Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tether scandal !!  (Read 171 times)
john139 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:44:11 PM

Hi everyone ,  u may know the news  but I'm sharing it again here

"On Apr. 25, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James alleged iFinex, the company behind Bitfinex and Tether, of misusing $900 million of Tether’s cash reserves to hide an $850 million loss. Immediately thereafter, the bitcoin price plunged by seven percent against the U.S. dollar.

On Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, the bitcoin-to-tether (USDT) pair dropped from around $5,500 to $5,102 at the day’s lowest point, recording a 7.2 percent drop.

Bitcoin has since recovered to $5,233 and is en route to close the day with a 5 percent decline."

https://cryptoslate.com/tether-bombshell-leads-to-5-wipeout-of-bitcoin-can-the-market-recover/

most people see tether as a currency which is  backed by $ so when they change btc ( or any other crypto ) to tether they are pretty  sure whenever they want they  can get real dollars instead of tether in their bank account , now if amount of dollar is not same as the token amount so there is risk of not being able to change crypto to dollar is it the main reason that crypto value has decreased the market ?
Is this idea true? if no , please clarify me why btc price has decreased?

2) what do u think about future of tether ?
3) how much dependence on Tether will decrease?

I'm new to the crypto and this market  ,maybe my ideas are really simple or wrong , so i would be happy if u help  Lips sealed Smiley
thanks in advance
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:35:41 PM

First I just want to tell you that you could write a little more organized and clear. It's actually hard to read post.

most people see tether as a currency which is  backed by $
But it's not entirely true.
"100% Backed
Every tether is always 100% backed by our reserves, which include traditional currency and cash equivalents and, from time to time, may include other assets and receivables from loans made by Tether to third parties, which may include affiliated entities (collectively, “reserves”). Every tether is also 1-to-1 pegged to the dollar, so 1 USD₮ is always valued by Tether at 1 USD."

they are pretty  sure whenever they want they  can get real dollars instead of tether in their bank account
I am wondering if this is possible. Tether company itself doesn't provide this possibility.  

I can't understand this from the economic perspective. But I believe it's mostly fear and confusion on market.

I think it's not bright. It's a bad system on top of a bad system (USD). And it's price will not/ should not go over 1$ so why would you risk it. But don't listen to a random guy on internet. Smiley

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
john139 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 07:16:34 PM

First I just want to tell you that you could write a little more organized and clear. It's actually hard to read post.

most people see tether as a currency which is  backed by $
"100% Backed
Every tether is always 100% backed by our reserves, which include traditional currency and cash equivalents and, from time to time, may include other assets and receivables from loans made by Tether to third parties, which may include affiliated entities (collectively, “reserves”). Every tether is also 1-to-1 pegged to the dollar, so 1 USD₮ is always valued by Tether at 1 USD."

they are pretty  sure whenever they want they  can get real dollars instead of tether in their bank account
I am wondering if this is possible. Tether company itself doesn't provide this possibility. 

I can't understand this from the economic perspective. But I believe it's mostly fear and confusion on market.

I think it's not bright. It's a bad system on top of a bad system (USD). And it's price will not/ should not go over 1$ so why would you risk it. But don't listen to a random guy on internet. Smiley

thanks for the info  Wink Wink
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 08:03:32 PM

I think it was just the market's reaction to the fraud like news and since it was negative news crypto wise, a sell off is usually guaranteed by some panicky traders thats why there was a slight deep in price in most crypto assets.

But long term wise, you shouldn't be worried at all, Bitcoin has been at much worse prices than $5300.
As for tether, it's dominance had been reducing over a given period due to too much scandals. It's only a matter of time before it loses its top spot as the most dominant stablecoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:16:57 PM

Tether is a centralized stable coin and it was not fully audited and it always raises some trust issues.
This is not the first time Tether faces trust concerns. I prefer decentralized solutions for stable coins like DAI

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 11:24:36 PM

This kind of problems can really affect bitcoin price and not only, and i think we should have somehow someone who check if really this stable coins have any real backup of real money, because if they not have this can be a big problem.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:51:07 AM

most people see tether as a currency which is  backed by $
"100% Backed

they are pretty  sure whenever they want they  can get real dollars instead of tether in their bank account

thanks for the info  Wink Wink

Through all the quoted text and phrase that you've just quoted, I think it is not necessary to say only a four comment about appreciation of this post, maybe you could try to share what is your stand about it, considering the topic as well, in order to make this community even informative further.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:46:48 AM

please clarify me why btc price has decreased?

bitcoin has a 10 year history and if you check its charts you can see that this type of "rollercoaster" ride where price shoots up to the moon (a bubble) then drops down (the bubble burst) has been happening from the very first days when bitcoin was listed on the very first exchange platform.

so to answer your question, the reason is the same as when it decreased after reaching $0.1 and it is the same as when it decreased after reaching $1, ... after $2... after $10.... after $100, ... after $200... after $1200, after $20,000 and in the future the same reason why it is going to decrease after reaching $100,000, and so on.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:20:19 AM

Another tether fud. I really get sick of it. And bitfinex doing shady things as always.

There are now lots of other stable coins, just use it and let tether die slowly.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:34:04 AM

Teter is always involved in some gossip and scandal.  But this is normal, competitors do not allow to sleep well Smiley
If you fear for Tether, go to another stablecoin (good, there are a lot of them now).
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:37:11 PM

Teter is always involved in some gossip and scandal.  But this is normal, competitors do not allow to sleep well Smiley
If you fear for Tether, go to another stablecoin (good, there are a lot of them now).
I would also like to note the fact that since the fall of the cryptocurrency market in 2018, it was USDT that has helped many users of cryptocurrency to maintain their capital at a decent level.  Many sold cryptocurrency when prices fell and transferred their funds and funds to the USDT.  But nevertheless, Even despite the negative News, This project keeps afloat with dignity.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:54:42 PM

Well untill now bitfinex has rejected the claims and accusations against its exchange and the use of usdt funds i hope they will be able.to prove it as well so that crypto markets should continue its recovery because if proven guilty this can prove to be a set back for market as well.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
matveyeff

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

Trade at Sparrow|Leading Options Trading Platform

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:57:28 PM

This is probably the tenth scandal in my memory associated with Tether and never did anything happen to it. Let's see what Bitfinex will say.

━━━       SPARROW       ━━━    
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Leading Options Trading Platform | Take Control, Trade Confidently. ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
●  ANN Thread  ●  Bounty  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Telegram  ●  Medium  ● 
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:21:33 PM

I think that in this situation there is nothing surprising. Many people have been talking about this for a long time. The Birfinex and the Tether company are very suspicious and cannot be trusted.
Necroface

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 09:14:18 PM

yeah since the beginning there are so many problems about tether, everybody thinks it is a good cheating way to steal our money. we will see in the future if we are right or just the gossips of enemies. anyway you may use some other stable ones, for now.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                      
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:18:13 AM

Another FUD about Tether, someone wants to buy cheap crypto. There was plenty of bad news about USDT and it is still works and number one stable coin. Fortunately, for now, we have several stable coins if someone feared such FUD.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:24:11 AM

It's just FUD. More FUD means that the bull market might or have already entered.
Let's see what May 1 brings as there could be another pump like April 1 or not.  Grin
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:28:33 AM

Well, since it's nothing but dollar in decentralized world, I think we don't really need because it will ruin cryptocurrency market just like the last FUD (the one you mentioned above). Govt will somewhat use tether to control people, and get their own advantages from making FUD or scandal about it. So, in the future, I hope that we don't use tether anymore to prevent this control.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:56:05 AM

Hi everyone ,  u may know the news  but I'm sharing it again here

"On Apr. 25, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James alleged iFinex, the company behind Bitfinex and Tether, of misusing $900 million of Tether’s cash reserves to hide an $850 million loss. Immediately thereafter, the bitcoin price plunged by seven percent against the U.S. dollar.

On Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, the bitcoin-to-tether (USDT) pair dropped from around $5,500 to $5,102 at the day’s lowest point, recording a 7.2 percent drop.

Bitcoin has since recovered to $5,233 and is en route to close the day with a 5 percent decline."

https://cryptoslate.com/tether-bombshell-leads-to-5-wipeout-of-bitcoin-can-the-market-recover/

most people see tether as a currency which is  backed by $ so when they change btc ( or any other crypto ) to tether they are pretty  sure whenever they want they  can get real dollars instead of tether in their bank account , now if amount of dollar is not same as the token amount so there is risk of not being able to change crypto to dollar is it the main reason that crypto value has decreased the market ?

3) how much dependence on Tether will decrease?

I'm new to the crypto and this market  ,maybe my ideas are really simple or wrong , so i would be happy if u help  Lips sealed Smiley
thanks in advance
This tether scandal is so alarming and something have to be done about it immediately to avoid our market crashing instead of us experiencing a bull run in price which we have all been expecting for a while now, I for once knew that tether has something shady going on with them but I really didn't care because they are a stable coin and I use it for purchase of goods and services instead of making use of fiat, but now things are being revealed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: