit this if I got my private keys using this method.

Thanks for the heads up, +1 merit for you.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:41:28 AM

snip
Yes it is possible. You should watch this short tutorial (officially made by MEW Team) ↓
snip

I've taken a cursory look at that video, at first glance, the procedure  seems blatantly  daunting in comparison with the previous MEW,  but thank you, perhaps I can get through to it in some way.
1miau
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 6739

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 09:22:28 PM

Thanks for the guide, I'm always using the offline version of MEW so I didn't go through the new process yet (haven't used the new version). I hope it will be possible to obtain the private key without going online if I use the offline version. Makes no sense to create if offline if I have to go online to obtain my private key.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It always sucks if a redesign removes important functions, especially for security.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████