Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are faucets missing?  (Read 264 times)
ESGames (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 01:56:02 AM

you know there are so many amazing faucets out there, and there are many faucet owners here too.

What do you think is something as a user you would wish to see on the faucets? I personally love the faucets when they have their own coin and its integrated into the website and gives bonuses

what do you guys think? any opinions? what use cases should these personal Faucet coins have?

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 01:35:25 AM

Most of faucet are using your system resources , impacting the system performance and spread malicious link.
Even if they are free from above issues, they require you to claim dedicately for more than a month so that you will be able to take payout.

I guess they are missing clean codes/websites and decent payout.

I am alive
ESGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 06:27:24 AM

Most of faucet are using your system resources , impacting the system performance and spread malicious link.
Even if they are free from above issues, they require you to claim dedicately for more than a month so that you will be able to take payout.

I guess they are missing clean codes/websites and decent payout.

that's true a good point. I know when ES Faucets had tons of popup, we lost alot of users, unfortunately, it was needed at that time, but now that we are past that stage, We have noticed alot more mature audience.
Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 08:06:05 AM

Usually faucets are a waste of time because they ask too much time/ressources for a too small payout.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
ESGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 08:50:08 AM

Usually faucets are a waste of time because they ask too much time/ressources for a too small payout.

I would disagree because it really depends, its great if you are starting out especially and you have no idea how wallets work keys and everything especially security so even if you lose it its not a big deal its a great learning experience.

and on the other side there are people who actually invest their time and energy and walk away with decent gains, it might not be alot but crypto is a long term game
MarioOnline

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 06:23:28 PM

So if you consider faucets a waste of time, what would be your advice to someone new to the cryptoworld to earn satoshis or other crypto?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 09:31:15 PM

Honestly, I don't know. Now I'm kind a bored with faucets. I miss old good times of faucets when you only needed to solve captcha and click "get reward" button. I know that such simple and clean faucets are impossible nowadays, but I just shared my nostalgia. Now there is just too much hassle to claim from faucets - close all these popups, visit shortlinks and etc.
Now in faucets I like things like loyalty bonuses, lotteries and similar things. Things like own tokens of faucets also looks interesting, Coinpot tokens probably is best example of it.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 09:58:40 PM

I want to run a faucet soon and I think they far to similar and unoriginal. They offer nothing new. I think a better way for a faucet to work is like the way they do those shortlink ptc type rewards. Having some decent info like a short blog would be great too. I think if there is a lot of good info that faucets can be come something worth visiting for something more then the coins. It would be nice to have good info and as a bonus the coins from the faucet instead of the faucet being the main reason to visit.

MarioOnline

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 03:54:43 PM

There is something about faucets I really want to know: Why do faucet owners use Google Recaptcha to make verification. I think this Google captcha is the worst ever.
It works fine at the beginning but the longer you use it, the worse it gets (images getting blurry and grainy).
So in my opinion Google recaptcha is not adequate to be used in faucets. Don't faucet owners know that or are they too lazy to look for other solutions? Or is Google Recaptcha free and the other solutions are not? Or does Google even pay the owners to use their recaptcha?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 08:00:17 PM

There is something about faucets I really want to know: Why do faucet owners use Google Recaptcha to make verification. I think this Google captcha is the worst ever.
It works fine at the beginning but the longer you use it, the worse it gets (images getting blurry and grainy).
So in my opinion Google recaptcha is not adequate to be used in faucets. Don't faucet owners know that or are they too lazy to look for other solutions? Or is Google Recaptcha free and the other solutions are not? Or does Google even pay the owners to use their recaptcha?

I'm not faucet owner, but I can try to give you answer. Most of faucet owners using Reacaptcha because it gives best security and there is simply no good alternatives for it. I agree that this captcha is difficult and annoying, but there is not much what faucet owners can do to change it. As I know, other captchas like Solvemedia can be bypassed too easily. Google Recaptcha aren't paying to publishers, but other captcha like Solvemedia are paying. But these payments are so tiny and insignificant that probably many of faucet owners can't even reach payment treshold. Correct me if I said something wrong.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:11:59 AM

I'm not faucet owner, but I can try to give you answer. Most of faucet owners using Reacaptcha because it gives best security and there is simply no good alternatives for it. I agree that this captcha is difficult and annoying, but there is not much what faucet owners can do to change it. As I know, other captchas like Solvemedia can be bypassed too easily. Google Recaptcha aren't paying to publishers, but other captcha like Solvemedia are paying. But these payments are so tiny and insignificant that probably many of faucet owners can't even reach payment treshold. Correct me if I said something wrong.

This is why I want to use fun captcha to replace google recaptcha and also want to know why others are not doing that. I am still learning so I really hope someone can answer me.

CryptoNinjaco

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2019, 10:00:50 AM

I have seen some attempts at better captchas. One thing you have to understand is Google pays the sites per captcha completed. So, not only would your captcha have to be better to use, but also the data you are gaining has to be sold somehow. Also, as a tip if you are having trouble with google recaptcha is to log out of your gmail. Hth.
MarioOnline

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:39:15 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2019, 10:39:30 PM by MarioOnline

I'm not faucet owner, but I can try to give you answer...

This is why I want to use fun captcha to replace google recaptcha and also want to know why others are not doing that. I am still learning so I really hope someone can answer me.

I have seen some attempts at better captchas. One thing you have to understand is Google pays the sites per captcha completed. So, not only would your captcha have to be better to use, but also the data you are gaining has to be sold somehow. Also, as a tip if you are having trouble with google recaptcha is to log out of your gmail. Hth.

Sadly, it really makes no difference being logged in or out of gmail, already tried this. The problem is that all faucets are using Google recaptcha (what am I saying, almost every site is using Recaptcha, not only faucets). So if someone claims from several faucets during a day and these faucets use only Google recaptcha, recaptcha gets worse and worse the longer you use it, as I said before.
Ideal is when faucets have two claiming verification options, so when one is not working you can use the other option. Unfortunately, only a few faucets do that.
And I agree Google must be paying sites per captcha completed, and they must be paying better than others. That must be the reason why everybody is using such a bad product. Replacing google recaptcha with other captchas seems to me a good idea.
ESGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 12:36:17 AM

I know what you mean, and I think i can answer this somewhat, though different faucet might have different reason.

main reason why faucet need captcha is because it prevents bots, honestly it doesn't do a 100% of a job as we have found out thats why we have implemented other means on BTC NEWz|| ESFAUCETS as well, because we want to be fair to advertisers. You might ask why would we care about bots? Well they hurt the faucet owners, they reduce the faucet owner earning and really disturbs the whole ecosystems especially if you have contests and leaderboard, it is just not fair to everyone who are claiming with their personal time.

WHy google captcha? Well cause it works well with bots, and normal users (not 100%). If you let it save cache, it will let you just click without having to do the captcha and in the background the intensity or difficulty as you might say goes up and down based on how google recaptcha sees you

In my personal opinion, i honestly hate it lol, i always tell my programmers I want to remove it, but we find so many bots using it that it isn't even a joke, so when we do find another one that works as well this one we will get rid of it or have another option.

Side note: we tried some other one like fun captcha but the script was running so slow for us that we decided to go against it
MarioOnline

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:05:20 PM

I know what you mean, and I think i can answer this somewhat, though different faucet might have different reason.

main reason why faucet need captcha is because it prevents bots, honestly it doesn't do a 100% of a job as we have found out thats why we have implemented other means on BTC NEWz|| ESFAUCETS as well, because we want to be fair to advertisers. You might ask why would we care about bots? Well they hurt the faucet owners, they reduce the faucet owner earning and really disturbs the whole ecosystems especially if you have contests and leaderboard, it is just not fair to everyone who are claiming with their personal time.

WHy google captcha? Well cause it works well with bots, and normal users (not 100%). If you let it save cache, it will let you just click without having to do the captcha and in the background the intensity or difficulty as you might say goes up and down based on how google recaptcha sees you

In my personal opinion, i honestly hate it lol, i always tell my programmers I want to remove it, but we find so many bots using it that it isn't even a joke, so when we do find another one that works as well this one we will get rid of it or have another option.

Side note: we tried some other one like fun captcha but the script was running so slow for us that we decided to go against it

I know that you have to use it because of the bots.
But I am a real person and I never used bots. And I know a lot of people like me that are having problems with Google Recaptcha. So I think you have to admit that recaptcha is not as good as you might think.
If I am a real person and recaptcha is seeing me almost always not as a person but a bot, then it is not a good product.

ESGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 04:42:59 AM

I know that you have to use it because of the bots.
But I am a real person and I never used bots. And I know a lot of people like me that are having problems with Google Recaptcha. So I think you have to admit that recaptcha is not as good as you might think.
If I am a real person and recaptcha is seeing me almost always not as a person but a bot, then it is not a good product.

i agree with you, thats why i did mention that in my personal opinion :/ unfortunatly for us on the other side of the window its hard to tell the different. IF i may ask what other option would you suggest? any alternative to google captcha? or other means?
MarioOnline

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 09:16:55 PM

i agree with you, thats why i did mention that in my personal opinion :/ unfortunatly for us on the other side of the window its hard to tell the different. IF i may ask what other option would you suggest? any alternative to google captcha? or other means?

Thank you for your answer. Most of the faucets that have two verifying options are using Recaptcha and Solvemedia. So if one it's not working, people can choose the other option. And this faucets that are working with this two options are also well known, so I think it must be secure to use it.
ESGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 05:01:57 AM

Thank you for your answer. Most of the faucets that have two verifying options are using Recaptcha and Solvemedia. So if one it's not working, people can choose the other option. And this faucets that are working with this two options are also well known, so I think it must be secure to use it.

definately will ask our programmers to look into solve media I have heard good things about it as well

thank you for your feedback Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: