Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:30:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HVC] Heavycoin Branding, Art and Media  (Read 10093 times)
luckytiger

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:48:44 PM

LOL crazy58, what the hell? why waste your time?

THESE LOGOS WILL NEVER BE HEAVYCOIN'S LOGO. it would make it a laughingstock.

i think we made it clear in the first post we dont approve flaming
mumbly

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:00:10 PM

Hey eightspaces,

Check your PM, when you first mentioned your concerns I PM'd you to start a conversation with you.

Flaming is unnecessary and if nothing else I'm glad we got to page 3 before it became a problem.

LT is being very polite to you, more than I think you deserve at this point.

If you would like to talk I've already put the invite out there.

Cheers,
M
eightspaces

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:21:12 PM

Mumbly, alright, I see your point.
mumbly

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:10:44 PM

Ok folks - let's let this play out on the sidelines - crazy58 & eightspaces let's not post on this thread for now and talk on the side for a little bit.

*closes curtain* nothing to see here folks

For the love of god please post a logo...
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:22:29 PM

Huh

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
mumbly

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:43:16 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:41:21 PM by mumbly

Hey guys,

So we hit a bump in the road but we're back on track.

@BoubonicNugz - dude... when I refresh the page I usually skip through to get an idea of how many new submissions have been put in, but I hit yours and instinctively stopped and looked, that really says something. In your standout test, to me, it's a clear winner. Colour choice is excellent.

One big problem for you - the "h" design is great and a huge step up from the last version - I like how the circle with the vertical line of the h make a power on/off symbol, very clever! The problem after I was looking at your design for a while was I said in my head "wheelchair" and then that was the only thing I could see - a wheelchair logo. Sorry man.

On the font front, thanks for sharing the name, I should have recognised it. You probably already know that for most of these there's a license free knock off version of them, I'll take a look and see if I can find one - either way it's a nice choice.

@Trivelius - nice entry man. solid and clean. I'm not a huge fan of mixing upper case and lower case letters, but personal opinion. I like the idea of the perspective on the "H" - have you played around with other angles? maybe looking up to the H rather than down? - maybe that might open an interesting direction for you?

@coinsocieties - thanks for your feedback, and I take your point. Putting in a bunch of effort to only miss out completely because one person was a little faster sucks. At the same time though changing the rules after the fact seems like a slippery slope. Leave it with me and I will see if I can make this right if I end up doing another one.

Now, to mix things up a little - our "H" symbol

Take another look at Auroacoin - http://auroracoin.org/ - see how they don't use and "A" for their coin design? The symbol they chose is Fehu, the Icelandic symbol for "wealth" (I'm being a little simplistic here, but check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fehu)

Are we using the best "H" symbol at our disposal, or is there maybe a more interesting option out there? I've come across this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_with_stroke seems like an interesting starting point for research.

If you have the inclination, would you like to look in to some options for the H symbol and share them here?

Even if you're not a logo designer, feel free to make a suggestion and don't feel like you have to submit a full logo design with it. Smiley

Have a good one folks,
M
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:12:44 PM

Bitrated user: Mick.
BoubonicNugz

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

@BoubonicNugz - dude... when I refresh the page I usually skip through to get an idea of how many new submissions have been put in, but I hit yours and instinctively stopped and looked, that really says something. In your standout test, to me, it's a clear winner. Colour choice is excellent.

One big problem for you - the "h" design is great and a huge step up from the last version - I like how the circle with the vertical line of the h make a power on/off symbol, very clever! The problem after I was looking at your design for a while was I said in my head "wheelchair" and then that was the only thing I could see - a wheelchair logo. Sorry man.

Damn!  I hate to admit it, but your right.  I didn't see it.  Time to wipe that off the whiteboard.  Thanks for the good initial vibes though Wink

On the font front, thanks for sharing the name, I should have recognized it. You probably already know that for most of these there's a license free knock off version of them, I'll take a look and see if I can find one - either way it's a nice choice.

I've looked for good free knock-offs before but there really isn't any.  Gotham Rounded is really in a league of it's own.  There is a license fee for the font, as mentioned above.  If you where to choose one of my designs as a final, I'd go so far as to split the license fee and accept a reduced bounty to see it used.  Personally, I think investing in a timeless look would only benefit the future of the coin.

Now, to mix things up a little - our "H" symbol

Take another look at Auroacoin - http://auroracoin.org/ - see how they don't use and "A" for their coin design? The symbol they chose is Fehu, the Icelandic symbol for "wealth" (I'm being a little simplistic here, but check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fehu)

Are we using the best "H" symbol at our disposal, or is there maybe a more interesting option out there? I've come across this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_with_stroke seems like an interesting starting point for research.

Interesting - I like the correlation to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduced_Planck_constant
JamesR1

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:28:38 PM

Ok, so its not as good

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
delusiona1

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:39:52 PM

mine too

HVC: HAccgXrfMZdTsMZss47dAqZ82trPoeiiB7
BTC: 14SoM653x2iEEipDcHchimBfFXwbQUZ3fh
crazy58

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:11:02 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 11:09:35 PM by crazy58

http://i.hizliresim.com/wzN826.png http://i.hizliresim.com/KZlvn0.png http://i.hizliresim.com/xGjqAy.png
BoubonicNugz

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:11:43 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 10:42:08 PM by BoubonicNugz

A quick revision using the Planck constant

https://i.imgur.com/hQdX1eg.jpg

Another idea - bringing back the Power On/Off imagery.  This one to me is quite simple yet intriguing.  The negative effect at the top draws your eye to the center of the logo.  While I like the HC with the extending 'coin line' through the C, I'm not sure I am sold on it.  Thoughts?

https://i.imgur.com/Nya6sxj.jpg
Trivelius

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:44:29 PM

A quick revision using the Planck constant

very very nice +++  Tongue

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
Trivelius

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:47:15 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 10:52:53 PM by Trivelius

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
BoubonicNugz

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:37:59 AM

Something a touch different but keeping along the lines of the 'Power Button' imagery.

https://i.imgur.com/8zDWS5N.jpg
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:07:45 AM

Here is my submission from the last thread. I've made changes according to what mumbly suggested. The middle is now thicker and more realistic as far as metal goes.

By itself

Around other logos

It is easily distinguished from other coin logos, looks great at all sizes and gives the coin an immense presence. This is a valuable coin, it's very very well made and has an intrinsic quality to it. The logo screams heavy and is memorable as well. Other coins may prefer a simplistic logo, heavycoin is like a Rolex or an Omega watch. Precisely made by experts, expensive and desirable and most of all, HEAVY.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
mumbly

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:03:34 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:11:09 PM by mumbly

Some great work happening today guys - keep it up!

I came across this just now and thought you all might appreciate it Smiley

Your inspirational quote for the day:

"How does everyone feel about the B symbol with the two lines through the outside? Can we live with that as our logo?"
- Satoshi Nakamoto, Feb. 26, 2010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd edit rather then spam the thread, hope everyone is having/had a good day.

@Mjbmonetarymetals - hey mate - from your previous posts, it looks like there was another design you submitted which I missed - sorry! had no idea.

Solid entry man, I quite like the flip over of colours as the logo gets smaller. I had a random idea a while back for the coin colour being Plaitinum, i.e. = heaviest precious metal. It's a bit of a *boom tish* but I kind of liked it - your username would suggest you might have an opinion on this?

@JamesR1 - don't put yourself down man - you're trying something, that's all you need to be doing. I think the design you posted would probably get complicated fast when you size it down, but if we're not exploring everything we miss out on trying a bunch of ideas - stick at it

@crazy58 - PM finally replied to mate

@BoubonicNugz - the foundation is so solid man, three solid entries today.

Planck version - I like it - have you played around with making the character heavier? I really like the Planck constant - would be a amazing if we could figure out how to tie the symbol to the coin's idea, but might be a step too far. One small but interesting advantage of this symbol is that we have a html character ready to go for this - ℏ - if we ever need to list the price of something in HVC we can use this character - I know this is something the Bitcoin community is trying to figure out at the moment with online carts.

Second version - again, and as always from you, great work - only thing I wanted to suggest to you is figure out how to center the two characters so that the second vertical line of the H meets (maybe even connects?) with your top line in the center - I like how that top line breaks the shape up though.

Third one - I can't tell if this is even a good idea or not - how does it look if the H gaps are the same width as the C line? I guess it would be committing to the power icon, but maybe we could still see the H in there? not sure.

re: fonts - I agree, I think it's worth going to whatever lengths we need to keep it. I found a few knock offs and you're right, they all look a little "meh" in comparison, I tried to see if we could sneak the official font past font squirrel but that was also a no go.

I appreciate your dedication to offer up some bounty to buy a license, but if you end up with the terrible burden of winning the bounty we should be able to figure something out before it comes to that Smiley

@Trivelius - you're on to something man - I like the right offset - I like the position of the two vertical lines of the H, do you think there might be a different treatment for the horizontal H line? It feels a little thick to me. I would definitely keep working on this direction.

@anonymousxx1503 - dude! glad you made it across to this thread. I love what you've done to the H shape - it almost looks like two "pi-ish" symbols, really interesting.

One thing I wanted to point out to you in the standout test on Poloniex - I know it's only a visual trick and not actually the case - do you see how it looks like the border is thinner on the left then on the right? Maybe lowering the contrast between the two sides might even it up? what do you think?

One last thing I wanted to put past you kind folks - I was talking to a creative director friend of mine today and showed her some of the logos. One point that she made is that the forum is most likely heavily skewed towards men (and I think we would all expect this to be true).

She just left a note that from her perspective when she designs she finds that she needs to be careful about not designing for a particular sex, or her own biases being a woman, she just had general feedback for us to be mindful that we are most likely male and this coin is not just for us, but for everyone.

The way she put it was - "Think Point of Sale, think friendly"

This doesn't apply to anyone in particular, I showed her probably 20 random logos over a few minutes, so it's just a general suggestion she thought might open up some new ideas for us.

This kind of gives me an idea for a point of sale test - kind of a "we accept bitcoins" kind of sign - if I have an idea for it I'll float it her for you guys.

Cheers,
M
crazy58

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:51:42 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 06:08:52 PM by crazy58

Smiley Smiley

http://i.hizliresim.com/KlVkpb.png

http://i.hizliresim.com/Kr7go3.png
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:33:43 PM

@anonymousxx1503 - dude! glad you made it across to this thread. I love what you've done to the H shape - it almost looks like two "pi-ish" symbols, really interesting.

One thing I wanted to point out to you in the standout test on Poloniex - I know it's only a visual trick and not actually the case - do you see how it looks like the border is thinner on the left then on the right? Maybe lowering the contrast between the two sides might even it up? what do you think?

Yeah you're right, it's a visual trick caused by the way the shadow hits. At smaller resolutions I will fix this and even smaller I'll remove textures to keep it looking really clean. I'll show you an example later today if I can get some time.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:51:37 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:16:17 PM by cakir

Wow! I liked crazy58's work, it best fits for HVC!
Here is his works on this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513878.msg5677583#msg5677583

edit:
I saw this work of @crazy58 later, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513878.msg5744987#msg5744987

This one is cooler!

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#