Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling coins found in your change.  (Read 295 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 08:32:55 AM
Merited by paxmao (2)

I started to get interest in this concept when I noticed some strange coins in my change. I've been keeping them, but I haven't tried to sell them yet. It seems that some of them are selling for insane sums, sometimes in four figures. I get the feeling that as we move into a reduced cash and crypto economy, some people will start to collect the rare and unusual coins. Are any of you guys selling any of the coins you find in your everyday change?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 10:09:27 AM

Is it like the rare coin finds with errors like the Sacagawea dollar errors, or something related to that?
Arian247

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:10:31 AM

I have some old coins which I've collected over the years including old notes not in use anymore hoping to keep them for a long period of time and see if it's value soar
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 11:52:07 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

People in the collectibles section does a really good job in helping you out with this (either you need to sell or buy some coins). I don't collect such rare coins/notes much but have a few of them. You could try out an auction or a interest check with your rare coins in the collectibles section to see how much interest does your coins generate within the crypto community.

I get the feeling that as we move into a reduced cash and crypto economy, some people will start to collect the rare and unusual coins.
Yes, thats true. I do see some very rare coins being auctioned in that child board not much often, but they are having a good bid and price for its rarity. Error coins sell for a much higher rate than the normal ones.

Are any of you guys selling any of the coins you find in your everyday change?
Collectors never sell their coins/collectibles often,unless they are in need of money or the coins are abundant with them. If you are not a collector, you could better sell them off. That's what I do if I have few of them.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 11:57:07 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I used to collect very rare physical coins with different leaders pics on it but not keeping it too long,whenever I am in need of money I will use that because there is buyer nearby my resident who used to buy these things for good prices.Just enjoy the profits from your savings. Smiley
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:06:17 AM

I started to get interest in this concept when I noticed some strange coins in my change. I've been keeping them, but I haven't tried to sell them yet. It seems that some of them are selling for insane sums, sometimes in four figures. I get the feeling that as we move into a reduced cash and crypto economy, some people will start to collect the rare and unusual coins. Are any of you guys selling any of the coins you find in your everyday change?

I've never found any rare coins in my everyday change,but I remember something about banknotes with specific serial numbers or defects.They are rare and have high value as collectibles.There was a Youtube video about this topic,but I don't remember the channel name.It was 5 years ago.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 03:09:12 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I believe this question has been in the traders point of view or big investor.

When there is coin has the everyday change in that coin alone we can able increase our investment slowly using proper indicators and candles. For example, we can take HOT. This coin fluctuate everyday and show the profit to the investors on limit trade easily.
Like these coins we should not sell out and stay idle, we need to utilize the situation and make the money out it. 

Next, if there is any coin which does not create any fluctuation price or low volume in top exchanges, we need to wait for right time and sell those coins.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 10:58:52 PM

I do from time to time. I am usually looking for silver coins, which is quite rare now days, but most often I will find mild errors which are often worth at least a few bucks.
bitstashco
Copper Member

Activity: 82
Merit: 3

BitStash Marketplace Buy & Sell with Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 09:38:40 PM

Imagine, people started to collect these "random coins" just like bottles and cans, turn them in and get a recycle fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: