Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX - My Negative Experience  (Read 3480 times)
CRServers (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:00:39 PM

Hi to all,

I agree, this is not the time to bring up another sad BTC exchange story after what happened to MtGox.

But, I'm having a bad experience with the US Based CampBX exchange.
It's been since December and they still have not resolved my issue.
I think I have been very patient... waiting for months and nothing gets solved  Huh

So, what's my problem?
They still owe me $3,000 USD from failed ACH transactions that never entered my bank account, and were never returned to my CampBX account

No Support:
They do not answer tickets promptly and customer support is nonexistent.
It gets very frustrating after a while when you realize that nothing moves there especially when it is related to withdrawing funds.
I have showed them using their own "Trade History" my initial BTC deposits, my dollar buys, and my successful withdrawals.
But my ticket stays basically a monolog, no updates from them  for weeks Sad

My only hope right now is to post my issue here, make it public for all to know, and maybe the CampBX staff will be honest and diligent enough to look into my case and solve it in a satisfactory way.

I did contact Keyur @ Camp BX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102 in this forum.
He is the person that owns CampBX.
Mr Keyur was very prompt in answering my PM with:
"I have asked treasurer to look into your ticket with urgency and we will resolve it before tomorrow AM."

Well, that was written on February 10th and nobody has contacted me and nothing has been done ever since Sad

Now I have made my homework and have found and read many negative posts all around here about CampBX, their poor service, and their tendency to retain customer funds.
You are welcome to search the forums for further opinions on CampBX

Any ideas on how to make CampBX finally solve my issue will be greatly appreciated.

After all this, I do not trust exchanges anymore...  Angry better to spend your BTC instead of "giving it away" to exchanges

I will be posting any news in regards to my case.
Regards to all,

Rodrigo

CRServers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

Hello Everybody,

Well, it's been a month now since I placed this post, and no response from CampBX on my case Sad
Nothing.... If they believe I'm wrong and that my claims are not correct, well, why don't they say that?
They just keep quiet, waiting for the scammed customers to take it and eventually give up on their claims.
As far as I'm concerned, after all this time, I have lost all hope that they will ever return my money.
All I can do is to share my experience here so that other fellows would stay away from dealing with CampBX and being exposed to loosing their funds.
Sincerely from another CampBX scammed customer,

Rodrigo Fernandez

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:43:30 PM

That sucks man. The good news is that because they are a US based business you do have options. I don't normally advise people to jump to drastic action, but you have waited long enough. Why not go after their business licenses and ask the police to investigate? I bet when the law gets involved things will change. Again, I hate to go straight for the big guns but WTF. This should have taken weeks not months.

The sad part is that they claim to be trying to be a legit US business. If they were they would be in a great position to go big. Considering their unresponsiveness and sloth, I guess they are going the way of the dinosaurs instead.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CRServers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

go after their business licenses and ask the police to investigate.... they are going the way of the dinosaurs instead.  Undecided
RodeoX,
Thanks for your advice and best wishes.
We are based in Costa Rica. I guess CampBX realized that and determined I was "easy prey"  Undecided
Other deceived customers have claimed in this forum that CampBX "selectively scams customers". (search for 'CampBX' here)
So I guess I was another one of their scammed patients.

I agree with you. It is just a matter of time before people start getting smart and stop doing business with those crooks.
Regards,

CampBxSucks

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:34:52 PM

I got scammed 20,000... been 3 months, no response from them.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

Hello Everybody,

Well, it's been a month now since I placed this post, and no response from CampBX on my case Sad

You can't correlate their lack of response on a third party forum's thread to guilt. They run a good size exchange, and have their own support options, there's probably no one that checks this place (why would they?). I would keep filing support tickets, but posting here isn't going to solve your issue.
CRServers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:03:36 AM

I would keep filing support tickets
Yeah, I did that "Ad nauseam", so I'm taking my loss and moving on.
You seem to like them, so I hope you have better luck.
Regards,
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:26:36 PM

There are no real ''official exchanges'' for btc yet so nothing is sure but BTC-E is trusted so i suggest you to trade there.

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

I would keep filing support tickets
Yeah, I did that "Ad nauseam", so I'm taking my loss and moving on.
You seem to like them, so I hope you have better luck.
Regards,

My apologies, I didn't mean to come off supportive of them at all, just stating that traditionally most larger scale bitcoin companies don't send their support staff here to look for jaded customers. I hope they come through for you, though.

Best of luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: