Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (LISTING TOMORROW )[ANN] 999 silver BTC themed playing cards,(LISTING TOMORROW)  (Read 12133 times)
Thecryptofan911

Activity: 341
Merit: 12

ScamBuster, I do NOT send first to newbie accounts

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 06:29:21 PM

Looking to buy a full set with jokers. Lmk!!!! Will send first !

54 Oz of Silver .....

Viz

And? 54 Oz of silver is cheap man lmao
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 06:55:07 PM

54 Oz of Silver .....

Viz

You will end up paying 10+x spot for this you do realise the work that goes into it don’t you?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:02:30 PM

54 Oz of Silver .....

Viz

You will end up paying 10+x spot for this you do realise the work that goes into it don’t you?

I cannot wait for these to go to auction to see the sale price. Every card is unique that means 54 different molds right? Maybe if 100, or 1000 of these decks are presold than I could see the cost being close to 10x. I don't think for one deck it's gonna be anywhere near 10x. I bet it's 20-25x
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:03:49 PM

I think there needs to be a least a chance to put a full deck together.  This has always been my take on cards be they sports cards or whatever. Smiley

This initial release will definitely be a one off event. Im pretty sure that's the path i want to take with this.

Thats not to say tho, in the future, that you could get in touch and we could do a custom full deck or that i might be able to make certain individual cards for people. These future cards cannot be identical to this current release. I want everyone to have something they know i wont just make more of.

I totally see where you are coming from, can you see my side too?

Thecryptofan911

Activity: 341
Merit: 12

ScamBuster, I do NOT send first to newbie accounts

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:10:07 PM

i dont mind paying the labor cost associated as its one of a kind
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:10:49 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2019, 09:52:28 PM by Corrosive

Just to clarify, you cannot price these cards by spot weight im afraid.  Each card has to be individually designed and plotted seperately and spends a little over 7 HOURS on the machine. Add to that the fact that im buying flat and polished silver and you will see that the costs on my end FAR exceed spot.

I just hope that people recognise the time and effort that gets poured  into these and it gets reflected in the auction price, il genuinely be gutted if i produce these at a loss, but that is why iv chosen an auction. Il let you guys, the actual collectors decide on what they are worth........ Although i will be putting a starting bid on them 👍👍

stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:29:35 PM

Woah, looks damn nice! Great work. Shocked is it possible to play with the cards normally? (obvious yes, but i mean how resistant is the silver? does it makes sense to play with it or is it just a for decoration? )
btw. i like the btc symbol on the cards, nice idea Smiley
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:47:51 PM

I require this for reasons.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6305

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 09:08:35 PM

1) I love it
2) I want them all and will bid like mad to get them.

Biggest issue I see is the "value" of certain cards is going to vary based on the card. I would think that you are going to have a TON more people bidding on the Ace of Spades then you are going to have bidding on the 7 of clubs. Just my view, probably does not matter much but it's something to think about.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:20:39 PM

Every card is unique that means 54 different molds right?

The OP mentions the cards are etched.  They are not cast nor struck so 0 molds or dies would be used, if I am understanding the OP correctly.

That doesn't in anyway mean that they're not very labour intensive to create, it sounds like 7 hours per card on the laser machine as well as modelling time of 5X individual cards.
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1636

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:23:13 PM

54 Oz of Silver .....

Viz

I cannot wait for these to go to auction to see the sale price. Every card is unique that means 54 different molds right? Maybe if 100, or 1000 of these decks are presold than I could see the cost being close to 10x. I don't think for one deck it's gonna be anywhere near 10x. I bet it's 20-25x

Your clue was in the word "Etched" in the OP

Wink

Viz
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:48:37 PM

is it possible to play with the cards normally?

Id advise against it to be honest, with it being polished, all that's gonna happen is you will scratch up and be really sad that you decided to play with it 😂

1) I love it
2) I want them all and will bid like mad to get them.

Biggest issue I see is the "value" of certain cards is going to vary based on the card. I would think that you are going to have a TON more people bidding on the Ace of Spades then you are going to have bidding on the 7 of clubs. Just my view, probably does not matter much but it's something to think about.

-Dave

I hear you on that, there will always be cards that are less desirable i guess however, these may provide a nice entry for someone not willing to pay whatever price the suited cards or the aces are going for.  Unfortunately it's something i cant avoid but it might give someone an opportunity to collect a set of 4 matching cards at a more pleasing price.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1752

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:49:23 PM

Every card is unique that means 54 different molds right?

The OP mentions the cards are etched.  They are not cast nor struck so 0 molds or dies would be used, if I am understanding the OP correctly.

That doesn't in anyway mean that they're not very labour intensive to create, it sounds like 7 hours per card on the laser machine as well as modelling time of 5X individual cards.

Unfortunately killyou has morphed into a moderate effort signature campaign spammer.  It is much disappointing. 

Corrosive, I am gunning for a set of Aces.  Looking forward to the auction. 

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 08:04:26 AM

A little something i have just learned is that in order for me to comply with UK regulations on selling silver products i must register with the Assay office. This will directly affect the pieces I am doing as they will require a hallmark from an independent third party to verify they are indeed 999 silver. This hallmark will be very small, it will include the purity of silver used, the code for the office which hallmarked it and a tiny version of my 'sponsor logo' (corrosive creations logo)

I will also get the silver graded whilst it is there and aquire a physical copy as proof of purity on these cards. I will include this document with every card won at auction.

This may cause a slight delay to my start of June estimate for bringing these to market however if something is worth doing, its worth doing right.

Cheers

JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 08:46:41 AM

Can't you just write they are maybe silver when you sell them Cheesy

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 08:50:45 AM

A little something i have just learned is that in order for me to comply with UK regulations on selling silver products i must register with the Assay office. This will directly affect the pieces I am doing as they will require a hallmark from an independent third party to verify they are indeed 999 silver. This hallmark will be very small, it will include the purity of silver used, the code for the office which hallmarked it and a tiny version of my 'sponsor logo' (corrosive creations logo)

I will also get the silver graded whilst it is there and aquire a physical copy as proof of purity on these cards. I will include this document with every card won at auction.

This may cause a slight delay to my start of June estimate for bringing these to market however if something is worth doing, its worth doing right.

Cheers

Is it too much of a gray area for you to just give these away than and ask for a suggested donation? Or is trying to get around the law the same as breaking the law.

Or if you gave these to someone in the USA or anywhere else and than they hosted the auction.
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 08:50:49 AM

I could sell them only as a "white metal product"

However,  if im honest i would rather they were verified and hallmarked by an independent third party. Purely as peace of mind for the collector receiving the goods 😉

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 08:51:26 AM

Will you be offering private commissions?

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 08:53:56 AM
Merited by Mitchell (5)

Cheers

Is it too much of a gray area for you to just give these away than and ask for a suggested donation? Or is trying to get around the law the same as breaking the law.

Or if you gave these to someone in the USA or anywhere else and than they hosted the auction.

I would rather the process was done properly really. Iv came too far to make shortcuts or be sneaky now.

Besides, you can't tell me, given the choice that you would have these without a registered hallmark on them.... Would you?

Corrosive (OP)
Copper Member
artcontest

#GPGL

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 09:01:45 AM

Will you be offering private commissions?

Private commissions are something i always offer. I love doing unique one off jobs tailored to someones specific requirements.  There is, however, always a premium that goes with this type of work due to that very reason.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: