Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Using historical price chart on coinmarketcap.com in a specific period  (Read 519 times)
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:47:10 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2019, 11:38:51 AM by btcsmlcmnr
Merited by dbshck (5), Halab (2), Mr. Big (2), masulum (2), bones261 (2), Heisenberg_Hunter (2), TMAN (2), LoyceV (1), harizen (1), Husna QA (1), 1miau (1)

This topic is created to help newbies, so if you are prominent users in the forum, and have years as well as lots of experience in crypto, you can skip the topic.

In crypto, when you need to find basics of any coins or tokens (not new born), there is coinmarketcap.com, that is the first place you should start with.
By default, when you copy and paste the link to coinmarketcap.com site (or click on the hyperlink above), you will see the site like this:
Please notice the Search box in the right hand side at the top corner of the site, where you have to type name of coins/ tokens (their full name), or their tickers.

For example:
I type Bitshares or type BTS (that is a ticker of Bitshares)
- Typing with Bitshares

- Typing with BTS ticker

By default, after clicking on given link to Bitshares from Search Box, you will be led to the page of Bitshares on coinmarketcap.com (~ CMC, from now on I will use CMC)
Now, you aldready have an overview on Bitshares historical price, but if you want to see all-year highs or all-year lows of Bitshares in several years, or just within the last two years. How do you do this?

There are two methods:

1) Typing start and end days of period you want to see historical price chart
For example: I want to get price chart of BTS from 8/5/2016 to 8/5/2019, I will type like this
Results:
Please notice the time-window in the Blue Rectangular at the bottom.
The first method requires time to type start & end days. Personally, I don't see reason to get exactly start & end days, so there is another method, that will save more time for you.

2) Using the Time-Window in the bottom of price chart
For example, I can scroll computer mouse or touch pad to set the time-window from Jan. 2016 to Jan. 2017. Then you will get results like this:
This way, you can fastly move between different time-windows of Bitshares or any coin/ token that listed on CMC.

Simplify price charts

By default, given price charts on CMC include four components, Marketcap, Price (USD), Price (USDT), and Volume. So, sometimes you don't want to see all of four components, and want to see only price in BTC and volume; or price in USDT and volume. How to do this?
First, let's see four default components on given price charts.
If you want to see three components: price in BTC, price in USDT, and volume.
You have to click on Marketcap to disable this component, then you will get the following price chart.

If you want to simplify your price chart more, with only two components: Price in BTC and volume; let click on Price (USD) to disable one more component. Then you will get the following price chart.

Translations for local boards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:15:29 AM

Bitcoin price chart over last one year (since May 2018), please notice the Red rectangular at the bottom on the right corner to see how to adjust time-window on Coinmarketcap price chart of bitcoin. You can switch time-window to whatever period you want to observe price movements of Bitcoin. The one-year price chart shows that if bitcoin might be strong enough to keep moving up, it might rise to around $9000 to $9300.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 09:40:01 AM
Merited by btcsmlcmnr (1)

I translated this topic and posted it to my local board (Pilipinas).
You guys can check it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5143396

@btcsmlcmnr, it's my pleasure to translate this very helpful topic.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 10:11:27 AM

Yes the topic is very helpful not only to newbies but even sr members need the information and the knowledge you shared, great job now I just learn how to use coinmarketcap chart. Great job you did here and will be following up this procedure with all the other coins on coin market cap because I will fine all the details about the coin there.
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 11:39:48 AM

You made me surprised.  Cheesy
Yes the topic is very helpful not only to newbies but even sr members need the information and the knowledge you shared, great job now I just learn how to use coinmarketcap chart. Great job you did here and will be following up this procedure with all the other coins on coin market cap because I will fine all the details about the coin there.
Added, and thank you so much for doing this one.
I translated this topic and posted it to my local board (Pilipinas).
You guys can check it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5143396

@btcsmlcmnr, it's my pleasure to translate this very helpful topic.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 08:28:45 PM

You have a nice way of utilizing coinmarketcap's tools but I thinknif you really want the newbies to have a good price chart you might want to teach them how to use tradingview instead since cryptocurrency's historical price charts are only just one click away. You can change it from daily to weekly and yearly if you wanted to. Another thing is that tradingview also has other tools for newbiesbto get a grasp on what trading really is and its will be more useful for aspiring traders in the maket
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:20:10 PM

You have a nice way of utilizing coinmarketcap's tools but I thinknif you really want the newbies to have a good price chart you might want to teach them how to use tradingview instead since cryptocurrency's historical price charts are only just one click away. You can change it from daily to weekly and yearly if you wanted to. Another thing is that tradingview also has other tools for newbiesbto get a grasp on what trading really is and its will be more useful for aspiring traders in the maket
I understood what you meant, but coinmarketcap.com is the beginning of everything that crypto investors have to start with. They should have an overview on whatever coin they want to discover from Coinmarketcap.com (by using my tricks above). Then, next steps, they can move to further things, ANN topic, website, community channel, and the last step should be trading view charts. I thank you for giving me a hint to a guide on Tradingview. I might compose it later when I have time, but at first I will have to search available topics on it in the forum.
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 03:14:00 AM

There is an Indonesian translation, but I am not sure about its quality:
[Guide]Cara Melihat Grafik Riwayat Harga Dgn Periode Spesifik Pada Coinmarketcap
I am the author of the original thread, in English, but I don't know Indonesian. Everyone, local merit sources or local board moderators, whom see my post and this thread, please confirm quality of this translation.
djadmika

Activity: 87
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2019, 04:54:40 AM

There is an Indonesian translation, but I am not sure about its quality:
[Guide]Cara Melihat Grafik Riwayat Harga Dgn Periode Spesifik Pada Coinmarketcap
I am the author of the original thread, in English, but I don't know Indonesian. Everyone, local merit sources or local board moderators, whom see my post and this thread, please confirm quality of this translation.

I have read the original version and the translation in Indonesian and in my personal opinion it can be categorized as good or even very good. I can understand the topics explained very well. It can be ascertained that it is not the result of a translation that uses google translate or other translation machines.
btcsmlcmnr (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 09:47:30 PM

If you don't know simple steps to view charts on coinmarketcap, to choose the time (from and to) this topic is here for you.

Choose from and to points of time.

Choose or hide line charts you want to display on the default chart: Marketcap, Price, Price (BTC) and volume. If you want to invest or trade in USDT, you can click on Price (BTC) to hide this line from the chart. If you want to invest or trade in BTC, you can do the same for Price (to hide the line chart for price in USDT).

Volume is supposed to keep. A chart can be good but if volume is non existed, you can not trade and should not invest in a coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: