Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E10 drops to 12TH  (Read 304 times)
mniknezhadi (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:06:29 PM

Dear experts,
Yesterday one of my ebang E10 miners drops to 12TH and the green and red LEDs blinks.
Please guide me to fix it.

Thanks in advanced
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 07:55:14 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 03:58:17 AM by frodocooper

I don't have experienced about this miner but let me try to help you.

Can you access the miner and find logs and paste it here so that I can analyze what is the issue of the miner?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mniknezhadi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 05:56:22 AM

Dear BitMaxz,
I can't find any manual/service manual or help description for device web server page. There is an alarm in this page. I will append an screen shoot for your information.
As you can see the "Cal" alarm is active. but I don't know what it is pointing to.
Thank you in advance.

screen shoot:

http://s8.picofile.com/file/8359968718/Untitled.jpg
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 01:27:41 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 10:55:02 PM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

As with BitMaxz I'm not very familiar with the E10.

Can you tell me what the hashrate should be? Is it at this hashrate when you first turn it on but drops over time? I'm not sure if they have logs, but it might be in the cgminer or system tab.

Occasionally with the E6 the frequency would drop itself, changing the frequency back to it's original set point would fix low hashrate for a period of time. Sometimes the "main" board would have a problem being the main board, we would need to change the main board from 1 to 2, I'm not sure if the E10 has this option. I don't see this same option on your screen but I've never seen the board 1,2,3 lamp option before. Maybe that is the same option?

The CAL alarm is the hashrate calculation is low, if there are no issues with the boards and PSU, check poolside and see if it is hashing at speed. If it is hashing at speed you can ignore the "issue", if it is not try another pool.

In my opinion and I believe many others on this forum would agree with me, the ebangs are garbage. I've said I would never purchase them unless they preemptively made changes and even then I would only consider them. I've been offered a few times to purchase them and get free PSU's, in reality it would be free miners  as the price for the combo was slightly more than the PSU's worth, but still I'd rather just buy PSU's and not take such PITA's.
mniknezhadi (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 03:47:57 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 10:55:33 PM by frodocooper

Dear PassThePopcorn,

Thank you for your replay, the hashrate should be 18, it was working at 18 and over 18 but suddenly drops to 12 and lower than 12. I set all of my miners in BTC pool. I have many M3's in this pool and all of them are fine. Recently I bought an E10 to test if it is better than M3, replace them by E10. I append the other pages of E10 web server, may be help to fix the fault.

http://s8.picofile.com/file/8360016218/Untitled1.jpg
http://s9.picofile.com/file/8360016250/Untitled2.jpg
http://s8.picofile.com/file/8360016292/Untitled3.jpg
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 04:23:34 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2019, 10:55:58 PM by frodocooper

I made a post but DNS...

Anyway, do the other E10 systems you have seem to have similar settings on the first page linked in the OP? My only real thought would be the down clocking from the setting "auto frequency temp" where the system down clocks if the temp reaches a certain level.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 07:52:45 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2019, 12:56:25 AM by BitMaxz

Have you tried to reset it? If not yet follow the procedure below.

- You can find the reset button right side of the ethernet you need a pin or paper clip to push the reset button in the hole hold it for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now it should reboot automatically after that set the pools again and test.

If this doesn't work try this other solution by flashing the miner with the latest firmware you can download the firmware from this link below.

- http://miner.ebang.com.cn/article-13.html

Then go to maintain tab and find the upgrade and put the firmware to start the upgrade then test again after ugprade done.

If any of this doesn't still work you might have a defective hashboard it needs to replace a new one or try to clean and remove the dust like the above said it might be down clock and set the freq automatically to lowest freq due to high temp that is why the hashrate drop.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████