Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethnocrypt.com : Scamming Site  (Read 160 times)
Inkarias (OP)

Activity: 239
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:00:01 PM

Hello everyone ,

Just writing a short message to warn you about Ethnocrypt.com site & some messages you could receive on discord by some random users. Don't fall in that trap

Today , a discord member named "Is done crypto#5065" sent me a private message on discord :

"I earned a little crypto on one exchange, but I can not withdraw this money.
I made too many transactions and was blocked to withdraw money for suspicion of spam or something like that, i am not good in crypto, sorry....
Can I transfer to you my crypto(1.84 BTC) on this site, after which you withdraw them out for me and leave yourself a commission of 15% for help?"

At this point , i was almost sure it was a future scam attempt but i wanted to play a bit with that person so i chatted more & found out it was clearly one.
I made a fake email/password/btc address to go further. I'll try to sum up the whole process.

Someone contact you on any social network/software asking for help on this site
Once you create an account & add your addresses , that person send you the bitcoin amount ( 1,84 here)
The person asks you to withdraw to your personal wallet outside the site to send it to another address. And here is the catch: To withdraw anything from the site , you need to deposit 0.02 BTC.

Extra informations :

- It's a copy of cex.io
- A lot of grammatical errors on the site
- A roulette game where you win 90% of the time.
- A live chat showing the Yobit real chat , changing name and adding avatars.
- The best moment was with the live support . I was really having fun with the person on discord when he sent me a picture of his screen with a NYPD Jacket threatening me.
The story he tells is really non-sense.

Even the live support said i was acting suspiciously when i just asked a simple question about deposit while i was arguing with the scammer.
- Tried to get deposit proof & any TX ID , which is impossible to find anywhere on site of course. He tried really hard , but i think he finally figured out that i wouldn't pay anything on the site.

Whois : https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=ethnocrypt.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 07:16:05 PM

Oh another one. It's getting common now and I guess it's the same guy working behind these traps: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106397.0

Someone with basic level of sense will be always be able to figure out and not fall for it if they are not greedy enough.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1211

Heisenberg

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:57:47 PM

Oh another one. It's getting common now and I guess it's the same guy working behind these traps: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106397.0

Someone with basic level of sense will be always be able to figure out and not fall for it if they are not greedy enough.

Do not fall for it... it's a common scam trick at the moment.
Looks like we have someone else who was contacted here.

2 days ago, a stranger sent me a message via Telegram, his nickname is @Joji .
The first, he told me that his country has banned cryptocurrencies. He asked me to help him withdraw bitcoin from spentrade.com . I accepted so I created an account on this website.
He transferred 0.7 btc from his account to my account and asked me make a withdrawal. I did what he said but spentrade.com has frozen my account and asked me deposit 0.02 btc( or 0.7 Eth) to unfreeze.
I told him this issue, and his answer is " he don't has money to solve it, he want me deposit 0.02btc to unfreeze and will pay back".
I saw two problem in here: I don't recieve confirmation email from spentrade.com when I registered, and in the past I created another account to tested with the same email.Of course I refused him.
I can not find any review about this website on google.
Do you guys know about this website?

Check out the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5141867.0

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██