Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HVC] Heavycoin Branding, Art and Media  (Read 10093 times)
luckytiger

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

Hello designers,

First of all Keccak, Mumbly and me want to thank you for all great logo's you guys have submitted of these last weeks.

A few days ago, we have talked and have chosen the very few best of the logo's submitted.
The designers of those logo's have been contacted that their logo's have been chosen.

During the next week or so we will help those designers to perfect their logo's.
Because altough they were the best, they still had some minor cons.
But we will try to perfect their designs, during this period.

So if you havent been contacted you can assume your logo hasnt been chosen.
It is however possible during this final process to join those very few.
Because we will still comment on your logo's that you might still want to submit.
We are still open for anything, but we are trying to finish this contest.

If you have questions or comments feel free to send us a PM.

Greetings,

M & LT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinExchange

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:31:44 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 09:03:59 AM by CoinExchange

Vintage heavycoin style

Want your opinion, see if you like this designs. This coin was made to look more vintage.  Thanks!
Also here is a gallery of the other coins I submitted below.
http://postimg.org/gallery/1n3cwbz0/
mumbly

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:14:35 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:07:17 AM by mumbly

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while, Easter deadlines and such.

As LuckyTiger said in his post, and to address the legitimate concern raised by loicatraile, the developers have selected some designers to be shortlisted and we are working with them to see if we can arrive at a final design, but any designs that are submitted may still be added to this list.

It's a balance between finding the right logo for our coin and trying to do so in a timely manner, not always easy to do, we'll try our best.

Ideas for the latest designs (going backward in the timeline)

@CoinExchange (retro design) - the "H" shapes you're making are seriously cool man - for the last one where it ends in a point, there's something I like here, but maybe not ending in a tip, but cutting it off at some point?

The swirls on the outer rim of the coin look great man - maybe you could simplify them? It's a really good look, but simple might be better here

@pipipipopopo - dude, the rendering you're doing here is so damn good - the gold and leather renders look simply awesome. I *like* the H shape in the coin, but if I can be honest, I like your other submissions without the curves to the H shape (your cube logo is still my personal favourite, just so you know).

The last design with the text on the outer rim - I really like the idea - maybe try playing with some of the Latin quotes from a few pages back?

@CoinExchange (tron logo Smiley) - good evolution of the idea man. I would suggest that you could make the outer rim smaller and bring up the H shape (it's a really good shape, by the way). I don't know that you need the 1's & 0's on the inner H shape - good idea, but I think you might like just a solid H shape to stand out against the blue highlights.

@Kloks - your design with the "sphere with the H cut out" (middle section, right side from your Apr 9th post) looks so strong. Only distraction I see is that with the smaller space cut from the top then the bottom it maybe looks like it could be mistaken for a lower case i? Either way, I really like how the heavycoin text under the shape fits around it - great work.

@pipipipopopo (your tron logo Smiley ) looks cool - only thing I noticed is that the very left hand vertical line is the only one that doesn't turn to the right for the horizontal bar - is this a design choice, or maybe it made the horizontal bar too thick?

@CoinExchange (safe design). Dude, this is such a great insight - the safe idea is really nice. I would be tempted to suggest for this design that you try walking away from the H shape completely and try focusing on the safe aspect - it speaks to the security and safety aspect of the coin really well. You might end up putting the H back in there, but I think you'll have some interesting results if you keep playing with the safe idea.

Really good to be back guys, and sorry again for being quiet without explanation - just got busy very quickly. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
M
CoinExchange

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:46:28 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 10:46:01 PM by CoinExchange

Thanks for your response, here are some of the changes.

Updated "H" simplified design

Updated "Tron" Version

Updated "Vault" with "H" removed  V1 & V2

Let me know what you think, Thanks!
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:53:42 AM

Undecided micro manage much?
mumbly

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

Undecided micro manage much?

Who? me? No I'm just offering suggestions man, the guys can take it or leave it. You can, and are welcome, to do the same. I'm just trying to make sure that people who are going to the effort of posting something get some feedback.

Check out the front page - I have no say on which way the developers go, just trying to offer ideas to the guys who are contributing.

CoinExchange

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:20:41 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:15:12 AM by CoinExchange

Ok, last one. I started this a couple of week’s back and I just wanted to finish what I started. This one retains the 'H' logo with a new style that conveys the seriousness of the security feature, with some additional details. Any comment please send via PM, Thanks!

mumbly

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:44:31 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 02:35:46 PM by mumbly

Hey guys!

It feels good to be back in my happy place Smiley

Apologies, I should have posted this yesterday but some drama came up at work. A client was malfunctioning so I had to turn them off and on again...

Down to business.

Ok - Welcome to the next round of the logo design competition - not exactly where we thought this would be, but part of the larger plan to get this thing finished up.

The catch up:

- A few weeks ago, we announced that the devs had selected a few logos as part of a shortlist and we would try to get these logos to a finished state, while also welcoming any new ideas, should we feel they should also be shortlisted.

- What happened - We had two designs which were shortlisted, and lost contact with both of the designers almost straight away. We took a week or so to confirm we weren't hearing from the designers, a week or so to figure out a plan, then a week or so to communicate our next steps to the designers and give them appropriate time to respond.

- One of the designers got in touch to let us know that he's sorry, but his own work is far too busy for him to keep working on the design.

- The other designer we haven't heard from, as of two days ago the window for them to respond to our proposed next steps expired with fair warning, and so now we are moving on.

To take a moment - It's going to be pretty obvious who these designers are, so I just want to make sure to confirm - I've exchanged messages with both of these guys and they are both cool, talented people - things just didn't turn out the way any of us wanted.  They are both 100% golden in my book.

Next phase of the competition - finding someone to get us home.

Here are the two shortlisted designs, and the criticisms of them (both are pretty great, no criticism is that big)

1) Circle design:

Dev Feedback:
- Looks friendly and has color
- A bit boring, nothing special or clever going on.

Other feedback I've gotten:
- Needs polish - make sure the size of all the bars relate to each other by %
- The Serif font for the logo and the sans-serif font for the text don't usually work well together

2) Weight design:

Dev Feedback:
- Some unique geometry going on, a bit clever, could be better
- Lacks color

Other feedback I've gotten:
- Looks too "graffiti-ish"
- The circle around the shape could probably be removed and replaced by a rounded rectangle as a backing shape

The Plan

So I feel that we need to respect the work that's already gone in to these logos, but also need to reward someone for getting the design finished. Here's where we've landed:

- Any person on this forum can take these logos and try to clean them up

- There are no source files, you'll need to re-draw the designs to work on them

- Please feel free to post any ideas for cleaning up the logo, we'll find people who look like they are doing a good job and then announce another short list to work with these designers to finally finish the logo

The reward

If you take one of these logos and finish it with us, the reward is:

- 15,000HVC for the origional logo creator (50% of the bounty)

- 15,000HVC to the logo designer who takes this logo and finishes the comp (50% of the bounty)

What now

- Play with these logos as much as you like, and feel free to share your work for feedback here from both us and other members.

- To claim the bounty, you will need to polish the logo but also create brand guidelines for the logo use

- I am 100% committed to helping any designers close to winning the comp writing the brand guidelines (I'll help you and be the first layer of approval, then we pass to devs for the final sign off)

Sorry for the essay, I hope this at least gives everyone a clear picture of what's happened and what we need now.

There are too many words in this thread, let's start posting some pictures Smiley

Cheers,
M
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:22:03 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 02:16:50 PM by TheRealSteve

Thought I'd mess with that second one a bit.  Divided the letters up in blocks (get it? get it?? try the lobster!), which also conveniently creates upward chevrons (status, evoking upward motion).  Kept the perspective that gives it weight, added a sort-of border that gives it a building-like look (evokes strength), threw some color (too much green/blue in the crypto world - and the red combined with the overall shape gives it a 'superman' sort of feel) in there.  Should abstract reasonably into bilevel, 16x16, 24x24 icon is challenging if the 'HC' is to be kept legible - would recommend using a bi-level red shape with the white border, even for 32x32.

cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:40:23 PM

https://ayarscloud.tonidoid.com/urlrsjwvi

What about a combination of the two. (sorry just real quickly done in paint)
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 11:11:01 PM by TheRealSteve

( Cleaned that red/white one up a bit further - if anybody wants to mess with it, SVG file here: http://imgh.us/hvc_logo_noguides.svg .  Originally in Inkscape.  Note that I removed the perspective guides to keep the file a bit smaller, you can recreate them from the shapes using Inkscape (Ctrl+D, Shift+G)
Edit: Looks like I forgot to change the joins to Round - make sure you do so if working with that file - gets rid of the nasty jags at sharp angles. )

CoinExchange

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:10:13 AM

CoinExchange

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 07:09:16 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 11:26:42 PM by CoinExchange

New look.

Black background

Comments are welcomed!

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:13:23 PM

I do like that blue one (2nd from top).  The one on the black background seems to have had a gradient mishap, though? (darker in the center)

CoinExchange

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:28:48 PM

I do like that blue one (2nd from top).  The one on the black background seems to have had a gradient mishap, though? (darker in the center)

Thanks Smiley! Have fixed the one mentioned.
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:46:31 PM

There we go - lovin' that one Smiley

CoinExchange

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:01:39 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 12:01:29 AM by CoinExchange

We'll start with blue first. Attached is the original with five different revisions numbered below. Smiley

Original for comparison

Revision #1

Revision #2

Revision #3

Revision #4

Revision #5

Revision #6 Note: Changes from chrome to grey rims with upper highlight.
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:35:37 AM

I like the slim edge of the original best

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: