Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HVC] Heavycoin Branding, Art and Media  (Read 10093 times)
ckybe

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Hey thank you! I'm glad you like it! )

Here's some cogs improvements:

ckybe

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:22:28 PM

And second:

mumbly

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

Hey ckybe - again, nice work man - to my mind the fewer teeth in the cog the more and more I like it (although any less than eight teeth and the effect is probably reduced, nice point to limit it to).

Maybe I'm reading more in to your design than intended, but I personally like that the shape of the cog kind of suggests that it does something.

Let me repost something I mentioned in the old thread - practical/sanity tests for our logo:

We have to concede that some of our opinions will be subjective and some will need to answer the question: what practical function should the logo perform to fit our needs?

I would like to suggest the following tests, if you have any other suggestions for logo tests please share.

Here are the tests I propose:

Standout test - substitute the logo with one from the homepage of poloniex.com - how does it differentiate itself from the other coins, how much attention does it grab (without being florescent green).

size text - how does it look as a favicon.ico - sanity check that small size works

reddit sub page heading - I don't think we need to mock a heading up from scratch, but we should take a moment to consider this - how does it look in context for a given example - I'm hoping that this will also inform us on placing/spacing rules for the logo when we get to brand guidelines

By all means please don't feel the need to post these tests for every idea - the idea right now is to innovate logos, when we think we're getting closer to a decision I would like to suggest that we use these tests as a way of bench-marking designs.

Please note - these should be goals for the coin logo, not rules - any goal can be broken if we feel we have a strong enough reason to break it.

Hakuna Matata
(yes, the lion king is playing on my TV in background. No, I'm not sure why...)

M
mumbly

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:20:47 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 04:32:45 PM by mumbly

Hi folks,

We've all been working very hard at making logos, let me mix things up and give you a game.

This is a special edition of drunkenmumbly presents (i.e. I'm drunk and spending HVC when I should know better):

- 100HCV reward (personally from mumbly)
- no time limit
- first correct answer in my PM box gets the reward
- winner gets congrats on this thread (inc the 100HVC - mumbly's coins)
- if no correct answers after 48hrs I will give a hint and then more hints each 48hrs until solved and won
- this is designed to out gun the google sleuths, but best of luck to you

The quiz:
Unisys is a large company which we have all heard of.

They have more than a 100 year tradition of acquiring companies, changing names, and acquiring new names/companies that they have absorbed.

There is a very special company in this mix, one that would produce one of the most important authors of the 20th century.

An outsider, this author would go on to write a book that to this day is published by Penguin Classics and has been made in to a movie.

But on one very tragic day this author called out to play a game and killed someone very close him as a result

First person to PM me:
Name of the author
Name of the movie based on his book (inc IMDB link)
His relationship to Unisys
The name of his victim and the relationship to his victim
The name of the fatal game they played

Gets 100HVC  (personally from mumbly)

Double reward (200HVC personally from mumbly) if solved within two hours of this being posted + public acknowledgement that my game is weak and your Google Sleuthing (or general knowledge) is strong.

This is an experiment - send me your answers or otherwise tell me that my game is lame, low incentive, or too hard/too easy.

PM Bump me if it's time to release a new clue (48hrs from now) and I haven't posted one yet.
ckybe

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

Hey Smiley

Here's some graphics:

Poloniex looks great:

Favicons looks awesome:

luckytiger

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:55:56 PM

And second:

great good looking design, tip tho next time you make a small change like just only the teeth, put them in the same post.
dont create a new post for it, mumbly will review all posts in seconds, so creating a new post is just coming to spamming logo's
something we are trying to prevent.
ckybe

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:13:44 PM

And second:

great good looking design, tip tho next time you make a small change like just only the teeth, put them in the same post.
dont create a new post for it, mumbly will review all posts in seconds, so creating a new post is just coming to spamming logo's
something we are trying to prevent.

Ok I see ) Thanks!
antonioneto

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:24:27 PM

I like this one the most!
It's clean but in the same time represents the strength and stability that a coin must have!
Great job!!!
ckybe

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:39:03 PM

And second:

I like this one the most!
It's clean but in the same time represents the strength and stability that a coin must have!
Great job!!!

Thanks!
keccak512 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:05:17 PM

Hey guys, great work, especially to the folks who've iterated their designs

+100  Well done.
nomisugi

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:46:27 PM

Well done guys!
mumbly

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:27:06 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 01:42:11 AM by mumbly

Quiz Update!

As drunkenmumbly fades now returns a hungover and poorer regular mumbly....

Congratulations to our own swraka who smoked the quiz and has earned himself double rewards!

Special mentions to the following members who also answered correctly in a very short time:
- MysticalPotato
- coinsocieties

As these members correctly responded, the answer was:

Name of the author: William S. Burroughs
Name of the movie based on his book (inc IMDB link): Naked Lunch (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102511/?ref_=nm_knf_t1)
His relationship to Unisys: grandson of the inventor and founder of the Burroughs Corporation, which later became Unisys
The name of his victim and the relationship to his victim: Joan Vollmer, his wife
The name of the fatal game they played: William Tell game (shooting a water tumbler on her head)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Burroughs

Now the least favourite part....

I, mumbly, humbly acknowledge that my game is weak and swraka's game is far, far superior. Today, I have officially been schooled Smiley

Cheers,
M
BoubonicNugz

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:14:54 AM

Submission #2 Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/38fFVYN.jpg

- New approach, went away from the antenna looking attempt at weights.  Kept it simple and clean still, but brought in a touch of CPU flair.  Does your eye catch the 'Power Button'?  I am obviously quite partial to this color, it distinctly represents something strong and helpful, yet maintains a confident calmness as well.  In my opinion, it's presents a stronger look than say Intel or IBM's logo.  It's definitely the strongest looking logo in the coin bunch below.

- The font used is Gotham Rounded.  It *is* a commercially licensed font.  http://www.typography.com/fonts/gotham-rounded/styles/screensmart/

https://i.imgur.com/2XwIqj1.jpg

- Stands out quite nicely among the rest

https://i.imgur.com/gCsWUtk.jpg

- Works nicely as a favicon as well
crazy0000

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:19:03 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is good ı like this

+1 Wink
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:45:26 AM

Quiz Update!

As drunkenmumbly fades now returns a hungover and poorer regular mumbly....

Congratulations to our own swraka who smoked the quiz and has earned himself double rewards!

Special mentions to the following members who also answered correctly in a very short time:
- MysticalPotato
- coinsocieties

As these members correctly responded, the answer was:

Name of the author: William S. Burroughs
Name of the movie based on his book (inc IMDB link): Naked Lunch (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102511/?ref_=nm_knf_t1)
His relationship to Unisys: grandson of the inventor and founder of the Burroughs Corporation, which later became Unisys
The name of his victim and the relationship to his victim: Joan Vollmer, his wife
The name of the fatal game they played: William Tell game (shooting a water tumbler on her head)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Burroughs

Now the least favourite part....

I, mumbly, humbly acknowledge that my game is weak and swraka's game is far, far superior. Today, I have officially been schooled Smiley

Cheers,
M

Wow. I've been in the race. Congrats to winner swraka. As is the first quiz from you, you could consider small donations to me and MysticalPotato. Still plan some heavy quiz and host it with bigger price, you will be crowded with lot  of people. Good luck.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀