Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:51:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you protect your digital coins?  (Read 1899 times)
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 04:24:06 PM

1. if i want do long term holding , i will put my coin on blockchaain not on any exchange
2. read carefully site that i want to go to make sure that was not fake site
3.using google auth
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 11:34:15 PM

cryptocurrency market started to grow day after day, and everyone now started to own coins, so the question now which come to all the coin's holders , how to protect your digital coin from losing, stealing, hacking, etc ?
I used to hold coins in hardware and paper wallet i think these two are the safest wallet i know.Hackers are everywhere even big exchanges are hacked.My advise is don't click phising sites.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 05:04:50 AM

We can save our bitcoin or altcoin on exchange market but we have added authicator to protect our digital coins is safe, but we can save by using offline wallet like nano ledger wallet.

It is not advised to store your cryptocurrencies on exchanges even if you enabled its 2 factor authentication. You don't have personal control over your coins there. Once the owner of that site decides to freeze all withdrawals you can't do anything about it. The best choice is to use hardware wallet but not all can afford that so using some wallets that supports multiple cryptocurrencies is also good.
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 01:14:13 PM

store my asset not only on one wallet is my ways to keep my digital coins safe. Most of my coin separated on some big exchange that popular and trusted for now, and another one store on cold wallet. If you using your computer daily to do trading , don't forget to scan your pc using antivirus.
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 03:52:37 PM

For the safest protection for your crypto account and wallet on this market, investors need to pay attention to some rules.  Always keep the private key of the crypto wallet very carefully, limiting keeping coins on Exchange.  Without trading, investors can use hard wallets to protect your coins.
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 03:57:48 PM

cryptocurrency market started to grow day after day, and everyone now started to own coins, so the question now which come to all the coin's holders , how to protect your digital coin from losing, stealing, hacking, etc ?

rule ....

when you leave your laptop turn off the wifi , and be aware the the admin pass is not admin as usual when you log to the ip of the router , strong pass.

Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 07:27:29 PM

Hardware wallet. Physical device. I also printout my private keys offline and keep them in the safe. I have also given my parents an envelope with my private keys on as a final backup. I have an offline storage as well.
In all, I have 3x backups. The external HDD is to keep current backups then I print them later.

I use a ledger for my bitcoin and eth. It is worth spending the money to protect your assets. No amount of money is too much I believe.

pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 08:01:33 PM

store my asset not only on one wallet is my ways to keep my digital coins safe. Most of my coin separated on some big exchange that popular and trusted for now, and another one store on cold wallet. If you using your computer daily to do trading , don't forget to scan your pc using antivirus.

So you're not protecting your coins at all. Coins held on centralized exchanges are coins potentially lost when those exchanges shut down by themselves or are shut down by hackers or governments. It doesn't mean much if an exchange is trusted or big. Mt Gox was trusted and big and we all know what happened to it.
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

So you're not protecting your coins at all. Coins held on centralized exchanges are coins potentially lost when those exchanges shut down by themselves or are shut down by hackers or governments. It doesn't mean much if an exchange is trusted or big. Mt Gox was trusted and big and we all know what happened to it.

In general there are 3 ways in order to protecting our cryptocurrencies  i.e; saving it in cold wallet, hard wallet, or web wallet (online wallet, including : wallet on an exchange) card. But, the third option is risky enough. Recent news from theguardian.com shows that there is an exchange in Tokyo is hacked and $ 32M are stolen, you can check it HERE

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
longtkhd

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:28:47 AM

I think hosting on platforms such as Blockchain will be the best solution to protect your coin.

▄████▀     inSureToken.net     ▄█▀     inSure Your Crypto Portfolio!     ▄████▀
██  Let's build a trustful community together!  ██
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 10:53:06 AM

If possible, do not save them in an exchange wallet, unless you are a day trader. Save them in hardware wallets such as trezor or ledger nano. They are safer as compared to online wallets or desktop wallets and mobile wallets. Private keys should not be shared to anyone, strictly. And they should be kept somewhere very safe, preferably somewhere secret.
Skieleton

Merit: 282

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:49:27 AM

I use a hardware wallet to protect my assets, now nano ledger and trezzor can be used as one of the best options. maybe you can do that when your assets are large and need extra security
nano ledger has a lot of errors. I've heard about the possibilities of shackling. Trezor is safer. I've been using it for 3 years and I'm happy ...
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 12:56:42 PM

There's a lot of option, there are hardware and physical device but still, information can be stolen. What I've learned to avoid losing my digital coins is to keep my info secured by using 2FA and hiding my keys, avoid signing up on unnecessary or unsecured websites, keeping my emails and social media accounts. Our accounts are connected to each other if we use one email, it would be better if we have separate email on a different platform.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:43:00 PM

Cryptocurrency coins that have a value will always be targeted by hackers, therefore we must be careful in safeguarding our coins.  One of them is custom store in a personal wallet, and we must maintain the private key of our wallet.  Don't let anyone else know, we can also use protective 2fa to better secure our wallet.  And to safeguard our assets in exchange we also have to complete 2fa to enter into an exchange, and what is equally important is to keep the email we use in the exchange not to let anyone else know.
Money_catcher

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:04:38 PM

I keep it in a crypto-exchange and do not let anyone use my wallet Smiley In principle, if you are careful enough, this will be enough. Of course, if you need to leave the coins for long-term storage, it is better to reset them on a physical storage media such as a flash drive.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:39:02 PM

Like wise what you said, bitcoin and other alt-coin are digital asset which can use in less than a second for a transfer from one wallet to another, Hence every coin are created in difference form, secondly every wallet has a private key, which be save in a cool place, in a system or back up devices.
Dreamchaser21

Merit: 108

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 12:41:43 AM

I think hosting on platforms such as Blockchain will be the best solution to protect your coin.
Meaning having your own system? well I guess the cost will be more expensive if you choose that but for me the best option is to have a hardwallet where you can place your coin safely but make sure to place it on the right place. I'm protecting my coins on this way, my family knows it and I know I can trust them because I'm working hard for them.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 01:37:38 AM

First thing to do always keep your private keys safe no matter what, don't share it to anyone no matter what the consequences because it's the life of your assets and should be stay hidden. As always make  back ups on your private keys as much as possible. Don't fall for fake airdrops that give much attention because usually they do that and in the end they will ask your private keys in order to claim and i have friends fall for that so must be vigilant. Last thing don't store your funds on exchanges because there are no guarantees that they are safe of hacking just like what happened to Bitrue. So, be safe always and  be vigilant.

belli4388

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 11:26:03 AM

the only safe way to best protect your altcoins is to use a hardware wallet

space available pm me if interested
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:08:16 PM

The cryptocurrency market is already falling again. It's time to learn how to study the cyclical nature of cryptocurrencies. Why do people get so surprised every time prices go up or down? It's a story, you need to know it to understand how it works. Only this attitude will help not to lose your money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: