Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:00:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are IEO's bad?  (Read 14416 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:45:10 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:49:35 PM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

For me whether IEO or ICO both can give profit to anyone here in the forum. Their difference only was that in ICO there is a high chances that the scammer can make a victim in it, unlike in IEO is not, due to it is already in the exchange. Now the impression would depend in the community as well here.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 03:52:35 PM

you are very right with the opinion. Aside that, if there is any form of hack on the exchange then the ICO funds is lost too. and exchanges will be the determinant for any successful project, what if an exchange rejects a project unfairly, other exchanges will do too and in essence they be the decision makers

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:53:25 PM

Yes you are right ,exchanges differs but I've seen not too popular exchanges completing IEO funds raising in a day ,kucoin for example ,IEO is plain better and more secured

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 03:57:16 PM

Personally I don't see it as a bad idea but I am thinking it will be easier to scam people with IEO because many people can easily trust IEO these day than ICO.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 04:10:12 PM
Merited by Maiscoinyelo (2)

We can't deny the fact that there will be always scam projects no matter what. IEO for me is better than ICO in terms of rasing tokens as it requires a partnership between the exchange and project owner. This means that when a project turns out to be a scam, the reputation of an exchange would be affected and any exchange owner won't let that happen. Therefore, through IEO the number victim of scam projects can/could be lessen.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:21:04 PM

It is a good only because you can be sure that which exchange host IEO will also list the token after the sale.
That means IEO on exchange without volume doesn´t bring any attention due to low popularity.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:26:54 PM

I don't think IEOs are bad at all, actually they are good just that investors should be careful in the project that they invest into. Most people are attracted by the hype and the sales of the project and not the real use case behind the project and most of the projects that do IEOs get dumped easily.

hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:29:34 PM

One question. And what if the swap is deceived. Will the project pay compensation. And reputation? There are statistics how many such projects have already entered the market? Here it is interesting to me just to see what is the difference between successful projects and ICO.

dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 04:57:00 PM

I can't say IEO is bad. Because I benefit from every IEO. Everyone must have different thoughts and perspectives on the IEO. For me, as long as IEO benefits personally, of course I will continue to support it and I cannot say IEO is bad.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:51:37 PM

In some point your statement is true, we can't categorized the project but we are focusing to what exchange who's offering the IEO, the essence of knowing how the project will be usable in the long run is not the priority but to engaged with binance launchpad for example is the first in mind of the
investors who wanted to take the chance.
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:00:25 PM

Don't worry these are just temporary people will realize it is just a strategy to make more funds.But it doesn't necessarily means all the projects through IEOs were bad.

When someone want to invest on new projects they need to do enough research rather than trusting an exchange.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:02:51 PM

I think that if the exchange uses IEO to increase its presence in the market and at the same time does not guarantee the safety of bubbles and does not care about its customers, then this is a very bad undertaking.
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 06:24:40 PM

A normal project will not go to Yobit, if the project has the potential, he will try to negotiate with a good exchange for IEO. For Binance reputation is important, so they carefully choose projects.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:41:30 PM

I have think along this view and I think the future is going to actually reveal what is going to happen in  IEO's market and I think it is going to still be the way it was during ico's projects.  The only thing that will make the projects stand out is how good there are and if there are existing products.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:17:41 PM

I don't think IEOs are bad, but i think people always should try do some research and only invest after, and i think maybe is safer to invest on IEOs than on ICOs, but always invest only money that afford to lose because maybe a project can bring a fast profit and can take some years.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:23:54 PM

Ieos are not bad
Either you conduct your ieos on binance or bittrex; once you offer nothing unique it won’t be patronized
Look up ocean protocol ieo on bittrex

It is not yet sold out where as other ieos were wrapped up in seconds
As an investor; always go for value
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:25:59 PM

I can't say IEO is bad. Because I benefit from every IEO. Everyone must have different thoughts and perspectives on the IEO. For me, as long as IEO benefits personally, of course I will continue to support it and I cannot say IEO is bad.
For me too I don't think IEO is bad unless we see bad works from that. But for me because we earn from IEO I will not stop to invest to the way that I earn profit. I will continue to support because as of now the reputation of IEO is good compared to ICO right? But it depends to the individual what they think about IEO.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:26:12 PM

I don't now what to say, I'm starting to get confused just after reading this thread. I was thinking that IEO is good to avoid scam project and to ensure that the project's token is listed on exchanges. But you are also right, this could be a bad thing later, when investors pay more attention to the exchange's credibility rather than the project itself. However, most of investors only care about the profit so they won't complaint anything regarding the project.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 10:27:48 PM

You have a good point. Everyone thinks that they will be successful by mentioning IEOs who are successful in binance (they also provide profit for a short time, then the price falls). Already in this case the price increase without innovation is just hype.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: