Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:59:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you protect your digital coins?  (Read 1896 times)
Yassin

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 03:52:35 PM

there may be many ways to protect digital assets in our respective wallets, and indeed our friend's words with 2Fa and email verification are a very good way ... by connecting to a telephone number that is not connected to the internet, because when the cellphone number there is no internet connection on your mobile device, maybe people will find it difficult to access phone numbers when there is no internet network, and that I always use in storing my digital assets..
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:45:42 PM

It seems to me that the user can protect his funds primarily due to his carelessness and caution, because in most cases theft of excess funds occurs due to the fact that the user has visited phishing sites or lost his personal data or secret keys in other ways.  It is necessary to adhere to the elementary rules of security in the network and then you can count on more or less normal security in your funds.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:16:18 AM

It seems to me that in the first place it is impossible to use the main wallet, where you keep all your funds, for some transactions in the network.  I use other wallets as intermediaries and who have a minimum interest rate to reduce costs.  Perhaps this is a waste of money, but I believe that this is the cost of the security of my funds.
tiedcoin

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:41:36 AM

The very first step to protect your crypto is to store them in hardware wallets, paper wallets, or cold storage. You should also keep your information private and avoid public WiFi networks as these networks are an easy target for hackers.

Always use strong passwords and add 2-factor authentication for all of your accounts. You can even spread your cryptocurrency among multiple wallets.
Always use a password manager, so you don’t use an old password. Never post your email address, home address, or phone number on social media. Keep your antivirus up-to-date to avoid downloading malware. Besides, don’t forget to backup your wallet periodically. And, for cold storage wallets and backup wallets recovery seed at home, keep them in a fireproof safe. 
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:11:25 AM

*hold your own private key
*Don't share it in any circumstances
*Make sure the wallet you are trusting have been reviewed and backed up by good views
*Check online for any problems related to the wallet you are holding coins into , just keep checking time and again ..like every week or two
*Don't prefer an online wallet , go for an offline one .
*Do not keep money in wallets in which there is no security
*If you are holding for long term then again , you can just turn off the sending Bitcoins option , it needs both email and mobile verification to be active again.
* Use Google authentication if possible
*Don't put your fingerprint there at any cost , it might be comfortable and easy for you but might take you anywhere
*Take care of your paper wallet like it's gold
Etc... Infact there are thousands and thousands of steps you can take to make it safe but at the end o the day , just stay away from the limelight and just do everything in silence , don't tell your friends and family about how many Bitcoins you own and stuff , even that may just be the trigger for someone.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:41:40 AM

You can keep your cryptocurrencies on either a hardware wallet or software wallet but keeping them on a hardware wallet is the safest. Also, make sure you back up your private keys to a safe place and you don't share them with anyone so that you don't get hacked.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
btc78

Activity: 2520
Merit: 214

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:56:34 AM

cryptocurrency market started to grow day after day, and everyone now started to own coins, so the question now which come to all the coin's holders , how to protect your digital coin from losing, stealing, hacking, etc ?
There’s only one important thing you must never forget and this is “Not to leave you currencies in Exchangers after you trade?because the main target of hackers are the exchange that holds our money,and try to prevent yourself to click links shared here because some of them are phishing sites

Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:57:44 AM

You can keep your cryptocurrencies on either a hardware wallet or software wallet but keeping them on a hardware wallet is the safest. Also, make sure you back up your private keys to a safe place and you don't share them with anyone so that you don't get hacked.

That would be stupid if we share our private key to anyone as that is our password to access our money.
Even within my family I never share the password, but I keep it in writing and keep it in a place where I tell them to access in case I will never gonna access it anymore, you know some case of death, we also have to prepare for that possibility especially if we are keeping a big money in that wallet.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:58:29 AM

Honestly if you just want to hodl just put your assets on your phone that you never use, if you don't have one buy the cheap one or you can buy hardware wallet. don't always connect to the internet or don't connect to the internet at all unless you want to sell it. and when you sell it just make sure its not phising site and you would be good, also don't forget the back up.

Remember that all components will eventually fail. Then if you try to turn it on years later you will find that it won't turn on, by coincidence i was yesterday checking some old phones.

A hardware wallet sounds like a much better idea if they have a substantial amount which is practically the only way that would be justified besides just personal preference. Cold wallets have a much much difficult way of storing and eventually finding and using.

Phones were made to be used often and for other purposes. Hardware wallets were made specifically for the purpose.
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:13:27 PM

The most important thing is not to tell everyone that you have a cryptocurrency. The fewer people who know about it the better. And of course you should buy a hardware wallet. For example Ledger a great wallet and is not expensive

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:14:07 PM

I am using Blockchain wallet to send and receive my Bitcoin with 2-factor authentication, private keys stored in a safe place.
My method is quite similar to this, but I keep it on an exchanger so it's easier to exchange it when I need money. however, I also use 2fa to strengthen it, and of course I choose a trusted exchanger.

Same here, I also use a trusted exchanger with 2fa to put an extra security to my wallet and I also it has a feature to use fingerprint in opening the exchanger or wallet app.
^ Remember that you might trust trustworthy exchange for a short term only if you are going to store your bitcoin there. That is very risky when you store bitcoin in exchange even it is trusted. Once you did not own your private key in your wallet, then, the coins that your store is not yours. I think that is the proper protection of your coins even how many layers of security code did you put as long as there's a third party holding your fund (which is exchange) then I conclude that is not safe.
clair508

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 03:23:52 PM

Bitcoins -Few are in online bitcoin accounts and most of in my TREZOR. Sometimes using Electrum
ETH- Myetherwallet and Ledger Nano

I using two hardware wallet because of different currencies and for safety of the bitcoins. TREZOR only using few times per month. That is how I protect my digital coins.It was a good method so far. Electrum is enough more most times.

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
spacehopper

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:58:23 PM

cryptocurrency market started to grow day after day, and everyone now started to own coins, so the question now which come to all the coin's holders , how to protect your digital coin from losing, stealing, hacking, etc ?

I'm using two trezor hardware wallets.One for day to day use and other one for save and store digital currencies for longtime.I hold both bitcoins and ETH based currencies in those.Did not faced any hacking or stealing so far.Hope that status will continue. Electrum wallet is good for online transaction.

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:24:36 PM

Nothing to worry actually. Just save your private key in secure place that don't stolen and make sure to do 2fa authentication if there access and never store your all keys into mail account that may anytime hacked. You are safe.

Best of luck.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 04:27:08 PM

I suggest you to use hardware wallet or offline wallet.Hardware wallet is the safest ti keep your digital currency.But if you want to keep your currency in online wallet you must need to use 2fa for safety.Also never give your password/private key to another person

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:56:58 PM

Use only hardware such as Trezor. This is a good security ... Now when Bitcoin is expensive thefts will be frequent. It's worth to protect yourself
princerepon

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:06:51 PM

No one can't hack your crypto until you safe your personal address. try to keep your crypto in your desktop wallet or core wallet. it's safer than any exchange wallet. check your wallet every time if it's need to update. be smart and keep safe your crypto coins/tokens.  Wink Wink
minhlee95

Activity: 527

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:56:23 PM

There are several types of wallets for storing cryptocurrencies.
There are online wallets located on third-party sites. For Example Blockchain. There are wallets that can be downloaded as an application on your computer or mobile phone. And there are cold storage wallets, such as Trezor or Ledger. These wallets do not have permanent access to the Internet and are therefore considered the most secure.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 01:33:23 AM

There are many options. Of course, the best thing to do with your coins is to store them in a cold wallet. That is going to be relatively secured from possible hacks and all. And then keep your private keys, pins, and seeds in a very safe place. As much as possible write them down on a piece of paper and then keep them away from anybody except yourself.
sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 03:13:27 PM

I don't have any hardware wallet that is why the best thing I can do right now is don't let my funds stay at exchange sites since it is vulnerable to hacks and use metamask to help me avoid phishing sites and also have a separate exclusive for cryptocurrency related activities. But I think having a hardware wallet is the safest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: