Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are IEO's bad?  (Read 14408 times)
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:07:39 AM

Somehow most people think that the IEO is seen from the exchange first. After that there might be a research project to see if the project can develop. The IEO is certainly not too bad now. From the previous IEO, there are certainly many investors who can make a profit. Of course that is added value for people who invest in the IEO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saba1256

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

airdrop-pepe.art

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 11:17:14 AM

As you know scammers are available every where IEO's are good if launch through good and trusted exchanges , if IEO's will launch in unknown are low trust ranking than can be bad.

Airdrop PEPE Claim 10$
A NEW EXCHANGE,SIGN UP TO GET 7 USDT  (https://u.to/Yzz7Hw)
funcryptoco

Activity: 107
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:20:06 AM

It is no difference between ICO and IEO, this will not change in project itself, if the project is good the price will jump and if the project is poor, the price will fail.
But i have to say that the listing projects in exchange after ICO is better than IEO this due to exchanges do more research about project before listing it and the project become more clear and this not happen with IEO in other hand IEO happen during ICO, and the project still in the beginning.
Anc92

Activity: 259
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:26:42 AM

You're right,IEOs take a substantial amount of risk out of the equation; scammers have lesser opportunities to defraud investors, people who want to invest understand that the exchanges have at least done background checks so there's a little assurance that these projects have the ability to deliver a working product.
This is one of the reasons I got encouraged to dig further and invest in the project developing a digital collectibles market
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:55:02 AM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

I am also joining with you . I also created some thread for informing people there is enough project in crypto space we can invest . No need for new project whether ICO , IEO or anything . It is spoiling investment in Crypto space . Lots of these IEO or ICO  investments going away from crypto space.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 12:05:17 PM

I think you are right. With IEOs holding on large exchanges, this my happen that people or investors look at the exchanges only and not to projects. But I think, when holding IEOS of any projects, such exchanges will also  have more responsibility towards its users. Because the trust is actully getting passed on to projects via exchanges. Exchanges must have some specific criteria to hold the IEO of the project. Its exchanges responsibility to check legitness of the project.
If something goes wrong, it may also impact to the exchange and thus reputation can go down. Surely, exchanges dont want this situation so I am sure they are checking all the aspects before holding any IEOs. With base of these points, I think one can trust the projects based on the exchanges holding the IEO. Atleast we can be sure with top exchanges about this.

cryptic4000

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 12:38:43 PM

Somehow most people think that the IEO is seen from the exchange first. After that there might be a research project to see if the project can develop. The IEO is certainly not too bad now. From the previous IEO, there are certainly many investors who can make a profit. Of course that is added value for people who invest in the IEO.
Very few projects can earn high profits at this time because people are more inclined to invest in top pennies and that leaves abandoned IEO projects in May. I think it should only be invested when this trend is just starting because it will be a time for you to get the best profit but you need to be careful because currently many fraudulent IEO projects make investors lose a lot of money and you can see OCEAN, VBK at BITTREX exchange. I personally consider very carefully when I join the IEO and only choose to exchange Binance and Huobi

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
cp_underground

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 12:47:52 PM

The IEO and ICO are the same thing, that is coin initialization which different of both is only from the IEO which is handle by some exchange and ICO handle out by the owner.
IEO is bad??, i think is not because IEO is better than ICO for now.
IEO is trending and has positive responses from investors, but there are still have failed IEOs.
IEO is very good for a short time, not for a long time that the fact of data i get from a successful IEO.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 12:57:49 PM

My understanding for IEOs is basically instead of project handling raising funds etc. It will be for an exchange to do so.

An IEO hosted by Yobit or Binance can clearly not be compared. In other words, the exchange gives more credibility to the project regardless of whether it's worth it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually a bad thing and make people focus on the exchange hosting rather than the actual project and what the team is offering etc.?

Now for the quality of the project, or rather, the future cost of the token is indirectly the responsibility of the exchange where IEO is held. I think that you are right, the exchange directly affects the interest to the project.
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:02:55 PM

I think that when choosing IEO plays an important role exchange where the project will be added after the sale. Projects which, for example, conducted an IEO on the Binance Launchpad will successfully projects on Yobit. Therefore, I believe that we should rely on the authority of the exchange, and not focus on the technical aspects of the project.
The exchange is now a key factor for the project to become successful , all projects that went to binance are in great demand

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Bohdan Rabeha
Copper Member

Activity: 377
Merit: 0

I'm from #GenerationB

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 06:49:55 PM

I think that if the exchange uses IEO to increase its presence in the market and at the same time does not guarantee the safety of bubbles and does not care about its customers, then this is a very bad undertaking.
Most of those who came to crypto market came to make money, and then buy more bitcoins. To many participants and exchanges there is no difference to which projects they help. Just to make big money.

If the project is technically unique and will be in demand in the market in the future, it does not matter on which exchange IEO was held. Binance can guarantee high project fees, but does not guarantee that the project will be successful in a few years.

What is Binance? For me, this is just exchanger but not exchange. She created hype around himself and dictates her terms on market. Yes, she is good. But are these changes for a better future? If from this exchange many hackers can steal money several times then i have doubts about her prospects.

Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 07:14:02 PM

The new idea of IEO avail projects to raise money on the exchange rather than handling it themselves. Big exchange like Binance will definitely give hype to a project but one think I know for sure is that exchange like Binance will not just accept the IEO of anyhow project.
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:12:15 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 10:54:59 PM by micalith

The IEOs which is published on Binance are definitely not bad. Many people who is invested IEOs of Binance, earned a lot of money thank to Binance. That's why i would like to win a ticket for Harmony's IEO.
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:30:37 PM

IEO can't be bad for now as it is still new, and I don't think there's something wrong with it in any other exchange doing it apart from the bigger ones. The point is that where are you buying from is it the trustest ones or any site that supports ieo, that's how bad it can be by the user. Same way we still can locate a good ico
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:33:05 PM

The problem with IEOs is that it seems that many exchanges are taking advantage of it in a dishonest way.. overhyping them, releasing only a part of the allocated supply to appear scarcity of tokens and increase artificially the price. Anyway, i would like that Beatzcoin was able to conduct an IEO in BInance launchpad for example, which would make its price skyrockets, benefiting all of them that bought during Pre-IEO

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:51:45 AM

As you know scammers are available every where IEO's are good if launch through good and trusted exchanges , if IEO's will launch in unknown are low trust ranking than can be bad.
Yes the consequences could be bad or at times worst when you try to purchase tokens in IEO conducted by an exchange which is not even genuine at all. This could result in the listing of weak project with zero value gaining prospect and hence a loss. IEO is best option only if the exchange dealing with IEO is best and not the kind of exchange that will conduct IEO for anyone.
Freny250
Copper Member

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:03:44 PM

I think its good this way as it will give other exchange the opportunity to improve and delvop their platform to enable them sell out like their competitor.  For now Binance is taking the lead on IEO other exchange will restrategize to challenge Binance well

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:14:51 PM

Personally I don't see it as a bad idea but I am thinking it will be easier to scam people with IEO because many people can easily trust IEO these day than ICO.
Exchanges that are conducting IEO are already existing exchanges, some has been in the business for quite long, meaning most of them are already rooted and successful platforms unlike ICOs which mostly are just starting and developing projects so investors in my opinion are more secure in investing in IEO than in ICO which is unsure if the project behind the said ICO will really be successful.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 05:26:17 PM

Yes. What you think is the same as most people here. We all know that, but all are only interested in profits, so choosing a reputable exchange like Binance will guarantee your profit.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 05:52:29 PM

In my opinion I would say initial exchange offering is very good, this is based on what I have seen, another advantage of Initial exchange offering is that the token is sure of listing if they sell out, so this is also a plus.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: