Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:28:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DomeCoin [DOME] ALL HAIL DOME AND DEMOCRACY [EXCHANGED]  (Read 10288 times)
Jigsaw (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:11:03 AM

hi, I have the same problem with wallet not syncing, running windows 7. i downloaded command line version as windows qt link would not work.  I added a .conf file using your example still not working, what am I doing wrong

Can you post the output of this:

Code:
domecoind.exe getpeerinfo

Here's a mirror to the Qt file: http://198.12.67.18/domecoin-qt.exe
p2000

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:55:02 AM

tried your link, looks like i downloaded the qt version after all. i don't know how to follow the instructions
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:00:30 AM

tried your link, looks like i downloaded the qt version after all. i don't know how to follow the instructions

Where did you put the .conf file?
p2000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:06:33 AM

put in in the appdata/roaming/domecoin
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:11:58 AM

put in in the appdata/roaming/domecoin

Hmm...should be working then.

Try this:

Click on Help->Debug Window->Console and enter this:
Code:
addnode 198.12.67.18 add
p2000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:20:15 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 04:37:04 AM by p2000

tried that, still not syncing, one other thing i noticed is that in the network settings the "map port using UPnP" is greyed out. I have lots of wallets on this pc and all work fine with UpnP.

(SOLVED) it was the box "connect through proxy" was ticked, syncing now
HooDude

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

Are you kidding me? This is the same scammer that made Helixcoin and then ditched it just a couple weeks ago! The graphics are the same, both coins are based on pokemon, even the way he writes is the same:

Domecoin = "All hail dome and democracy" -- written in the [ANN] thread title
Helixcoin = "All hail Helixcoin" -- written in the OP's sig

Domecoin is based on Pokemon, as was Helixcoin. The Helix fossil and the Dome fossil are the two fossils from the original gameboy game that could be acquired and revived into pokemon.

Don't get caught being a bagholder on this one! Look at this thread if you don't believe me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489172.0

This dev abandoned Helixcoin within days, now they're going to do exactly the same thing here. Don't fall for this scam!
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/hoodude/Scam.png
vilgem

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:52:50 AM

Sherlock Holmes (HooDude) saved us all. Definitelly will skip this shit. Thanks.

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
alicex

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:27:16 AM

Another scrypt coin. Well, gotta start somewhere, right?
Fork of the latest litecoin source.
Block reward - 718 per block for all 718 pokemon.
Halving time - Rewards halve every 700,000 blocks. 50% of the coins will be mined by the first halving, 75% by the second, 87.5% by the third, etc.
Block time - 30 seconds per block, just like the vote period of democracy mode.
Difficulty Adjustment - 30 blocks.
Premine - 5 million coins in Block 1. 0.05% of total, hopefully that won't upset many of you. This is almost 7000 blocks or about 2.5 days worth of mining.
Ports - RPC: 6886 P2P:6887 (Testnet - RPC: 16886 P2P:16887)

clone ,why not add more new feature
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:51:18 PM

Are you kidding me? This is the same scammer that made Helixcoin and then ditched it just a couple weeks ago! The graphics are the same, both coins are based on pokemon, even the way he writes is the same:

Domecoin = "All hail dome and democracy" -- written in the [ANN] thread title
Helixcoin = "All hail Helixcoin" -- written in the OP's sig

Domecoin is based on Pokemon, as was Helixcoin. The Helix fossil and the Dome fossil are the two fossils from the original gameboy game that could be acquired and revived into pokemon.

Don't get caught being a bagholder on this one! Look at this thread if you don't believe me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489172.0

This dev abandoned Helixcoin within days, now they're going to do exactly the same thing here. Don't fall for this scam!

Uhhh...the similarities in the "All hail" are due to the constant chanting in the chat. Also I've been around waaay longer than https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=256340

I did write the thread based on the way that the helix coin dev wrote the thread since this is indeed meant to be basically a clone to helixcoin.
I'm not even going to mention that helixcoin is more advanced than this. Also if you look at my posts, I've posted a thread asking for help on building Windows Qt wallets, well after helixcoin was around. I'm not forcing anyone to uptake this coin, but keep your mistakes to yourself. Just because you got screwed over with helixcoin, it does not give you the right to go on a spree to take out your anger on someone who happened to make a similar coin.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:20:34 PM

whaaat's that a picture of anyway? A brown rock or something?
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:06:55 PM

whaaat's that a picture of anyway? A brown rock or something?

That's the dome fossil, or rather, the best picture of it I could find in the right size.
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Halving time - Rewards halve every 700,000 blocks. 50% of the coins will be mined by the first halving, 75% by the second, 87.5% by the third, etc.
Premine - 5 million coins in Block 1. 0.05% of total, hopefully that won't upset many of you. This is almost 7000 blocks or about 2.5 days worth of mining.

Given that this is my first coin, I wanted to get an idea of the workload necessary for the release and maintenance of a regular coin before I add new features that no coins have.
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:12:46 PM

Given that this is my first coin, I wanted to get an idea of the workload necessary for the release and maintenance of a regular coin before I add new features that no coins have.

HooDude

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:13:26 AM

Rofl.. you made a clone of Helix coin, without bothering to bring across the SHA-3 algorithm? And who deliberately makes a clone of a known scamcoin, without any effort to try and be different or at the very least assure people that this isn't also a scam coin? Are you dense? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not the dev of Helixcoin just trying to produce another scam: where do you get the bright idea of ripping off a scamcoin word for word?

This scam is so blatant it hurts, lmao. Anyone who falls for this deserves to lose their money.

And btw, I didn't lose out with Helixcoin. I mined for about 2 hours right at launch and then stopped. No loss to me, but I do have a bunch of helix coins that will never be worth anything.
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

I instead found that nice picture of the penguin speaking about these coins (or pokemons)  on google and I had to post it  Grin
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

Rofl.. you made a clone of Helix coin, without bothering to bring across the SHA-3 algorithm? And who deliberately makes a clone of a known scamcoin, without any effort to try and be different or at the very least assure people that this isn't also a scam coin? Are you dense? Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not the dev of Helixcoin just trying to produce another scam: where do you get the bright idea of ripping off a scamcoin word for word?

This scam is so blatant it hurts, lmao. Anyone who falls for this deserves to lose their money.

And btw, I didn't lose out with Helixcoin. I mined for about 2 hours right at launch and then stopped. No loss to me, but I do have a bunch of helix coins that will never be worth anything.

I "ripped off" helixcoin because I had the idea of making that a while ago but never got around to it. When I finally had enough knowledge to make a coin it was already made. When I was writing up the ANN, helixcoin was not yet a scam and was doing OK.

I didn't bring over SHA-3 because I needed to keep things as simple as possible. Reason for this is because I previously used two different coins as a source and had issues with compiling Windows binaries. I decided to use litecoin since that was plain old scrypt with no special modifications, and already had a detailed procedure for cross compilation.

I'm not sure who's losing money here, aside from the electricity used to mine it, which isn't much given the current difficulty of the network. The coin isn't on any exchanges, there aren't any services available, and no "investing" happening. I never had hopes of this taking off to the moon, so there really isn't any damage happening here as the community can decide how much they want to adopt the coin.

I do have plans to create a coin with a new feature, which I believe will be innovative. Of course this will be pre-announced, more testing will be done, much less premine (if that will even be possible *hint*), and much more work will be put into that.

This coin will be maintained as long as the network continues to survive, I have no intentions on abandoning it until my two nodes are the only ones left on the network, which is currently not the case:

Side note: 5000 blocks, well shit.
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:48:05 AM

With the assistance ncarmichael, Domecoin is now on a voting page for an exchange!

Head over to https://www.mintpal.com/voting and let's get it exchanged!!
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:06:50 AM

Failure coin.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Jigsaw (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:21:27 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 10:05:21 PM by Jigsaw

On the voting page for two three exchanges now!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: