Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans Alex Jones and others  (Read 396 times)
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:09:40 PM

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/tech/facebook-ban-louis-farrakhan-infowars-alex-jones-milo-laura-loomer/index.html

Facebook (that also owns instagram) is completely banning some right opinion makers like Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos with an official reason of "promoting violence". Which is obviously bullshit.
With a current level of society digitalization do you feel that those centralized corporations got too much power over common people?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 04:15:08 PM

If it is not clear yet, we are currently in the stage of modern book burning and unpersoning. Once they have proven these methods acceptable for the figureheads, the general population is next. This is the global version of the Chinese social credit score, and it is here for YOU.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 09:55:29 PM

If it is not clear yet, we are currently in the stage of modern book burning and unpersoning. Once they have proven these methods acceptable for the figureheads, the general population is next. This is the global version of the Chinese social credit score, and it is here for YOU.
It seems like it ...
The politicians need to do something against that, i don't want to live in a black mirror episode
What can we the citizens do about those things, other than to live in apathy and accept it like the majority of people does?

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:24:21 AM

We have to wait for response from the owner of the Facebook account that was ban, Alex Jones that I know will not let this just go like that he most take action and investigate why his personal Facebook account will be ban just like. If he has not gone wring against the policy of Facebook to warrant the ban
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 10:19:26 AM

Most people on the left are mentally sick by now. Not only should these big corporations be sliced into peaces, there should be legalisation preventing this kind of nonsense (as well as hefty fines in % of total market capitalization). Facebook et. al. of today are the town square of yesterday. Don't bullshit with the "private companies" crap when there are next-to-no alternatives.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 11:04:46 AM

It seems like it ...
The politicians need to do something against that, i don't want to live in a black mirror episode
What can we the citizens do about those things, other than to live in apathy and accept it like the majority of people does?

Raise hell over this, tell everyone you know. Start posting #Icondemnalexjones with a new story URL every day. Find ways to break their filters. Call your representatives. Stop spending money with/on their services. Stop using them.
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:57:27 PM

Most people on the left are mentally sick by now. Not only should these big corporations be sliced into peaces, there should be legalisation preventing this kind of nonsense (as well as hefty fines in % of total market capitalization). Facebook et. al. of today are the town square of yesterday. Don't bullshit with the "private companies" crap when there are next-to-no alternatives.
It feels like the only logical solution for that problem is creating some kind of Internet Bill of Rights. Considering how much our electronic identities are influencing our lives people may get their basic internet rights fixed in the law like they did with the other rights.
But the bad thing is that such solutions are possible only in the US because it is the only country with a free speech.
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:11:04 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 07:45:21 PM by robbylove

Facebook's Censorship NIGHTMARE Is About To Get WORSE (FB Coin)

Snoop Dogg Defends Louis Farrakhan Over Facebook Ban: ‘Ban Me Motherf*****’

“So Facebook and Instagram just banned Minister Louis Farrakhan. I want to know for what. All he ever did was tell the truth. But y’all are going to ban him though. Alright, what if we ban y’all?” Snoop Dogg said in a video posted on Instagram (which is owned by Facebook, Inc.)

“What if we stop f****** with y’all, Facebook and Instagram? How the f*** y’all going to ban Minister Louis Farrakhan for putting truth out there? I stand with him, I’m with him. Ban me motherf*****," he continued.

Snoop added that he plans on continuing to post Farrakhan’s content.

“F*** y’all that got a problem with him. Sorry about that Minister, I had to— I had to bang for you. I know you don’t permit that. But that ain’t right. It’s not right. There is a bunch of motherf*****s that y’all could ban but y’all choose Minister Louis Farrakhan,” Snoop Dogg concluded.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46781/snoop-dogg-defends-louis-farrakhan-over-facebook-kassy-dillon

James Woods Banned From Twitter As Silicon Valley Zaps Conservative 2020 Influencers

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-03/james-woods-banned-twitter-silicon-valley-zaps-conservative-2020-influencers

Black Mirror...

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:53:22 PM

It seems like it ...

Raise hell over this, tell everyone you know. Start posting #Icondemnalexjones with a new story URL every day. Find ways to break their filters. Call your representatives. Stop spending money with/on their services. Stop using them.
Like i've said almost nobody cares about these issues, and especially not about alexjones whom i don't really like but his deplatforming is setting a terrible precedent.
I don't use Facebook , how can we wake up the majority of people who don't care about anything?

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:17:50 PM

It seems like it ...

Like i've said almost nobody cares about these issues, and especially not about alexjones whom i don't really like but his deplatforming is setting a terrible precedent.
I don't use Facebook , how can we wake up the majority of people who don't care about anything?

Do you have friends and family members using Facebook? Are they sharing their contact lits? If yes then you have a shadow profile on Facebook.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:23:06 PM

The true solution to this is creative innovation, fueled by perhaps anger at these abuses of power by those in internet monopolistic positions.

A la Satoshi, and what he created at least in part fueled by anger at governments' handling of the 2000 era financial crisis.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:41:48 PM

The true solution to this is creative innovation, fueled by perhaps anger at these abuses of power by those in internet monopolistic positions.

A la Satoshi, and what he created at least in part fueled by anger at governments' handling of the 2000 era financial crisis.

Tucker: Big tech has launched an attack on your rights

https://youtu.be/m9BiTV9vvZ4

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:21:49 AM

Tucker: Big tech has launched an attack on your rights

https://youtu.be/m9BiTV9vvZ4

Do you hear Biden complaining and saying he will do something about this censorship? Nope.

Booker? Nope.

Saunders? Nope.

Pocahontas? Nope.

Any of the Dem wannabes? Nope.

Trump? Hell YES!!!!

https://www.apnews.com/4d9c8e4e4211410c87807f6cf0f5f57a

President Donald Trump criticized social media companies after Facebook banned a number of extremist figures, declaring that he was “monitoring and watching, closely!!”

Trump, who tweeted and re-tweeted complaints Friday and Saturday, said he would “monitor the censorship of AMERICAN CITIZENS on social media platforms.” He has previously asserted that social media companies exhibit bias against conservatives, something the companies have rejected as untrue.

The president’s comments came after Facebook this week banned Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other extremists, saying they violated its ban on “dangerous individuals.” The company also removed right-wing personalities Paul Nehlen, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson and Laura Loomer, along with Jones’ site, Infowars, which often posts conspiracy theories. The latest bans apply both to Facebook’s main service and to Instagram and extend to fan pages and other related accounts.

Facebook’s move signaled renewed effort by the social media giant to remove people and groups promoting objectionable material such as hate, racism and anti-Semitism. The company said it has “always banned” people or groups that proclaim a violent or hateful mission or are engaged in acts of hate or violence, regardless of political ideology.

On Twitter, Trump cited a number of individuals he said were being unfairly treated by social media companies, including Watson and actor James Woods. He insisted it was “getting worse and worse for Conservatives on social media!”

Woods, one of Hollywood’s most outspoken conservatives, has had his Twitter account locked. Twitter spokeswoman Katie Rosborough said Woods will need to delete a tweet that violated Twitter rules before he can be reinstated.

Trump tweeted: “How can it be possible that James Woods (and many others), a strong but responsible Conservative Voice, is banned from Twitter? Social Media & Fake News Media, together with their partner, the Democrat Party, have no idea the problems they are causing for themselves. VERY UNFAIR!”

Rosborough said Twitter enforces its rules “impartially for all users, regardless of their background or political affiliation.”.

Expect this nonsense to continue right into the 2020 election cycle as these clowns try one more time to steal an election.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 05:33:43 AM

With a current level of society digitalization do you feel that those centralized corporations got too much power over common people?

In reality , these corporation are huge because of huge masses are using them/following them. They get their power from common peoples.
If we all stop using their service that they will have no power  but people are now addicted to use their platform.

Do "addicts" makes sane choices?

I am alive
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 06:29:29 AM

It feels like the only logical solution for that problem is creating some kind of Internet Bill of Rights. Considering how much our electronic identities are influencing our lives people may get their basic internet rights fixed in the law like they did with the other rights.
But the bad thing is that such solutions are possible only in the US because it is the only country with a free speech.
Any kind of bill or legalisation is useless if it isn't enforced by really heavy fines on huge corporations. A step in the right direction are the GDPR's fines, but even those are just a drop in the bucket.

How do you plan on doing that vs. an enemy that is many times more armed with capital than you are?

Trump? Hell YES!!!!
Most people that got banned/removed helped Trump win the last election. I believe this is a culling for 2020.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:52:09 PM

How do you plan on doing that vs. an enemy that is many times more armed with capital than you are?
Satoshi, one man....took on the entire world's banking system.

It's not impossible that Facebook goes the way of Myspace and Friendster.

Most people that got banned/removed helped Trump win the last election. I believe this is a culling for 2020.
Yes, that's correct.

And Trump understands the issue. Not the "Republican Party." Trump.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 03:51:35 PM

Satoshi, one man....took on the entire world's banking system.
Taking on something is not the same as beating it. Taking on a social media platform doesn't require that much capital (assuming you don't want to be a money burning startup).

It's not impossible that Facebook goes the way of Myspace and Friendster.
True.

Yes, that's correct.

And Trump understands the issue. Not the "Republican Party." Trump.
The two party system of the US is a puppet scam. Only kool-aid drinkers believe in it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 04:01:25 PM

All these sanctions reduce the sanctioner, and are often counter-productive by strengthening the sanctioned. Washington's actions are creating more problems for the US, than for Russia, China and many of the other countries it is attacking. The same seems to be happening with Facebook, YouTube, and the like.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 04:05:06 PM

We have to wait for response from the owner of the Facebook account that was ban, Alex Jones that I know will not let this just go like that he most take action and investigate why his personal Facebook account will be ban just like. If he has not gone wring against the policy of Facebook to warrant the ban

Well if you’re going to wait for Mark to answer you’ll be waiting for an eternity, of course he’s not going to be answering this in public. I feel the actions of Facebook are unjustified and should be challenged, basically now Facebook will decide what we should see, hear or speak which is unacceptable. The criticism by Trump is welcome and I hope he takes some legal actions against Facebook.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 05:47:22 PM

All these sanctions reduce the sanctioner, and are often counter-productive by strengthening the sanctioned. Washington's actions are creating more problems for the US, than for Russia, China and many of the other countries it is attacking. The same seems to be happening with Facebook, YouTube, and the like.
The US have been known for creating war and solving them so all this are political jimix that is channel towards am individual and now dragging the ties between two country a part creating problems they might not be able to solve and also putting the whole country peace at risk.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: