Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfering bitcoin V WU or MG  (Read 89 times)
OnceInAWhile (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:42:18 AM

Hi guys I’m new to BTC and I’m looking at options to transfer  money from the UK to Serbia. The recipient of the funds accepts bitcoin. I have never used bitcoin in any way shape or form and I’m wondering how much from purchasing a bitcoin to sending it to my guy would entail ? What costs are involved and where? Also how quick would it take on average from my wallet to receivers? Are there any good reasons to go with Money Gram or Western Union? The price to transfer £200 to Serbia via WU is a round £30 but it is done instantly from your home. Any advice on this would be a great help to a complete newbie like moi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2969

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 01:04:10 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2019, 10:56:42 AM by BitMaxz

Hi guys I’m new to BTC and I’m looking at options to transfer  money from the UK to Serbia. The recipient of the funds accepts bitcoin. I have never used bitcoin in any way shape or form and I’m wondering how much from purchasing a bitcoin to sending it to my guy would entail ? What costs are involved and where? Also how quick would it take on average from my wallet to receivers? Are there any good reasons to go with Money Gram or Western Union? The price to transfer £200 to Serbia via WU is a round £30 but it is done instantly from your home. Any advice on this would be a great help to a complete newbie like moi.

You need to buy bitcoin at the current price in coinbase from here https://www.coinbase.com/places/united-kingdom
I don't know what would be the average time to buy bitcoins from coinbase but I think it's instant if you are a verified user.
The transaction fee maybe around $0.1 to $3 from coinbase to other bitcoin address the transaction speed is depends on your transaction fee so the higher fee you pay the faster transaction to confirm.

I think money gram or WU is good as a remittance but expect to pay a higher fee so  I recommend you to buy bitcoin instead and send bitcoin to the guy.
You can use this http://preev.com/ if how much is £200 in bitcoin before you transfer or send it to the guy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 02:44:29 AM

Hi guys I’m new to BTC and I’m looking at options to transfer  money from the UK to Serbia. The recipient of the funds accepts bitcoin. I have never used bitcoin in any way shape or form and I’m wondering how much from purchasing a bitcoin to sending it to my guy would entail ? What costs are involved and where? Also how quick would it take on average from my wallet to receivers? Are there any good reasons to go with Money Gram or Western Union? The price to transfer £200 to Serbia via WU is a round £30 but it is done instantly from your home. Any advice on this would be a great help to a complete newbie like moi.

Use bitcoin instead! There are a lot of trusted exchanges who will sell bitcoins to you against your fiat currency. One of the examples is Coinbase as correctly pointed out by my fellow community member and it is also easy to operate!

It takes less than a minute and will cost 1/10 of the cost you will pay to MG or WU. You just need to have the bitcoin address of the recipient and you are good to go!

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:37:08 AM

Use this to choose where to buy Bitcoin CMC.
It have the list of crypto and you just need to click BTC and the current price of each market would be shown to you.
You could use the exchange platform on CMC list because they are all trusted.
Use it to buy Bitcoin then send it to your recipient.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: