Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All altcoins without proof of work will be destroyed  (Read 321 times)
alevlaslo (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:16:11 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2019, 07:27:40 AM by alevlaslo

the world is ruled by energy sellers, coins threatening coins with proof of work will be destroyed like this car https://youtu.be/Jivb7lupDNU

The higher the hashrate (kilowatt to be exact) - the better the coin, the technology does not matter

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 09:19:27 AM

Well i don't think will happen, and i think there are some coins now on market with PoS and masternode and can have some value over time, but regarding the price i think the PoW will have higher price than PoS coins.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:34:22 AM

that is just nonsense. nearly as nonsense as those who say proof of work is the worst thing and a waste of energy. you are both going too far with your statements.

the fact is that so far proof of work is the best algorithm with least amount of negative sides compared to other algorithms that have been designed but it is not the best thing that we can have. we still need to work on coming up with a better solution.
in any case one thing is certain, other coins with no PoW are not going to be "destroyed"!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:51:36 AM

This is not possible at all,POW coins are good no doubt and there are here to stay ,when difficulty gets higher newer tech will be made to make the difficulty rate running with ease but POS coins are just better because the don't require lots of energy to run which is my they will always be my favourite,the truth is its a matter of choice

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:48:36 AM

I honestly think that there will be more viable consensus mechanisms other than POW that will be developed in the near future which is more effective and efficient. Even today's contemporary alt coins are shifting from POW to other hybrid algorithms with could even make the network more secure and with that, I don't think those coins without POW mechanism will be destroyed any time soon. Smiley 
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:57:15 AM

actually technology is the only thing that matters! and using PoW or even having high hashrate doesn't matter at all. you can take a look at hundreds of shitcoins that are both using the PoW algorithm and have a high hashrate but they are still shitcoins and completely useless on the way to altcoin graveyard!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:59:07 AM

cars and house heating can work on water instead of fuel, but this technology is not allowed, so that large corporations do not go bankrupt. Therefore, technology has no value , it even unprofitable

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:13:12 PM

the world is ruled by energy sellers, coins threatening coins with proof of work will be destroyed like this car https://youtu.be/Jivb7lupDNU

The higher the hashrate (kilowatt to be exact) - the better the coin, the technology does not matter
I dont think so, It's different thing. There are two options when the whole POW coin supply already mined. The first option is using Proof of Stake to validate the transactions. The second option is still using POW but the miner won't get coin from the block but from the fee of transactions. Then, coins without POW should not just die like that but it depends on the developer which method to use. Just like the car you mentioned, people just love other cars that's why that car is not really popular. Simple think.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:47:56 PM

So the Proof of Stake big coin like DASH will be destroyed in the future ?
What are your opinion based on ? All coins without Proof of Work doesn't mean they have no place in the crypto sphere.
I don't think that gonna be happening, and more coins without proof of work will be created.

matej451

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:49:58 PM

POS and masternode are the most attractive alternative. Targeting to get a masternode is the goal for every investor into one attractive coin.
JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:54:58 PM

I don't think it would be easily destroyed since there is no way to destroy a coin even the developer cannot do it! The blockchain for every coin will just run 24/7 nonstop!
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:57:26 PM

Not really, proof of work consensus are not really for scalability thats why many chains are switching to Proof of Stake for scalabiity just like what Ethereum did. And its not true that projects that are not Proof of Work mechanism will be destroyed. There are so many alternatives in the market and as the years passes by there will be new consensus to be created.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:02:28 PM

I'm still not sure if proof of stake is a sustainable system, I do believe proof of work does a much better job of setting a floor value for a coin.  Also proof of stake is more centralized since it just rewards the rich holders.
Yemolou

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:20:11 PM

I do not believe that all POW coins are going to be destroyed. It does not make sense at all for me, besides among top 100 crypto currencies on CMC there are too much POW coins to be eliminated from the market.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 04:25:46 PM

I think in completely the other way round, i think proof of work model is not sustainable due to its massive global energy consumption and large carbon output which is a threat to global environment and ecosystem that is why technology will automatically shift away from pow and already several govts around the world are banning mining and discouraging this model.

alevlaslo (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:10:37 PM

cars are much more pollute the air, but still gasoline is not changed to water!

I dont think so, It's different thing. There are two options when the whole POW coin supply already mined. The first option is using Proof of Stake to validate the transactions. The second option is still using POW but the miner won't get coin from the block but from the fee of transactions. Then, coins without POW should not just die like that but it depends on the developer which method to use. Just like the car you mentioned, people just love other cars that's why that car is not really popular. Simple think.

water instead of gasoline is the dream of any motorist!

Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:07:25 PM

Both algorithm and proof of work to ascertain level of hashrate isn't enough, leave all the shitcoins and the valuable coins to keep going, in the short or long run we will know who's is who and the fake coins will be sieved and the good ones will remain, the technology is not enough, Crypto itself will evolve and few digital currency will stand out like dollars and yuan are among the reserve currency because of its value
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:11:59 PM

Technology always matters! There are several PoW coins doing well in the market irrespective of hash rate and in future, with room for crypto evolution and improvement, PoW coins can be better

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:24:22 PM

Well, in as much as am not really a fan of POS, but one thing we should know is that this is the crypto space and the crypto space is a free market where everyone have the right to create anything they want as long as they see it as an upgrade, so I don't think POS is going to die but It would be upgraded because I can see that it still has a lot of faults that needs to be solved before it can be pushed out to the world fully for mass adoption.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:45:43 PM

it is interesting, but if it could be fair almost? I think that need to create a few regulative structures to check the projects
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: