Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HVC] Heavycoin Branding, Art and Media  (Read 10093 times)
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:48:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgBNIjcHXU&feature=youtu.be

added some fixes with timing. and text. i'm not shure with music and logo. and with english to.
say me, what to change, please :3

@pipipipopopo - great work.)

It's not CPU-only anymore. And make the text remain for a little longer, I can't read that fast. Wink

Otherwise very nice. I especially like the way the site's URL appears.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loicatraile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:20:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgBNIjcHXU&feature=youtu.be

added some fixes with timing. and text. i'm not shure with music and logo. and with english to.
say me, what to change, please :3

@pipipipopopo - great work.)

It's not CPU-only anymore. And make the text remain for a little longer, I can't read that fast. Wink

Otherwise very nice. I especially like the way the site's URL appears.

I think the video is ok but please change the music to something more serious or credible... when i hear it i want to kill myself  Shocked
desuDeArimasu

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

thanks for reply. i'll try to do something with it
keccak512 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:15:08 AM

Well done.  A few quick comments...

Pros:
Nice and unique
Good impact
Has color
Interesting
Nice to have different shape

Cons:
Toaster?

Pros:
Looks solid and tough
Interesting
Vaguely feels like it could be made into a locking mechanism of some kind?

Cons:
Varsity letter?

Overall: what do these logos convey about Heavycoin?
pipipipopopo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:33:42 AM

Thanks for distinction Smiley

This looks heavier

Full Size

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:14:23 AM

strength, security and simplicity....

P.S. I will experiment with proportions and color combinations

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
gitch212

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Hiya

Thought I'd throw some into the mix.
Lots of interesting subs already up.

Tried to keep it simple and bold, think of it kind of like an abstract wrecking ball in mid swing!
Colors are just a suggestion.

https://i.imgur.com/aktcxXV.png

https://i.imgur.com/wPGROix.png

Thanks
tinus42

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:19:55 PM

Hiya

Tried to keep it simple and bold, think of it kind of like an abstract wrecking ball in mid swing!

Thanks

I like this one much. It's a bare bones logo but the best logo's are usually like that.

mumbly

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:06:03 PM

Hi guys,

Another great day.

@BTCspoon - nice work continuing with this concept man - there's something I'm drawn to about the image on the right with the three vertical blocks - making the "H" in negative space - great idea.

For your second and third designs, I lean toward the third over the second, much easier to read that texture. Rather then float the red "C" above these, what do you think of burning it in to the design and making the C a glowing eye for the figure?

@mtmenace - cool example - rather than cutting off the H (it looks a little like giving it "fangs") what do you think of pulling back on the H shape so it can stand on the shield with some breathing room around it? Really interesting direction dude.

@pipipipopopo - I love the cube design man, rather then cutting in to the shape 100%, have you played around with only cutting in to it by 10%-20% ? You're doing a great job man, I (personally) love this design.

@dleader - Hey man! Thanks for submitting - don't play yourself down - That's a really cool concept. Can you think of any other iconic shapes to swap in for the elephant? It feels like swapping it with a close up of the shape of the elephant head could be interesting.

@Trivelius & @keccak512 - could someone explain to me Keccak's point about the varsity letters? I'm not American, I know of varsity letters, but in my head they are solid bold serif characters - could someone help me out here? (I think I'm missing a cultural reference).

@gitch212 - welcome on board! Excellent entry man - I love what you're saying about the idea of a wrecking ball in motion - nice job taking this shape and pulling it back to the bare essentials. To me, it still conveys the idea of the wrecking ball very well and shows motion - I agree with tinus42 100% here - this is the definition of an iconic design.

For the shape when it is shown on black, would you like to try taking a solid version of the shape, make it white, and blow it up by 5%-10% and put it behind the main shape as a pseudo stroke - that might make sure it sits really prominently on the black background.

Only other feedback I could suggest is *maybe* pull down the H character by 10%? That's the best I have - truly excellent work mate.

For all of those posting new logos - take another look at Keccak's last line - "Overall: what do these logos convey about Heavycoin?" - don't feel the need to fluff up something to make it work, but I'd be interested to hear how you approached your design, and what is the core value you focused on?

Anyone who posts and would like to share - I'd be very curious to see your answers.

Cheers,
M
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:47:49 PM

such good promotions, HVC  to the moon .
when i have spare time , will try to take a video .

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Unpropitious

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

Hi, I decided to contribute with a simple idea. I think that to be memorable you need to have simple design and since it's a currency, one needs a symbol for it. So I propose using Ħ the best already existing character I could find. This would give the opportunity to talk about the currency like 1000Ħ and so on. I included two design guides for the logo, one on dark backgrounds and the other on light backgrounds.
The color for example can easily be changed, one only needs to keep the outlines and it can be used on many different surfaces. This is key for a successful logo.

Digibyte - DJqZ4Ay8WmDptbgFKo8suRnKrKjX4Ezekt
pipipipopopo

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:06:44 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 08:01:20 PM by pipipipopopo

@pipipipopopo - I love the cube design man, rather then cutting in to the shape 100%, have you played around with only cutting in to it by 10%-20% ? You're doing a great job man, I (personally) love this design.
very good advice, i like it  Smiley
I've made some colour variants

NEW

This logo based on wallet i think its good idea for coin design

Full size

BTC: 13mTqrqLeg87XUcQFKgHBbnt9USsXiDEqk
keccak512 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:44:53 AM

Hiya

Thanks

Like the simplicity.  Wish the h were a bit more interesting, clever and unique (somehow).
tinus42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

Hiya

Thanks

Like the simplicity.  Wish the h were a bit more interesting, clever and unique (somehow).

Also use anti-aliasing. I notice the h is a bit pixelated.
delusiona1

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

Thanks for distinction Smiley

This looks heavier

Full Size

This is dope.

HVC: HAccgXrfMZdTsMZss47dAqZ82trPoeiiB7
BTC: 14SoM653x2iEEipDcHchimBfFXwbQUZ3fh
CoinExchange

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:22:27 AM

Update:

Thanks for the suggestions, let me know what you think.  Cool
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:41:19 AM

@mtmenace - cool example - rather than cutting off the H (it looks a little like giving it "fangs") what do you think of pulling back on the H shape so it can stand on the shield with some breathing room around it? Really interesting direction dude.

variation on the H and shield

Grin
mumbly

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:35:06 PM

Hey guys,

You all continue to excel. Hope you've had a great week and for those of you about to bravely start your Friday, hang in there Smiley

@Unpropitious - solid shapes man, here are some ideas to try out if you're in to it:
- See if you like it without the gradient (disclaimer: I have a personal dislike of gradients unless I feel they are really needed, so take that as subjective opinion)

- Try centering the character shape in the ring based on the top horizontal line in the H character rather then the shape as a whole?

- *maybe* try bumping up the thickness of the outer ring 10-20%? I looks like it might have some room to grow.

I'm 100% behind you with using a unicode symbol. Not a requirement from the devs, but if we find the right logo and it uses an existing unicode char I think it can be only good for us.

Otherwise I'd only suggest to play with colour combinations and see if you find any you like more than full black/white and full blue. I take your point that it can be any colour, but any suggestions you'd like to share I'd be interested to see.

@pipipipopopo - you're killing it dude - I love this. Even the black outer with white in the middle has a nice luminescence. I don't think I like the black with white more then the blue and red versions, but still very nice.

What do you think of painting the "cut in" sides of the cube to red/blue rather then white? So the outermost sides are white but every other surface is painted blue. I'm curious to see what this would look like, but I think it will be one of those things that improve the shape or kill it completely.

Last one - would you mind posting a picture of the cube if you turn the x axis 45 degrees left or right (so we can see the sideways T shape on the cube face)? I'd like to play around with measuring the proportions and see if I can offer any suggestions.

For the wallet logo idea - I like where your head is at, but worry that trying to work in the shape of the H with the typical square/rectangle wallet shape might be difficult to make work together, but by all means feel free to share any more experiments with this.

Only idea I had when looking at this is that you could give it some origami style shading so it looks like pieces folding over themselves - not a great idea, just throwing something out there Smiley

Back to your cube, I see in my head physical key chains or other physical versions of your logo some day. Good god they would look awesome.

Merchandising! I'm a marketing whore!

@glitch212 - I get what keccak512 is saying here, and how difficult it could be to find the 'it' he's talking about. If you'd like feel free to PM me if you would like someone to brainstorm with.

Also thanks tinus42 - I missed the pixels you pointed out but you're absolutely right, just that little bit of pixelation annoys you once you see it - glitch212 let us know if you're not sure what we're pointing out (take another look at the narrowing line connecting the lower case H as they meet).

@CoinExchange - nice work man, I like this more every time I see it. *personal preference* I like the second design, then the third, then the first. All of them I think are a huge step forward.

I'd personally like to see the bottom half of the shield wider - it might buy you more space to play around with the H shape.

@mymenace - I like this man - only suggestion I could make is to have the outer border of the shield a raised flat shape rather then a bevel and see if it makes the whole thing bolder. I'd also be interested to see the top two outer tips of the shield, say, 10% wider then the bottom half of the shape? Might be nothing there or hopefully could add some further "boldness".

Who removed their post? I saw something there questioning the general concept of logos currently - damn, I was thinking about the argument yesterday and was looking forward to responding. If you feel like re-posting it I would enjoy trying to respond.

Have a good one folks.

Cheers,
M
loicatraile

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:58:44 AM

Hi..
 I went through the old pages of the threads and i found this designs buried there.. so i post them here again. Think they deserve the credit.

Hi guys, I want to present my proposal for the logo design bounty. Feedback is of course appreciated. I hope you like it!

Posted this in the previous locked thread didn't get any love the first time thought I would include it here
Anyway

https://i.imgur.com/ha2yfSm.jpg

These were my basic logo ideas early on, I will expand upon them if people like the idea in general.

https://i.imgur.com/CwIntLe.png

https://i.imgur.com/B59FHH0.png
mumbly

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:19:27 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:05:05 AM by mumbly

Well, that escalated quickly

Would you like to let me know what you're talking about? FYI - feel free to assume I'm not reading this thread in IMAX...

I do appreciate that it's not all caps at least - you stay classy buddy.

Update:
Guys.. Here is my latest Trolling on the BTC section.. The original poster wanted to create a 10 Commandments of Bitcoin.  I trolled the thread by telling them I was offended as a Christisn.. It went on for three pages..  Trolls always liven up the talk here..  enjoy..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173919.new#new

Last thoughts:
You, saybia, have the chance to participate in a community based on revolutionary technology where some of the most important innovations in cryptography, hell, money, were presented to the world and you defaulted to "asshole" mode? Strong life decision dude, make sure to tell your grandchildren about that one.

I remember a time when trolling was an art, not just pretending to be functionally retarded on the Internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: