Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HVC] Heavycoin Branding, Art and Media  (Read 10093 times)
mumbly

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:34:32 AM

Hi everyone,

Terrific to see so many new ideas being added

@JamesR1 - I'm glad you enjoyed that Smiley I absolutely agree with you, as long as we are working on an interesting direction your submission is as valid as any other - plus, it would be a shame if we sucked all the fun out of the thread!

If you're interested in trying out a more fun/playful take on the logo, associations I personally thought were interesting were things like sumo wrestlers and elephants. The analogy is pretty simple and both have fairly iconic shapes that could be worked in, plus could work in a playful direction.

Sumo logos: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=sumo+logo&safe=off&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=u1ouU4C0KYeOkgWXnYG4Aw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1451&bih=825

Elephant logos: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=elephant+logo&safe=off&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zFouU967OImXkQXA7oCYCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1451&bih=825

@ckybe - was your last comment to me? Did I miss a submission from you mate? If I have just point me in the right direction.

@desuDeArimasu - Clean animations man! Only thing I would suggest from a timing perspective is how much time the text is on the screen (particularly the longer bits of text).

Something I do when I time animating text on and off the screen is read it out loud to myself, clearly and slow-ish pace - I know for me when I animate text I get familiar with what it says quite easily and can end up speed reading the text and not trying to view it as someone reading it for the first time. Hope that helps.

(oh and the Ultra Secure screen - I think you are missing a space on the last line where it says "theeggs")

@luckytiger - great shape man. Have you tried removing the "heavy" text when you start to take down the size? Even at the Poloniex size it may not be needed and the shape could just breath by itself. That's a legit iconic look man.

@kaduwall - strong entry - great to see you are playing around with the unicode H options. Have you tried making the inside border of the text ring a little more defined? I personally really like the second version in the line of three that you showed - what do you think if you turned off the text for this one and brought up the alpha of the sphere behind it? Could be interesting.

Also for the text, I appreciate the idea of clearly embedding the message of the coin around the edge, but just as something to play with, I posted some reference Latin quotes a few posts back (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(full)), just if you wanted to play with some options.

@Trivelius - solid shapes and really clean. I appreciate you acknowledging your sources and I think your idea is clearly influenced but not derivative of these. Only three things I would suggesst to try  - maybe close the 1px gap between the H and the C to keep things simple. Maybe increase the width of the circle border (I wouldn't want to see it too much thicker, but it looks like there might be a little room). Lastly I'd suggest just keep playing with colour combinations - feel free to PM me if you want to spam me a bunch of colour combinations and talk about it on the side.

@pipipipopopo - wow man, great entry. The H shape that you posted is obviously strong. The animation treatment in the lower right of your second post is simply brilliant, I can picture that so easily, and what you could do with it is endless. Only feedback I could really give you is that I know Keccak has expressed that he would like a logo that it "friendly" and commercially viable, where the aggressiveness of the saw teeth might be leading it away from this direction. But what a great shape to play with.

@BTCspoon - nice way to play with getting the H shape involved in the design, I'd encourage you to keep playing with it.

There's something that really draws the eye you the blue/white design on the top right of your image, I'd be worried that it starts to lose it's "H"-ness but there's something there for sure man. I think it might be the white cutting of on the right makes the it look like a C? Either way, I think if you let yourself fall down that rabbit hole you'll get some interesting results.

@mymenace - hey mate, cool design. I don't know if it;s intentional, but the way you're using that unicode symbol is adding a Japanese-ness that I really like (maybe I'm being crazy about the Japanese-ness, but the best way I can think to describe it). Have you tried pulling the vertical lines in a little bit so that where they intersect with the top vertical line happens inside the border? Also, I'd be tempted to let all the lines of the H character go completely in to the outer border and see what you think of it.

Great ideas guys and if I can say, the general strength of the shapes you guys are creating is so strong at this point - congratulations to all of you.

Cheers,
M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mumbly

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:55:34 AM

Hi mumbly, thanks for your feedback.

Indeed for the blue one that's an intentional C, for "coin", used to complete the H schematic.

It looks like broadcasting how dumb I am to the Internet is becoming my "thing" Smiley
pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

@pipipipopopo - wow man, great entry. The H shape that you posted is obviously strong. The animation treatment in the lower right of your second post is simply brilliant, I can picture that so easily, and what you could do with it is endless. Only feedback I could really give you is that I know Keccak has expressed that he would like a logo that it "friendly" and commercially viable, where the aggressiveness of the saw teeth might be leading it away from this direction. But what a great shape to play with.
Thanks, something more friendly Smiley

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:24:13 PM

Thanks, something more friendly Smiley

The middle of the H should follow the perspective of the cube. It looks odd like that.
pipipipopopo

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:32:17 PM

desuDeArimasu

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:57:38 PM

@desuDeArimasu - Clean animations man! Only thing I would suggest from a timing perspective is how much time the text is on the screen (particularly the longer bits of text).

Something I do when I time animating text on and off the screen is read it out loud to myself, clearly and slow-ish pace - I know for me when I animate text I get familiar with what it says quite easily and can end up speed reading the text and not trying to view it as someone reading it for the first time. Hope that helps.

(oh and the Ultra Secure screen - I think you are missing a space on the last line where it says "theeggs")

thanks. i try to do something with it :3
CoinExchange

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:02:21 PM

Update:

Latin
Heavy - Gravitas
Coin - Solidus
Secure - Cautela
Entrust - Credere
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:51:22 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 10:53:17 AM by Trivelius

updated version  Wink

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
mumbly

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:52:09 PM

I everyone,

Hope you all had a good day.

Nice work with your iterations today - all positive steps to my mind.

@pipipipopopo - great job man. From the first version of your latest design I'd really like to see one that pulls in to the cube shape as much as the first version is pushing it out. The Blue works well, I'd give a go to colouring all of the inside parts some kind of blue and see what you think of if. This is such nice work mate.

@CoinExchange - The new spacing of the words on the outer ring look really good to me man. I (personally) like it all being gold in the body and in the ring rather than the two colours. Either way, cool to see the other colour combinations.

Two ideas if they are of any interest to you:
- For both the shadows and the highlights in the center - they both go to full black and full white - maybe try pulling them back from 100% black/white to, say, 60% and see what you think.

- The main shape in the center, it feels to me like you might like to play with other shapes - maybe a shield shape would be interesting to you? https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1212&bih=820&q=shield+with+H&oq=shield+with+H&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i5l6j0i24.1045.3869.0.4181.13.12.0.1.1.1.546.1763.7j2j2j5-1.12.0....0...1ac.1.37.img..3.10.905.66PViViGeXo#q=shield+shape&safe=off&tbm=isch

Here are a few examples of an H on a shield. Only the first few responses are of any value, but I think you might like the idea of getting a shield shape you like and playing with how the H shape might fit in to them, they seem to go together pretty well:
"H on shield" image search: https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1212&bih=820&q=H+on+shield&oq=H+on+shield&gs_l=img.3...1279.3494.0.3604.11.8.0.3.0.1.249.854.5j1j2.8.0....0...1ac.1.37.img..5.6.559.tTMxlbHWeOs#q=H+on+shield+-wrestling+-circuit&safe=off&tbm=isch

@Trivelius

- I like the thicker border, maybe pull it back by 10%? Really, it's just splitting hairs at this point.

- The vertical alignment of the HC shape inside the circle might be too low? Are you basing the alignment on the top and bottom points of the shape? they look even, I'm looking at the corners of the shape - the two lower ones look closer then the top two - maybe split the difference?

At this point if I'm suggesting you move something by a few px, it's there man. The rest is subtle detail. If anyone else wants to add their thoughts I'd be interested to hear them, but I really can't think how this concept could be improved beyond the current state.

@BTCspoon - I saw your post just as I was submitting this - I'm going to sit with it for a little bit and see if I have any valid (read: not dumb) suggestions mate Smiley
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

Some amazing artwork in this thread
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:40:28 PM

Is it possible to not go over 250Ko per img, otherwise the forum proxy won't follow and the page will not load properly. Thx.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:32:52 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 09:26:31 PM by mymenace

example of an H on a shield.

and variation on previous design

minimal design

Grin
pipipipopopo

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:55:29 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 11:20:00 PM by pipipipopopo

One blue cube for you,

link
and something new Cheesy

link

flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

Is it possible to not go over 250Ko per img, otherwise the forum proxy won't follow and the page will not load properly. Thx.

Ahh so that's why I'm seeing all these broken links ...
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:19:12 AM

just an idea pretty rough, could be something there. feel free to run with an idea if it
inspires anything.  Smiley
mumbly

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:54:55 AM

Hey BTCspoon - really good point.

I tried to find some forum rules that explicitly say the threshold is 250kb - do you know if this is a rule or a recommendation?

I'm also having trouble seeing any of the submissions that have been sent in the last 24 hours.

Would everyone mind updating their posts with < 250kb images and see if it fixes this up?

Cheers,
M
BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:24:00 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 01:36:53 PM by BTCspoon

Hey BTCspoon - really good point.

I tried to find some forum rules that explicitly say the threshold is 250kb - do you know if this is a rule or a recommendation?

I'm also having trouble seeing any of the submissions that have been sent in the last 24 hours.

Would everyone mind updating their posts with < 250kb images and see if it fixes this up?

Cheers,
M

Hey mate, more a recommendation, let's say more an empirical finding: page with a jpg/png over 250ko in it, load properly ~40% of the time. Some sort of proxy timeout? not sure.
newtypeseed

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

awesome work
Thusith

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:44:39 PM

Great work. I like HVC.

HVC TO DA MOON. Grin Grin Grin

desuDeArimasu

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:30:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgBNIjcHXU&feature=youtu.be

added some fixes with timing. and text. i'm not shure with music and logo. and with english to.
say me, what to change, please :3

@pipipipopopo - great work.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: