Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanges and trades should not mix  (Read 124 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:45:56 AM

I've been thinking that for years, and the Bitfinex affair just shows I was right.

I'm a trader, trading cryptocurrencies with other cryptocurrencies, and sometimes, I'm also using exchanges, to convert cryptocurrencies to fiat currencies. I want to use trading services which do not offer exchange services, and I want to use exchange services which do make trades between cryptocurrencies.

And I don't want any stablecoins. Bitfinex was a great service, it's that Tether thing which may sink them.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2xHR

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 12:14:51 PM

Do you think finex is dead? They've the best trading platform Sad
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:43:09 PM

I've been thinking that for years, and the Bitfinex affair just shows I was right.

I'm a trader, trading cryptocurrencies with other cryptocurrencies, and sometimes, I'm also using exchanges, to convert cryptocurrencies to fiat currencies. I want to use trading services which do not offer exchange services, and I want to use exchange services which do make trades between cryptocurrencies.

And I don't want any stablecoins. Bitfinex was a great service, it's that Tether thing which may sink them.

So, you're saying altcoin exchanges shouldn't interface with fiat? And fiat exchanges shouldn't offer altcoin markets? That's a tough sell when the business model of these services = trading commissions. More market listings and trading options means more profit.

I do feel more comfortable using services like Binance and BitMEX because they don't touch fiat currencies. I lost some money when BTC-e got taken down a couple years ago and things have never felt the same since.

Bitfinex has felt like a sitting duck to me for a long time. It's not necessarily Tether -- although Tether made their effect on the market much more expansive -- but the problem of trying to remain unregulated and shrouded in secrecy, hiding their accounts behind shell companies and possibly skirting their AML obligations. This was bound to end with getting money frozen by regulators.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 07:39:45 PM

It seems he's confused about exchanges and trading they are not mixing because both of them are the same unless if you are talking about not mixing fiat exchanges with other crypto? Am I right?

Coinbase is one of the exchanges where you can do both exchange into fiat and trading with crypto to crypto. So I guess this is what you talking about? Most of the trading sites don't offer fiat currency exchange but most of the trading sites are trading USDT(Tether) to crypto or viseversa.
Before they are not mix both exchanges and trading sites but since crypto is not illegal they implemented it to give complete solution to withdraw and buy in one place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 09:37:46 PM

It would just matter on one's preference yet there are platforms which doesnt touch stable coins or simply dont offer fiat conversions.If you dont like on that way there are lots of alternatives you can choose on
but i completely agree on being said above where these exchangers would extent out their service since they do really care with profits.The wider the better but though some of them do really differ.

countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:20:09 PM

I'm not confused at all. I know that today, on Bitfinex, you can sell your cryptos for cash and request a bank wire. Then all exchanges also offer the so called "stable coins". They have extended their business, but I think this was bad idea. I say it was much better, and safer for all, including the trading services, when you had to buy cryptos on another service, with trading services only offering cryptos to cryptos trading (and without any stable coins).

Look at the mess Bitfinex is in. It's all because of that Tether thing, and fiat conversion services. You could make a parallel with retail and investment banking. Exchanges are retail, and trading services are investments.

Trading commissions on cryptos alone shall make a decent income.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: