Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:19:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining software false positive  (Read 113 times)
Two4D2 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:25:49 PM

I just have a quick question about crypto mining.

Is it possible to make a mining software that would not trigger antiviruses with false positive? I am trying to make a cool program that would include crypto mining but dont want the whole program to show up as a virus when it is downloaded.
Jating

Activity: 2954
Merit: 822

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:58:59 PM

Is it possible to make a mining software that would not trigger antiviruses with false positive? I am trying to make a cool program that would include crypto mining but dont want the whole program to show up as a virus when it is downloaded.

I don't think there's a way to prevent those anti-virus to trigger those so called false positives.

Why are you afraid of false positives though? If your program are clean then I guess it's ok to see anti virus flagging them down. I just hope that it's open source as well so that everyone can see why those anti viruses are triggered. Goodluck!!!
Two4D2 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 11:22:48 PM

I don't think there's a way to prevent those anti-virus to trigger those so called false positives.

Why are you afraid of false positives though? If your program are clean then I guess it's ok to see anti virus flagging them down. I just hope that it's open source as well so that everyone can see why those anti viruses are triggered. Goodluck!!!

Well I am trying to integrate a miner into different software and an anti-virus flagging is a huge issue in the nice that the software would be in.
Jating

Activity: 2954
Merit: 822

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:43:00 PM

Well I am trying to integrate a miner into different software and an anti-virus flagging is a huge issue in the nice that the software would be in.

The only way I can think of is really contacting the anti-virus firm to fix their false positives about your software. It's a bit tricky though and I'm not sure if developers have successful done this before.

It's a long shot but you might as well give it a try.
Two4D2 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:43:11 PM

The only way I can think of is really contacting the anti-virus firm to fix their false positives about your software. It's a bit tricky though and I'm not sure if developers have successful done this before.

It's a long shot but you might as well give it a try.

Also a good suggestion which I will try to focus on Smiley

Thanks.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:08:26 PM

my opinion is mining is not been a profitable business anymore because the friend is to be expired and the profit is very very low when comparing to the current situation with the previous situation the difference will be definitely been changed while the mining is to be make money very very low.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: