Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 1060 1660 / Vega 64 Radeon VII  (Read 319 times)
lankymanx (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

Hello, i am trying to make out even though watching videos of the Radeon Vii and the other mentioned cards:
GTX 1060 1660 / Vega 64 Radeon VII
What is really a more preferred card and which team , Nvidia or AMD, i have had to many issues with SGminer or CGminer on an intel based machine machine with AMD RX series cards where the miner does not start-  i can use --verbose or -T   and its never really told me much for toubleshoot - its just particular build SGminer.exe for certain coins/algos.
That said, there is really good performance from the Radeon VIIwhen mining Ethereum, i am not sure if it is really worth the money though and I am not sure if this means it is good at the rest of the Algos.
Is the Vega 64 or wait just skip AMD i mean is Nvidia the better easier one to mine with now days ?
What performance /cost card of the above would u recommend or suggest?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:09:29 PM

You can't mine Bitcoin with video cards so this question is in the wrong part of the forum.

Try here instead: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
corrado25

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 09:55:53 AM

I have 1060 dual with samsung memory. I have never had problems with this video card on any pool or with any miners. I prefer Nvidia. As far as mining is concerned, there is now a lot of profit you will not earn whatever the graphics card you are mining.If you have electricity free  Grin

lankymanx (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:11:50 PM

You can't mine Bitcoin with video cards so this question is in the wrong part of the forum.

Try here instead: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Your spot on, thanks for the feedback.
lankymanx (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:40:08 PM

I have 1060 dual with samsung memory. I have never had problems with this video card on any pool or with any miners. I prefer Nvidia. As far as mining is concerned, there is now a lot of profit you will not earn whatever the graphics card you are mining.If you have electricity free  Grin

Another valid point is the "free electricity" - then it doesnt whatever what or how u mine.
None of this really gives good reason why or how the NVIDIA or AMD card is the winner/ or the better option here.
It would be nice to hear why you think NVIDIA IS or AMD IS the better or not so good card compared, with some reason why.
VRMdude

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:07:10 PM

I like AMD cards always have done and Radeon vii is great but runs warm on stock settings so long as Eth stays above $250 GPU mining is back but $500 would be better ofcourse... btw im led to believe "vii" means Vega mk 2 and not 7 it got me to lol but 7 will do I suppose haha

Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: