Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Uno - “A Different Type of Crypto Project” True Decentralization | Unity |  (Read 241 times)
sun_zu (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:38:37 PM

I'm relatively new to crypto, but have noticed some consistent patterns across most projects:

1) Centralization - Founder/Company/Developers running the show and community members have almost no influence over key decisions 

2) Profit Seeking - Endless forks, Premines, ICO/IEOs rush to exchanges and then dump coins/tokens on retail speculators

3) Tribalism - Everyone working in their silos and defending their coins to increase the value (see #2)

These appear to be natural repercussions of a new billion dollar industry and I'm not passing any judgment. Just making observations and proposing building a new crypto project from scratch that unites the community.

No ICO. No Premine. No VCs. No small group of developers/founder/non-profit making all the key decisions. 

In fact, let's start with a COMPLETELY BLANK SLATE and use over 10 years of cryptocurrency knowledge, experience & code to create a project truly not controlled by a small group of people.

I'm sure Bitcoin maximalists or Grin folks will claim it already exists, but those projects were NOT collaborative enough nor was the decision making truly democratic. A handful of key people really steered both those projects.

So yes, this may be a radical and unproven way to approach a new project but cryptocurrency is still experimental and all those interested in contributing to a project and actually having a democratic way of making decisions, please come kickoff this journey by visiting UNO's discord and getting your voice heard!

https://discord.gg/WS52Az

Sun Zu
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:38:24 PM

Yes You really need to declare yourself through the airdrop or bounty program.I will wait for the next announcements!

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:47:07 PM

invalid discord link
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:29:55 PM

invalid discord link

Just checked.The link is valid.But judging by the very small number of participants the idea of the author of the post is unlikely to be implemented.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 08:40:24 PM

invalid invite for me too

regardless, rest assured OP, people who have seen many projects over many years ARE working on things like you speak of
most of the time they just get invaded by $$$ one way or the other tho and become just another big name project haha

also: theres no actual ANN here of a coin, so wrong board, should be: Alt Discussion probably

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: