Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the chance that Satoshi Nakamoto will ever be found? <future improved technology>
100% - 4 (6.1%)
80% - 1 (1.5%)
50% - 8 (12.1%)
25% - 1 (1.5%)
0% - 41 (62.1%)
I do not care :-> - 11 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will they ever find Satoshi Nakamoto? Make your prediction...  (Read 13130 times)
Omnipotent1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:39:20 AM

Probably in 50 years when he's long dead. There will be an ambitious investigative reporter who will dig everywhere and make a legitimate connection.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:21:32 AM

Satoshi has made himself anonymous from the beginning, and he knew exactly what he signed up for by creating the bitcoin, and therefore he defiantly has hidden any trace of his identity or anything that might lead to his real identity, therefore id on't think that he will ever be found, if people false claiming that hey are satoshi got this much attention imagine if the real one was revealed, the world would actually burn on fire, so i don't think he will reveal himself even to his dying breath.
Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:25:10 AM

mybe no, i see in news information Satoshi nakamoto has gone for longlest time, i sure not people can find satoshi nakamoto, unless he will attend in many people

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
cok_elat

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 04:46:28 AM

Lately there are many people obsessed with finding Satoshi Nakamoto again and the research that they are doing is getting very detailed in comparison with the research that I have seen from previous years.

Do you think with the improvement of forensic technology and analysis, that it would be possible to find Satoshi Nakamoto in the future?

I am amazed with the research that was done so far and I think we would eventually get very close to Satoshi Nakamoto's real identity. The reason why I say this is based on how DNA technology helped to solve many crimes, after it was developed and used in 1986. Lately they even found Serial murderers based on their genetic link to family members who had their DNA logged on some medical database.  Roll Eyes

So please make your prediction and decide if you think that there are a good chance that Satoshi's real identity might be discovered in the future?

Let's discuss.  Wink
I think it will be very difficult to find out who is Satoshi Nakamoto, even though it was still possible to find it. DNA technology can't make it easier to find who is Satoshi because it can be Satoshi Nakamoto is only a name for 2 people or groups, not individuals
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:03:15 AM

Satoshi decided to keep himself anonymous so I believe he will do everything to stay anonymous. If there are many people tries to find him then it is their own right but I believe Satoshi knows how to stay anonymous as long as he wish. So I can say that the chance for others to find him is almost 0% unless he decide to reveal himself in the future.

Yes, it is his decision to make his identity anonymous and we should respect it. It would be better not to try to find out who he is unless Satoshi willing to reveal it someday.

pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:34:21 AM

Wait, I thought Craig is the real Satoshi  Undecided

LOL, I am kidding, he can be a Faketoshi though  Grin . I don't care is Satoshi is eventually found or not because it will not change how bitcoin is working right now.
Satoshi left bitcoin for itself to grow which is why I think he won't return. It wouldn't be easy to find him given that he is anonymous till date.
I wonder why people are so eager to find his identity. He is just a normal human being who did something good for the world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:53:16 AM

Probably in 50 years when he's long dead. There will be an ambitious investigative reporter who will dig everywhere and make a legitimate connection.
If you cannot find someone when he is alive, there is no way anyone could dig his grave and find the truth  Tongue. In the past few years we had many connections from investigative journalist about Satoshi and everyone turned out to be just fictitious and one of them brought out the Craig White syndrome which we are dealing till now  Cheesy. If Satoshi wants to reveals himself he will do so by proving himself by signing in the genesis block other than that there is no point in chasing a ghost.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:56:40 AM

I really do not care. It's best to just leave the guy/s and respect his/her/their decision to stay anonymous. He/She/They will come out if they wanted to. Bitcoin will move forward with or without him/her/them anyway.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:12:07 AM

Wait, I thought Craig is the real Satoshi  Undecided
^ Lol forgot that who pretend and claim real Nakamoto he is a lazy one.
Well, we can't predict earlier maybe soon will trace the real identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. But as of now, it has zero chances to find him/them, he can still hiding as an anonymous founder of bitcoin.

I really do not care. It's best to just leave the guy/s and respect his/her/their decision to stay anonymous. He/She/They will come out if they wanted to. Bitcoin will move forward with or without him/her/them anyway.
That's why he/they left Bitcoin open source code so that anyone can modify on it and improve. I would rather not waste my time on searching the founder of Bitcoin, besides, we are thankful to the founder of bitcoin he/they discover a great digital currency.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:43:43 AM

That's why he/they left Bitcoin open source code so that anyone can modify on it and improve. I would rather not waste my time on searching the founder of Bitcoin, besides, we are thankful to the founder of bitcoin he/they discover a great digital currency.
I am not supporting anyone who is after Satoshi Nakamoto when he wanted privacy, i understand the sentiment that he left the source code open so that anyone could modify, but have you ever imagined, if someone or a team could come up with something that no one ever thought will have a solution (double spending) and if he has the intellect to built something from scratch, do you think that he did not have a solution for the transaction bottle necks, some things have spooked him and so is the reason he went hiding and if he was active i am sure we could have got solutions and the development should progress in a smooth way.
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 06:49:11 AM

I go 0%.  In addition to the value of bitcoin and even issues that are closely related to blockchain technology.  they will want to remain anonymous with countless reasons.  with the advancement of medical technology.  Perhaps, he has become a more youthful person.  That's the biggest mystery in the blockchain world, similar to MH370 of the airline industry.
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 07:00:10 AM

I'm not sure, i think satoshi nakamoto isn't just a single person. I guess it's a group of people. Maybe they found already one, maybe Craig was involved in an outer circle, he is just seeking for attention. Roll Eyes
But i really think the deeper group members are still anonymous and a few of them will be found one day.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 06:59:42 AM

I'm not sure, i think satoshi nakamoto isn't just a single person. I guess it's a group of people. Maybe they found already one, maybe Craig was involved in an outer circle, he is just seeking for attention. Roll Eyes
But i really think the deeper group members are still anonymous and a few of them will be found one day.
The way in which you describe things looks like it is a deep conspiracy to create a new market like bitcoin, there is no deeper group and outer group and it is not created by any crime syndicate  Cheesy. Someone created the entire platform and went offline leaving everything to the initial developers who became interested in it during the initial phase after the release of the white paper, Craig has no involvement until he proves other wise and till now he never gave any valid proof regarding that.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:00:56 PM

I don’t care if they will ever find Satoshi or not because that’s not part of my way in this cryptocurrency world,I never think of needing to find the Great creator instead I totally respect his need for privacy and I will be forever thankful for what the man brings to me,and I think this must be our treatment in the said issue.why need to always bother about the whereabouts of this person if we can have our own problem to face in our daily lives?please respect the man and bother no more of his identity and place of living

Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:24:00 PM

I think that there is a 50 percent possibility for finding out who Satoshi Nakamoto is. Maybe one day he/she/they will explain in the future. But I don't expect that he/she/they will come out and tell who he/she/they is/are.
If we think theres a possibility that we find Satoshi, but its not surely. But we believe on the coming days we can find it. I think its better to wait for the time that he show to the public. So now the good thing we do is just focus only on bitcoin. 
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 04:32:34 PM

The better question is will those early 1 million bitcoins that Satoshi mined be spent eventually?  That is the number one thing that I would want to know.

Over $9 billion at current prices and he had over 20 billion at the peak.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 05:23:28 PM

If during the last ten years Satoshi Nakamoto did not show up and before that he used a pseudonym to remain anonymous, then he is unlikely to ever declare himself. He is not officially sought, so it is unlikely that we will already know this secret. Perhaps it will be even better. Cryptocurrency as an invention will not belong to anyone, for its decentralization and anonymity it is even good.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:15:48 PM

Finding Satoshi Nakamoto is just like  a camel going through the eye of a needle. Satoshi main aim of creating Bitcoin goes with the mystery of his identity; Anonymous. I don't think he will eat back his words and come out say jack I am now giving up for hiding so many years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: