Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves Keeper Question  (Read 155 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:15:08 PM

I have waves.  I previously stored them in my waves lite client on my laptop.  Then i installed the desktop client... put in my 15 word seed.  Then had to put a new password to it to use it.

I want to get waves airdrop and to do this, i have to install either waveskeeper or send tiny amount of waves to a waves address to get airdrop.

This is what im confused.

I go to waves site to download the program.

First off, it says

When i click on add waves keeper i get message

Add Waves Keeper?

It can:

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit

Display notifications

Modify data you copy and paste

This is the message i should receive?  This message seems not that secure though the way its phrased...

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:18:32 PM

What is confusing is when you download the program, you would put in your 15 word seed and then give a name to it.  Also you have to put a new password?  So basically this password for waveskeeper is different from waves desktop client right?

So whenever you turn on your laptop, does that mean you could send waves without entering your waves keeper password?  I asssume no right because of so, that would be not secure?  However the site says you don't have to put a password in it... so that does not seem right.

Everytime i log into my waves desktop client, it ask for my password.  Does it ask for the waves keeper?  Its a chrome extension so is it similar to like how the waves lite client is with the chrome store or not?

Does anyone here use the waves keeper and can give feedback?  Do you like it and use it over your waves desktop client?  Desktop client looks better.

Are there any security issues with it?  The message i posted above in 1st post... it doesn't look that secure when i click on it to download the waves keeper with that message.

Anyone here did the waves vostok airdrop and downloaded waveskeeper and then authenticated it with no problem?

Like feedback on this.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 07:01:26 PM

Anyone who has waves and uses it can answer my questions?
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 09:48:21 PM

So strange that ask so many permission, and is weird that can change all data you copy and paste, and also change the data if website you visit, you should try to scan the waves keeper on virus total and post result here to see if is safe or no to run it.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 10:27:55 PM

Well that is the message shown when trying to download it and i thought well that message doesn't seem that good etc...

Anyone here who downloaded waveskeeper got that message?
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 11:16:19 PM

This is the first time I have heard about the waves keeper
I still sold some waves from today in binance and I sent from my waveslite app

did you try  to use the mobile app for clarity
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:32:57 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2019, 04:09:55 AM by studio1one

Not sure never used any browser-based wallet but read data is somewhat understandable but what scary for me is that It can modify the data you copy-paste If I were you then I would restrain myself from using keeper for now.

BINTEX