Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit E9+ hash rate issue  (Read 357 times)
gshot (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:48:22 AM

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience with the Ebit E9+ from Ebang?

I've tried contacting Ebang but I just dont get any reply.

My problem is that I have 3x of these machines, they were working perfectly when last used sometime last year but recently when I tested them, all 3x of them seem to only run at 1/3 of their original speed.
Obviously this makes you think that they are only running 1 of the 3 hash boards but for this to happen to all 3 machines when they were working perfectly last time they were used just seems very unlikely.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 04:10:47 PM

Honestly, I don't have experience with ebit e9+ I mostly mine with s9 but let me try to help you.
I can't determine that exact design of the miner it looks like a s9 miner.
Anyway, can you check if there is a reset hole under control board or IP reporter and then try the reset procedure below?

Hold the IP reporter/reset button for 15-20 seconds then release now it should reboot or restart automatically and then test it again.

If it doesn't work can you check if there is a logs on the miner's dashboard and then copy all of them and paste it here?
Use code the button when pasting the logs or use pastebin.com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:16:51 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 03:57:41 AM by frodocooper

I've tried contacting Ebang but I just dont get any reply.

Which historically is the major problem with eBang gear. Many folks in the Forum have reported getting zero support from them and AFAIK there are zero reports of anyone being happy with them. That is why I and others avoid eBang like plague.

Good luck figuring out what is wrong.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
gshot (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:38:03 AM

Thank for your replies.

Yes looking at them they do look very similar to an s9.
They ran great without fault for months but yes ebang support seems very poor/non existent.

I did try reset but let me try again follow your instructions and will post back with some pictures.
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 01:30:15 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 10:50:04 PM by frodocooper

I made a post here, it's about the E10 and my experience is with the E6.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5141140.msg50981713#msg50981713

I can try to help, if you are getting less hashrate but all boards seem ok it could be the issue of the frequency getting downclocked, that's happened to me a few times.
gshot (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 08:47:37 PM

Unbelievable!

Set everything up, double checking everything and now there's even more problems.

I've only tried the one so far so still two to try but I'm absolutely baffled.
Powered it up and the fans start up... so far so good.
Then I look at the control board and there's no LEDs lighting up.
I double checked with the IP scanner and it's not showing up at all.
The three hashing boards have a green LED but you can feel the air from them is completely cool so there no hashing going on.
Looks like the control board is dead.

I've double checked with another PSU but still the same.
gshot (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:13:24 PM

Eventually go round to checking the other 2x and still the same problem even after factory reset.
Unfortunately you can't view logs like the antminer stuff but looking at the board temperatures it's pretty obvious that only 1x board is hashing.
One board is at 50 degrees whereas the other two are only at 20 degrees Celsius.

Without any technical support it's going to be difficult but I think I will open them up just to be sure there's no obvious faults or damage.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 07:44:30 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2019, 09:59:56 AM by frodocooper

Try cleaning all parts including control board and hashboard this is sometimes work in s9 miner so it might also work on Ebit e9+.

Since you can't access the miner's dashboard there are two possible reasons.

- Your miner has a defective control board.
- The miner has corrupted program (it should be flash through sd card but it looks like no SD card slot.)

I tried searching on google but I can't find any article that will help on how to flash it without going to Web GUI like flashing it directly with ethernet or through JTAG.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gshot (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 10:09:20 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2019, 03:14:26 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (3)

I know it's been a while but I thought it was about time I had another look at this.

I've gave up with the machine that wasn't responding at all so now I've got 2x machines running at 1/3 speed (3Th).

I can't find anything to show the hash rate of each individual board but the temperature of board 3 gets to around 60 degC whereas board 1 and 2 are only 20 degC so it's fair to say board 3 is the only one working.
To confirm this, I swapped the cables from the control board to 2 and 3 and only board 2 was working. I think it's fair to say the problem lies with the hash boards and not the control board.

I've stripped the machine to clean and look for any signs of failure but nothing obvious. I will upload images asap to see if you guys can spot anything.
Maybe the thermal paste has dried out and caused it to overheat? But then... surely it would have run for some time and would have hit the temperature alarm.

Images to follow

Images below.
Please feel free to make any suggestions.

https://ibb.co/1vfT9fH
https://ibb.co/88q8JQH
https://ibb.co/mFkYp9B
https://ibb.co/PDGqctj
https://ibb.co/rp7bLSC
https://ibb.co/HGDd6LB
https://ibb.co/Dp6K8zh
mrmoee

Activity: 10
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 12:08:41 AM
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Hi there,

I'm currently dealing with similar issues. I'm holding most of my hopes up for Braiins OS's upcoming version (if it supports E9+s) as a way to finally fix my problematic miners.

One thing I found that helped quite a bit was to use the latest version of the miners' management tool (version 1.0.2.82). Ebang's website shows two different miner management tools; one of them being specific to the E9+s. The newer tool has options that you simply cannot program into the E9+. However, factory resets using the newer version of the software seem to take hold on certain miners that were pretty much unresponsive to any type of reset. This hasn't entirely solved my problems but I was able to factory reset some stubborn miners with this version vs the E9+ specific version of the management tool and, therefore, restore them to hashing (not necessarily at proper rates).

It's definitely a band-aid fix but after going through the same steps as you and trying left and right to switch hash/control boards, cables, network settings, etc. This method surprisingly helped out a bit. So I would say, give it a try. Factory reset using the latest version of their general Ebite Miner Mini (1.0.2.82) and then restore your pool info, etc.

Best of luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: