Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 12:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit your participation in IEO on exchanges that you trust  (Read 11718 times)
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 11:48:36 PM

I see a trend of Binance lanchpad, btt x10, fetch x6, celer x4 matic x2, it seems to me that the era IEO maybe coming to end, remember that the crypto is a high risk assets.
IEO won't end that easy. I think this is pretty good way for a tokensale. But, it has bad side especially for people that never do any research before investing (drowned by they hype of IEO). Therefore here the OP tried to warn us to be careful in what we do to avoid scam.
all will end if the scammers have started to exist in the IEO. when the popular ICO also thought a lot like you, but in the end no one believed anymore with ICO now. we only need to wait until that time arrives, I see now it has begun. many small exchanges started offering IEOs and surely there will be one or two scam projects from there. so be careful.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 11:53:53 PM

i believe everyone knows the risks involved in participating in an IEO and must therefore be careful of exchanges that they buy IEO tokens on.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Johnyjay

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 12:48:17 AM

Personally, i think everyone should stay off IEO's. I noticed that after everyone has bought the coin it pumps for a few days and then it slowly goes below Ico price  because everyone dumps the coin and jumps over to the next ieo. Everyone is looking to make quick bucks instead of looking into the use cases, solution and the development such coins are bringing to further enhance blockchain technology. I woild rather invest in self funded projects such as Veil, there is lesser possibility of pump and dumps happening because people who have invested in this project know that the team behind the project have invested time and asset and will definitely develop it to the highest possible points.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:41:46 AM

If 2017-2018 is ICO fever now you are right this is the year of IEO wherein people are going crazy to get into it. As of this writing, I will try to get in to FACTS which is an IEO at gate.io hopefully I can get in and there would be no anomaly on its sale. I've tried to get into binance launchpad twice with multiple accounts but nothing happens. Lets see until when this IEO fever will take us.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:17:28 AM

What's trending will be good as long as you start earlier, the time of IEO's are shining right now as binance launchpad make it more attractable from the eyes of investors, this particular investment way will be there and will continue to succeed when supporters and investors keep joining and try participating with each projects that will offer this system, it's unpredictable no assurance but for risky minded investors it will continue to proceed taking chances and
hope that things will delivered for them.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:37:07 AM

If you seriously desire to take part in IEO, which is a good move, either as a newbie and as an expert in trading and investment, limit yourself to exchanges that you trust, most especially those you have been using right from time or the top exchanges in the crypto space.
This is not an investment advise, but a warning to safeguard your assets.
Correct mate, IEO is on-trend right now and I see many of the investors are creating their own wallet just to join in this type of investment. You should just create an account in those exchanges that you know and also had a legitimate review and not those newly launched exchange that is intended to create IEO.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 01:53:12 PM

I see a trend of Binance lanchpad, btt x10, fetch x6, celer x4 matic x2, it seems to me that the era IEO maybe coming to end, remember that the crypto is a high risk assets.
IEO won't end that easy. I think this is pretty good way for a tokensale. But, it has bad side especially for people that never do any research before investing (drowned by they hype of IEO). Therefore here the OP tried to warn us to be careful in what we do to avoid scam.
all will end if the scammers have started to exist in the IEO. when the popular ICO also thought a lot like you, but in the end no one believed anymore with ICO now. we only need to wait until that time arrives, I see now it has begun. many small exchanges started offering IEOs and surely there will be one or two scam projects from there. so be careful.

I think the end is still a little way off, as long as IEOs can sell out in minutes,,, we can see lots of people will still rush to dump as much money as they can into all these. BTT and Fetch were big because they were on Binance, but I will see tomorrow's Ocean IEO on Bittrex, it will probably make at least x 2 as well. Then we will know if IEOs are over or not.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 02:21:23 PM

This has not do with generally being overtly security conscious of every financial engagements here. That is a why a thorough research is very pertinent, personally I have not bought into any IEO but I am taking my time to learn how it works and how to be safe within it

sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 02:35:56 PM

I like IEOs, as one of the new trends of ICOs, because a good exchange will not conduct deliberately fraudulent ICO (IEO). The best is still the Binance, because the exchange monitors its reputation, has repeatedly proved that it is reliable and deserves the trust of users, adheres to certain principles, ideals and views of crypto-enthusiasts and protects their interests.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:12:29 PM

you are facing two big problems without even knowing it. first is the fact that IEOs are just like ICOs and they are risky bets you are making which have a high chance of failure not to mention many of them are purely scams that are robbing you without you noticing until it is too late.
 the second one is that the exchanges are not trusted to begin with. right now the biggest ones that we have like Binance seem trusted but in reality they are not trusted at all. they are on the same path as their previous similar exchanges like Bittrex, Cryptsy, Bitconnect, MtGox,... and they all run away or get hacked eventually. and they all do shady stuff behind the curtains.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 03:21:32 PM

We are now in an era of IEO, where a lot of investors and traders are looking forward to participating in different IEOs in order to make their profit.

Just as much as we have seen a lot of them succeeded, does not mean it is a totally scam free means of token sale or marketing. Why because, there are some newly lunched exchanges, that have not spent so much time in the crypto space, yet are aspiring and already making moves to conduct IEO.

If you seriously desire to take part in IEO, which is a good move, either as a newbie and as an expert in trading and investment, limit yourself to exchanges that you trust, most especially those you have been using right from time or the top exchanges in the crypto space.
Agree newbies must be aware on this, and they must have enough guideline on what is IEO and what are the risk on the IEO if they are going to join them many newbies are just jumping and jumping if they heard a hype then they are going with the flow of it and did't know the risk for it, for the newbies out there you must have awareness on what kind of investment are you going thru.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:13:02 PM

I would rather be more direct and straightforward and suggets all to stick to top 3 to 5 exchanges for ieos as smaller and new exchanges can deceive you and also put you in trouble as their ieo handling capabilities are not known and we do not know people behind each exchange, at best i think only binance, bittrex, kucoin, huobi and okex are the ones that are recommended they have proven platforms with high volumes and liquidity.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:37:09 PM

Scammers always take advantage of trending innovations and use it to scam innocent people. The fact that the token sale is taking place on an exchange doesn't mean the project is a successful one. It can get dumped later if the foundations are weak.
dabenko (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:18:06 PM

I don’t agree with limiting participation; what matter is the project
Are they reliable and real ? Consists of good product?

Ieo went well on bw and dobitrade exchanges; so the exchange platform is merely an added advantage
I respect your opinion. It is because you have used and trust BW and Dobitrade , that now makes you to be able to participate in their IEO.
BW as established in 2017, so it's not a new exchange. They would have built their reputation over time. The same is applicable to Dobitrade, which was established in 2018.
Using them should not be criteria and should not make you to assume that all new exchanges perhaps those established in 2019 and even 2018 can be trusted.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:34:17 PM

There is nothing like trusted exchanges, form the way of things most of these exchanges if not all have dirty hand  though US exchanges are really trying. As for IEO is worse than ICO, most people need to understand this, with the opaque nature of the space because fro and to, what I read some of the tokens have been sold in Private sale with ridiculously cheap as compared to IEO

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 09:40:38 PM

you are facing two big problems without even knowing it. first is the fact that IEOs are just like ICOs and they are risky bets you are making which have a high chance of failure not to mention many of them are purely scams that are robbing you without you noticing until it is too late.
 the second one is that the exchanges are not trusted to begin with. right now the biggest ones that we have like Binance seem trusted but in reality they are not trusted at all. they are on the same path as their previous similar exchanges like Bittrex, Cryptsy, Bitconnect, MtGox,... and they all run away or get hacked eventually. and they all do shady stuff behind the curtains.
Both problems really exist and we must limit everything and don’t trust too much. Though it is being host by the top exchanges it doesn’t mean you can assure the profit. IEO are being sold out within a day, its hard to get in and manipulation with the exchanges are still possible. The hacking incidents with the exchanges are really alarming, this problem can’t be solve where top exchanges are also involve.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:46:16 PM

IEOs are a new trend nowadays and many projects and exchanges will try to use this for their own benefit. You are right, we have to stick to exchanges we were already using and trusting them.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:54:01 PM

Always do your own research, even if it's an IEO on a trusted exchange.
The team behind the project may still lose steam and close the project resulting to your loss of funds.
If you are "flipping" for the hype, be careful as well.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:58:15 AM

We are now in an era of IEO, where a lot of investors and traders are looking forward to participating in different IEOs in order to make their profit.

Just as much as we have seen a lot of them succeeded, does not mean it is a totally scam free means of token sale or marketing. Why because, there are some newly lunched exchanges, that have not spent so much time in the crypto space, yet are aspiring and already making moves to conduct IEO.

Yes, we should participating in IEO that launched by credible exchanges, considering there are many scams in crypto sphere.
New exchange should not holding IEO just because they want to rise their exchange public awareness.
First they need to build user's trust on their exchange, so many traders and investors using it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 08:03:17 AM

This is really an awesome tip.. I wouldn't buy an IEO coin free anonymous exchange owners ... this is just not normal as an investor
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: