Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:11:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are IEO's bad?  (Read 14415 times)
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:51:06 AM

As you know most of ICO was scams and others are dead and after IEO launched investors are willing to invest in projects and almost every projects getting success.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 04:46:37 AM

Its a premium for certain groups of people on top of its advantages, for being secure and reliable. More structured as well as exchanges majorly involved with the offering process, the bad thing is it doesn't offer any long term advantage generally. With ensured volume you might expect some few pumps early on if rush into these 'premium' projects. But considering the mechanism of holding discounted tokens and gradually release, it makes no differents like how projects die like the .com bubble area where overvalued companies have good reputation but fail in delivering. 

Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:27:52 AM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

For me whether IEO or ICO both can give profit to anyone here in the forum. Their difference only was that in ICO there is a high chances that the scammer can make a victim in it, unlike in IEO is not, due to it is already in the exchange. Now the impression would depend in the community as well here.

Well, what about if a person is not that really knowledgeable on the exchange where a particular coin will going to be listed? If that so, there is nothing it is different from ICOs for me. Any ways, what matter is about our personal decisions on how we will going to try and figure out how the market works.
begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:35:41 AM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

For me whether IEO or ICO both can give profit to anyone here in the forum. Their difference only was that in ICO there is a high chances that the scammer can make a victim in it, unlike in IEO is not, due to it is already in the exchange. Now the impression would depend in the community as well here.
I also agree with your views on IEO and ICOS are very potential and bring very high profits. But in ICOS a worm enriched soup and then the scammers suffused with projects that made real gold and fake gold confused. Therefore investors will be aware of IEO projects or ICO projects to continue investing.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:36:17 AM

As you know most of ICO was scams and others are dead and after IEO launched investors are willing to invest in projects and almost every projects getting success.
we cannot say that IEO is bad, because IEO is the newest form of ICO, it's just that the IEO has many advantages over ICO. bad problem or not, it all depends on the type of project being undertaken. even ICO can be considered good or not, depending on the team, and the project being undertaken. I think IEO is better

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
acholagi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:46:13 AM

IEO is more reliable, especially for newcomers to the cryptocurrency market. Although popularity has come quite recently and over time we will see that this system will not have flaws.
maybe now it's true that not so many have realized that IEO itself also has weaknesses but later they will also realize that IEO itself is also a lot of things that in my opinion are not transparent to the public
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 06:09:24 AM

It is based on the credibility of the exchange but try to focus on the credibility of the project itself. Like in ICO, you should not depend yourself with the exchange. You should look for evidences that the project is credible in fulfilling their promises on their WP, roadmap. And look for the team if it is not a scam. Overall, IEO for me is not bad. It is just a descendant of ICO but more trusted than ICO because it is hold by the exchange.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 06:14:35 AM

Exchange bittrex has now become a lot of talk because the IEO that has been completed and in the listing (Ocean Protocol) does not provide profit for investors, it is a big loss that many investors have caused due to the decline. So from now on, be careful with the IEO

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:18:20 AM

How bad can IEO be when its already fixing crypto scam issues plaguing cryptocurrencies ? Is IEO not better than ICO that scams people of God knows how much?IEO is better than ICO and its what investors need ,even if no profit is made from IEO projects instantly at least its not scam project ,you can rely for future profits
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:36:33 AM

Of course, it gives more credibility and believes that it will get listed compare to many token that after ICO they will keep muted about listing on any platform. However, investors need to be very careful because there are many exchanges out there that lack credibility and it may be suicidal to join IEO on such platform. Many of them are using fake volume to attract traders and they lack liquidity which makes trading to be boring and frustrating.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:20:42 AM

Many exchanges actually show inflated trading volumes in order to raise the listing price on their exchange. Therefore, you must first analyze the exchange and its real trading volumes in order to understand whether IEO will be successful or not and only after that to take part.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:29:19 AM

Differences between exchanges must be considered. Besides, if yobit had started IEO sale first, it would not be as popular as it is now. I think in the future we will understand that IEOs are not what we wanted.
HK88

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:36:34 AM

I think the IEO is not bad, now investors are starting to get interested in this new program rather than ICO. since the ICO ended with a lot of fraud, some of them thought they preferred to take part in the IEO program. This is very nice.
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:36:55 AM

Exchange plays an important role in the sucess of an IEO. But try and also go through the  project to find ones that have already shown they have credible teams, product, future. Then you can decide to partake in any that meet this criteria

khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:58:50 AM

IEO feels more clear than the ICO because it's already exchanged, and the IEO is actually not much different from ICO just different ways and if so, exchange has an important role and exchanges that have large volumes will attract investors,but we remain vigilant because a scam can happen at any time.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:10:12 AM

IEO is more reliable, especially for newcomers to the cryptocurrency market. Although popularity has come quite recently and over time we will see that this system will not have flaws.
Not all teams that want to release their tokens in the IOO format can contribute a decent amount to the exchange, which is about 20 bitcoins. Maybe even because of this, while IEO achieve success. Not every team can pay this amount to the exchange. Therefore, the scam among projects that produce their tokens in the format of the IOO, is not heard.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:20:42 AM

This is bad because it will divide the territory. Exchange will rule the market. Is that bad. Will dictate their conditions to the entire market.

dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:24:45 AM

Why bad? I believe that, on the contrary, the IEO draws good attention to cryptocurrency and gives it a good growth dynamics, so of course I am for its implementation.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 11:01:02 AM

Why bad? I believe that, on the contrary, the IEO draws good attention to cryptocurrency and gives it a good growth dynamics, so of course I am for its implementation.
some time ago there was an IEO case in bittrex which said that the price of tokens from the IEO was far different when it entered the token exchange that was offered to be of no value or had cheap value and made many people surprised to see this case.
angrybird3591

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 11:14:14 AM

I used to think like you. just recently the bittrex platform running EIO made many investors lose big money. As you said, take a look at real projects
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: