Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KPMHOSTING - QC, Canada [NOT self-moderated]  (Read 76 times)
Dockin (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 05:34:40 AM

I'm starting this thread of 2 reasons:

1. KPMHOSTING have 2 threads on Bitcointalk, one got locked, and the other is self-moderated by KPM themselves, which is no good. So I'm starting this one in case others would like to share their experiences.

2. I told them that if they deleted my reply on their official self-moderated thread, I would create my own thread. They deleted my reply. Hence this thread.

So I've hosted my miners with KPM for a year and had a less than desirable experience. They started off alright, but their communication got worse at the end and I had to wait several weeks for them to respond and coordinate shipping my miners back. I eventually got them, after being forced to pay ridiculous fees and in the condition that you see in below.

I ended up having to pay for hosting even though my miners were down for over 100 hours. (Minimum compensation is 24 hours) The guys at KPM acknowledged this earlier on and said that they would compensate a few days of free hosting, but they never did. When I brought it up, they simply stated that the invoice (which ignored the downtime) would be sent to collections in a few days if unpaid.

Anyways, here are the images of what I finally received. These were obviously uncared-for and were running in a filthy environment. Also, they were all shipped with their PSU's STILL ATTACHED! KPM is the most expensive bitcoin hosting provider I know of, and I was willing to pay their ridiculous fees because when I started all the other hosting providers were full. They seemed to have a good reputation at the time. They pride themselves on great service (promise 2 - 12 hour response times on their website) but they don't deliver. I'm glad I have my miners out of there now. It was almost not worth it for how much the shipping was on top of their 'removal fee'.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: