Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are investors realizing that IEO is a silent scam?  (Read 1088 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:55:37 AM

It has been going three days Bittrex has launched IEO for "ocean" coin. But seems still now 17% remain of IEO token. Last IEO was closed within few seconds. Wondering why still not sold out current IEO on Bittrex. Are investors realizing that IEO is silent scam? Because on last IEO on Bittrex lots of investor's got REKT. Perhaps that's why investors worried about their funds.

What do you think? There is any other reason?
I dont think IEO is a scam just like ICO and other crowdsale it went through to a process. But just like other crowdsale opportunities. Sometimes the investors confidence on particular project is not strong, or maybe poorly advertise thats why it was not able to reach to specific audience or investors thats why the project token sale was not easily sold out sometimes expect the unexpected specially in cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:14:57 AM

It has been going three days Bittrex has launched IEO for "ocean" coin. But seems still now 17% remain of IEO token. Last IEO was closed within few seconds. Wondering why still not sold out current IEO on Bittrex. Are investors realizing that IEO is silent scam? Because on last IEO on Bittrex lots of investor's got REKT. Perhaps that's why investors worried about their funds.

Perhaps the previous IEO brought investors little profit or even loss and therefore they do not want to invest money in the new IEO, which is organized by the Bittrex exchange.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:34:57 AM

IEO is never a scam itself its just another better way than ICO and many investors are short term investors looking for quick gains ,tell that to matic or celer network they are good projects but investors don't care,they are here for the quick 2x 3x ,IEO proves to be more safer than ICO ,no more scam projects ,what we have left are good and bad projects ,meaning that many IEO projects will die too so choose wisely

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
GabbieBoy12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:52:56 AM

I don't think IEO was a kind of scam because like ICO, an IEO nowadays benefit investors. If encountering a little miscontact about the IEO just make a good point on researching and reviewing about if it is gonna make you profitable in the future like the dencoins tokens. So if you invest into it, as long as it makes you profit then it must be really great.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:04:37 AM

I don't think IEO was a kind of scam because like ICO, an IEO nowadays benefit investors. If encountering a little miscontact about the IEO just make a good point on researching and reviewing about if it is gonna make you profitable in the future like the dencoins tokens. So if you invest into it, as long as it makes you profit then it must be really great.

Indeed, i dont think IEOs is scam because exchangers already manages the project before held IEOs. Exchangers must be very careful when decide held IEOs, specially IEOs from big exchangers. I think IEOs more trusted than ICOs

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 10:11:27 AM

I think IEO is still a better option for any investors but the rate in which it dump after listing might be the reason for people not that turning up to buy like before or base on the project research which might not really give a good idea for surviving

Any IEO can also performed base on the exchange performance which I think might also be a reason as binance IEO will always finish within some minute since they have started.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 10:18:24 AM

IEO, in my opinion, cannot be considered a scam, a project is, IEO made easy for project and investors to connect in a short period of time and investors are guaranteed of the ready market after the crowd sale, a thing that ICO lacks but still the project always makes an impact if it's going to succeed or fail.

GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:21:10 AM

All of these startups are in essence scammers. They are not motivated to improve the industry as a whole, but are aimed at raising more money. After that, 99% of the teams just stop working, that's the reality.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:32:56 AM

If an IEO will be a scam then there are 2 parties involve in that scam.
1. the TEAM who manage and having their token sales.
2. The exchange who manage the sales.

But for me i think that the IEO will always be better than ICO as the exchange team are the one who study the project first.
This gives the investors an additional security measures.

SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:34:41 AM

Yep, it is a silent since the exchange protect the coin and the project. Both of them project and the exchange could scam you after 5-10 years so the volume will be just like shitcoins
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:38:38 PM

That a project failed to sell out during IEO, doesn't mean IEOs are now scam. Every exchange promoting any IEO has a role to play which has been seen in other exchange's IEOs. Nowadays, some projects go as far as launching their IEO two exchanges just to ensure they sell out.
Bittrex should retrace their steps and know where they went wrong and start making corrections.

sakuragi21

Activity: 286

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:53:47 PM

If you are thinking investing in IEO'S is scam then you should warn you self and try to make research in good projects that are legit and trusted,like the Dencoin that now offers Ico and you can buy tokens from the Ico and this project is legit and can bring us profits.
angrybird3591

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:56:51 PM

I think with the IEO projects and they don't want to keep growing, it's a disadvantage for investors. So before joining, choose projects with great potential
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:25:00 PM

Not all IEOs are scams, I think the ones on Binance are way more legit than 99% of the ICOs.
Agree on this, its too early for IEO to scam investors but we should always be careful on investing whether its listed on top exchange or not. IEO is a new way to invest, i’m confident more good project will do IEO and make a good project.
Both of you are right, and we don't know which IEO project that will be a scam because they are new in the crypto market and they need to run the project.
We only know if they are scam by following their journey so we can determine which project that will potential to be a scam project.
We need to be careful if we want to invest in any project and not just the project that lists on the IEO.
The scamming project will always be there, and we don't know which project that will scam us.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:16:08 PM

All of these startups are in essence scammers. They are not motivated to improve the industry as a whole, but are aimed at raising more money. After that, 99% of the teams just stop working, that's the reality.

This is mostly common with ICO projects, most team lacks vision and once they get the money, they tend to forget the purpose of raising the fund which makes majority of them collapse. I think with IEO, it will be a different case, because exchanges coming up with IEO projects too will not want to tarnish their image, so firstly, they will seriously ensure that the project developers and team are genuine, and at the same time, make sure that they have a very good real life working products that they will be establishing after the crowd funding, which is why I believe we hardly see any IEO project that has not been performing well.
Chika08

Activity: 544

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:22:42 PM

I don't understand your idea or logic behind this. Investors can choose on which project to invest on. Do you in person invest in all projects you see? Definitely no so you don't expect the investors to put money on every project. Maybe ocean was not a good project to go into
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:22:53 PM

If an IEO is on a reputable exchange then it is very unlikely to be a scam.
We need to differentiate between those that fail because they don't hit soft cap (minimum amount for the project to be viable) and those that are just outright scams. There can be a world of difference between the two.

shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:25:55 PM

Investors only have interests in their eyes, and they are not too concerned about whether there is a scam. If the IEO is successful. There will be a lot of benefits. Investors really like IEO.

therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:28:29 PM

Most of the fundraising projects struggle , but i definitely would not say its a scam if the price drops . There is only few projects around thats worth to follow from IEO and possible invest in IEO . Golden days of 2017 is over , now you can't raise funds with just Website and whitepaper . Now they need alot more , like working product and use case .
criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:34:31 PM

Most of the fundraising projects struggle , but i definitely would not say its a scam if the price drops . There is only few projects around thats worth to follow from IEO and possible invest in IEO . Golden days of 2017 is over , now you can't raise funds with just Website and whitepaper . Now they need alot more , like working product and use case .
you're right, if in 2017 we can easily see a very profitable project, now we have to look more closely, where the market for new projects now requires products and real development. when they don't have a product sometimes they will be wasted even before they enter the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: