Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BASIC ATTENTION TOKEN question  (Read 132 times)
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:41:40 PM

Ok so Brave Browser allows you to see no ads and in exchange you get BAT tokens.
You can use BAT tokens to pay for content creators you like (youtubers, article writers, etc.)

My question is, what can content creators do with BAT tokens other than exchanging them for FIAT/ BTC / ETH ?
MarcusGates

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:19:15 PM

Ok so Brave Browser allows you to see no ads and in exchange you get BAT tokens.
You can use BAT tokens to pay for content creators you like (youtubers, article writers, etc.)

My question is, what can content creators do with BAT tokens other than exchanging them for FIAT/ BTC / ETH ?

Exchange them for Fiat BTC etc and give to other content creators. Fun right?
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 10:58:33 PM

Actually that part is optional. As pointless as it may sound, you can use Brave browser without bothering with BAT. Tho its just another Chromium browser.

You CAN give BAT to content creators, and handle your tokens with it. The first promise has not been fulfilled, that you would be paid for watching ads. In fact the plan was to replace ads with their own... That was even before they made their own token, i think even Bitcoin was mentioned back then.

But at this point they won't give you BAT for watching ads, you can only give BAT for watching content. And there is some referral program which is why you see sometimes people spamming Brave around.

Oh yes, you can block ads and not give any BATs too, like any other chromium browser it can use the same addons, such as ublock origin, etc.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print