Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes hodlers make  (Read 1492 times)
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 08:25:34 AM

if just waiting for the price of the month will certainly take a longer time, being a holder and trader is a good idea, taking advantage of the moment of the green market even though the profit is not too big
memed97

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 08:51:02 AM

The main reason of most of the failures in crypto world is overconfidence - and it is no different in this case.

Not only failure but success in the crypto world also starts from self-confidence, so that between believing and not believing must be distinguishable in the crypto world, because capital is confident is the main thing while the second thing is research before we believe.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:06:58 AM

Note: Taking your profit does not mean selling your entire portfolio; it means taking profit; retaining your capital
You can always buy back the low

In some cases many of the investors are doing this and it turns out to be a success to sell their or get their profit in specific token or coin and then buy it again when they have the capital. Some of the traders didn't know that. Selling is the solution. Holding it for as long as you wanted. In the end, it is for you. Me, I am getting my profit without selling all of the tokens in my portfolio.
trenna

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:57:10 AM

I think that most of mistakes are caused by a hasty decisions. People with any knowledge think that cryptocurrencies are an easy way to earn a lot of money without effort
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:05:58 AM

btc has mooned a little bit, and suddenly we have self claimed analyzers almost everywhere claiming bitcoin is going to 10,000$ in May itself , small time now and a little bearish they will moan again,

the time they suppose make small profit from the greens; they are busy forecasting

Note: Taking your profit does not mean selling your entire portfolio; it means taking profit; retaining your capital

Do not rush to enjoy the growth of Bitcoin. There are reasons for the fact that he may soon again go for a correction down. It is necessary to monitor the situation and be ready for any developments on the stock exchanges, including the fall in Bitcoin prices.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:30:03 AM

btc has mooned a little bit, and suddenly we have self claimed analyzers almost everywhere claiming bitcoin is going to 10,000$ in May itself , small time now and a little bearish they will moan again,

the time they suppose make small profit from the greens; they are busy forecasting

One thing you have to know is that once you begin to take out profit, you are touching from the value of your bitcoin and not the value of the usd which means that you are really not taking any profit, what I mean is that if you own 1 btc and you make profit of $1000 and sell off that $1000, you will discover that the value of your btc became 0.8 btc instead of 1 btc, one way to really make profit in the crypto market is to trade the coin and not just hodl.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:28:03 AM

Bought cheap, sold more expensive, it's simple. This strategy has been working for years in all financial areas. You do not need to be a genius to use this strategy.

Jenkins33

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 06:44:18 PM

I am not a fortune teller and do not know how to predict the future. Perhaps Bitcoin and continue its growth further. However, I am very frightened by events related to the Binance and Bitfinex exchanges. Perhaps they will have a negative impact on the price of Bitcoin.

Hans Groober

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:19:21 PM

Profit people does not depend on the price of Bitcoin. The profit of people depends on the difference between the purchase and sale prices. If someone bought a bitcoin for 19 thousand dollars, the price of 10 000 will not bring him profit.
If someone bought Bitcoin at 3200, then the price of 6000 already brings a good profit.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
Mcmich

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:35:35 PM

I came across a post here where someone was advertising a link to the social media where he does  predictions. I really hate such cos all these so called predictions lead people to doom.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:43:39 PM

Many people say it is only a dream if it becomes a reality, but in my opinion at the end of this year BTC prices will reach $ 6500.  The increase in BTC is still not stable and difficult to predict to determine target to be achieved, but this is the right moment to buy and hold until the price of BTC rises.  In investment we have a target of looking for profits from the lowest purchase price, and of course we wait when prices are going to moon.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:44:28 PM

$10,000 in this May is absolutely not possible. It's obviously non-sense and if it eventually happen, then I'm afraid that big dump will happen again later because people are too greedy to follow hype. No need to wait Bitcoin to reach that level, if you want to multiply your asset then do trade and make profit from it. Don't we actually rely on fiat instead of Bitcoin?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
alberdina

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:54:55 PM

I personally do not sell all the coins that I have because I still believe in long-term investments. But I also trade every day so I don't focus too much on the price of Bitcoin. When the coins that I buy and the price go up, I can sell coins directly.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 10:22:04 PM

They usually sell at the time that it is better to wait for the bull market. Altcoins lost huge percentages compared to less percentage of Bitcoin and this hurts all altcoin hodlers. Mistakes are welcome for newbies.
bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:26:11 PM

I have seen many similar discussions, but I want to share my point of view. Studies have shown that during the existence of the crypto market, as we know, there were many UPS and downs of Bitcoin, but the maximum profit was always received by investors who adhered to the HODL strategy. So do not give in to other people's opinion, be patient and just wait for the bullrun.
a very good strategy but how long do we have to keep the coins? I mean whether implementing a hodl strategy also means having a specific target, for example, I will sell it for $ 10k before reaching that price then I will continue to hodl the coin
or is the hodl strategy maintained even though the price is good? I mean a time-based strategy, for example like I will only sell these coins in the next 5 years, if so then I think it's just a waste of opportunity because if we continue to sell when the price is good and buy it again when it falls then it it will be more profitable, whenever it is even if we only had the coin a few days ago

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:30:41 PM

In the cryptocurrency market, nothing is certain. Every trade or analysis we make is based on forecast and predictions. You are saying they should take  profit now by selling their coins and buying back low, how sure are you that the market will drop again or it won't continue to increase. The profit you will make if you sell now will not be enough to mend your heart when the market go on to increase drastically after you have sold you coins expecting a decrease. The best thing is to do your own research and do what works for you, because the market is unpredictable.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
kemetz

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:38:24 PM

yes I agree with your opinion, indeed we don't have to sell the entire portfolio in order to take advantage, I always sell half of the coins in the portfolio when I increase to be able to take a little profit and buy it back when the price corrects, because every coin increase must be some then later the correction would be deep enough and at that moment I returned to buy it so that the portfolio value increased.

rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:44:33 PM

yes I agree with your opinion, indeed we don't have to sell the entire portfolio in order to take advantage, I always sell half of the coins in the portfolio when I increase to be able to take a little profit and buy it back when the price corrects, because every coin increase must be some then later the correction would be deep enough and at that moment I returned to buy it so that the portfolio value increased.
Noone sells the whole portfolio just because some coins are performing badly.  The main value depends on the other factors and increases in the prices is depending on the other possibilities.
2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:46:27 PM

I don't think it's just a claim that predictions and good predictions also imply that people are optimists about the future of bitcoin and I think that's good, they don't try to trap people but they encourage many people to be more optimistic and willing to invest in bitcoin so prices bitcoin can really increase
I think it's not a problem if the prediction is not right as long as the prediction is really based on aspects that can indeed be a reference

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:47:43 PM

Hodlers must set their target price because they can’t just hold forever as if they loved too much the coin. Taking profit will depend on your goal, because i personally hold coins and not taking any profit for now because i’m still waiting for my target price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: