Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:58:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plagiarism Indepth Discussion (Isang paalala)  (Read 225 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KualaBit (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:35:24 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2019, 05:23:20 AM by KualaBit
Merited by BitcoinPanther (1)

Narito ang isang thread para sa   [MGA TIP] para maiwasan ang plagiarism

Marami akong napapansin sa mga topic ngayon sa Bitcointalk na halos copy pasted ang content ng kanilang thread.  Nais ko lang na ipaalam na alam ko ang naisin ng bawat isa na magbigay impormasyon sa mga miyembro nito subalit nais ko ring ipaalala na maaring may katapat na responsibilidad ang mga gawaing ganito.  Maaring bumabagsak na pala tayo sa tinatawag na plagiarism  ng hindi natin nalalaman kung kaya ginawa ko ang topic na ito bilang paalala sa mga masisipag nating kapwa Pinoy member ng forum na ito .

Simulan natin sa definition ng plagiarism:

According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, to "plagiarize" means:
to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
to use (another's production) without crediting the source
to commit literary theft
to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

Masasabi nating meron namang source ang ginawa nati, pero ang tanong, nilagyan ba natin ito ng sipi ang bahagi na kinopya natin??

All of the following are considered plagiarism:
turning in someone else's work as your own
copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source is usually enough to prevent plagiarism. See our section on citation for more information on how to cite sources properly.

Subalit:

Bigyan nating pansin ang bolded part.
Masasabi palang plagiarism pa rin ang isang bagay kahit na binigyan natin siya ng credit o sinabi natin siya ay source kung ang malaking bahagi ng ating ginawa ay kinopya natin sa ating source, what more pa kaya kung iyon na mismo ang ating kinopya kahit na nilagay natin sila bilang source.

Para maiwasan na magkaroong ng Plagiarism:

The legality of these situations, and others, would be dependent upon the intent and context within which they are produced. The two safest approaches to take in regards to these situations is:
1) Avoid them altogether or
2) Confirm the works’ usage permissions and cite them properly.

Sinasabing mas mabuting iwasan ang gawain ng pangngopya o di kaya ay magpaalam sa may akda na iyong kokopyahin at huwag nating kalimutang lagyan ng sipi ang bawat talata o parirala na ating kokopyahin.

Maari nyong alamin ang higit pang detalye patungkol sa plagiarism sa site na ito: https://www.plagiarism.org

Ang pagsalin sa ibang wika ay hindi gawang plagiarism hanggat binibigyan natin ng credit ang orihinal na may akda.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:36:49 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 05:16:29 PM by Bttzed03

Isang magandang paalala.

Natuwa naman ako sa mga naka-bold letters. Kesa kopyahin ang karamihan ng words at ilagay ang source, mas mainam na i-quote na lang tapos magbigay ng sariling opinyon. Maganda din na intindihin muna natin yung content para mas maipaliwanag ng maayos ng hindi na kailangn mangopya pa.
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:46:19 AM

naalala ko lang before about sa plagiarism e may isang local member dto saatin at nanghihingi ng merit which is bawal in the first place, may mga nagsasabi kung paano makakaearn ng merit at sinasabi na quality post ang gawin, after non nakita ko sunod sunod yung post nya na at di biro yung mga post na masasabi mong quality nung sinearch ko kinopya nya lang sa mga natabunang thread at ipapaste,siguro may nagreport kaya pag tingin ko burado na lahat ng kinopya nya.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:43:16 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

Right. Always give credit to the original source. That's what I always bear in mind. Personally, if I don't have enough knowledge on something that I want to give a comment or reply or feedback, it has been my habit to do just a bit of research regarding the topic so that I can provide an informative response. Afterwards, I try to reflect on what I have read, I try to ask myself what I have learned about it and then I create my response. I use my own words in expressing my thoughts. And if I include the exact wordings from an article, I make sure that it is enclosed in quotation marks and then cite the author at the end of the post.

I don't mean to brag or anything in this response. I just wanted to share what I do, personally, to avoid plagiarism. And I hope others will learn from it too. In addition to that, this in depth talk about plagiarism would really help and guide others, especially those who are new, in their journey of gaining and sharing knowledge and eventually, ranking up.
KualaBit (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:14:13 PM

Right. Always give credit to the original source. That's what I always bear in mind.

I fully agree, but one thing that I had known recently is that giving credit is not enough if you are copying almost majority of his work without asking permission.  It is the same as stealing since in an internet, traffic is everything.  Who would be happy that you are getting part of the traffic that the article should get after copy pasting the whole content to your site.

copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Personally, if I don't have enough knowledge on something that I want to give a comment or reply or feedback, it has been my habit to do just a bit of research regarding the topic so that I can provide an informative response. Afterwards, I try to reflect on what I have read, I try to ask myself what I have learned about it and then I create my response. I use my own words in expressing my thoughts. And if I include the exact wordings from an article, I make sure that it is enclosed in quotation marks and then cite the author at the end of the post.

This is the way to go.

I just wanted to share what I do, personally, to avoid plagiarism. And I hope others will learn from it too. In addition to that, this in depth talk about plagiarism would really help and guide others, especially those who are new, in their journey of gaining and sharing knowledge and eventually, ranking up.

I hope all of us can learn from this discussion.  I am inviting senior members who are knowledgeable about the topic to step up and share their opinion and knowledge and how we can improve ourselves in avoiding  plagiarism.  

TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:15:47 AM

Pwede ka naman kasing mag quote tapos lagay mo ung source or yung link sa baba. Then lagay mo ung thoughts mo para maganda ang discussions. Ang problema kasi ng mga newbies kopya dito kopya dun para magkamerit lang tapos sa huli mahuhuli rin. So sayang ang effort mo dahil banned ka na for copy and paste.

So kung may nakita kayang nag copy and paste ng hindi nilagay ang source pwede nyong gamitin ung "Report to Moderator", or kung gusto nyo post nyo sa thread ni Loyce dito.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 09:13:13 AM

Lagi namang paalala yan na kapag hindi sayo ang content mo sa post laging magbigay credit sa source at palawakin ang isipan para magkaron ka ng sarili mong opinion ukol sa bagay na iyon.

Labag sa rules ang plagiarism at maari kang ma perma ban once mapatunayan ang iyong pagkakamali kaya dapat mag ingat sa bawat post na ginagawa.

Mas mabuti pang magsariling sikap at mag research sa thread na gustong replayan para magkaron ng idea na appropriate at on point para sa topic.

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:06:51 AM

Salamat sa link na binigay mo OP, akala ko na bigyan lang ng kredito o ilagay lang ang link ng source ay ok na at ligtas na sa kaso ng plagiarism.  Ngayon ko lang nalaman na kapag kinopya pala ang kabuoan ng artikulo kahit na bigyan ng kredito ang may-akda ay pwede pa rin pala akong ihabla ng plagiarism. 
efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:47:34 AM

Nako medyo kumplikado pala talaga ang plagiarism, kahit pala mag bigay ng credit pwede parin akusahan ng plagiarizing kaya mas maganda na sigurong gumawa nalang ng sariling content at kumuha ng konting idea sa isang paksa na nabasa mo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: