Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 10:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 1060 1660 / Vega 64 Radeon VII  (Read 138 times)
lankymanx (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:20:00 PM

Re-post from bitcoin channel as requested:

Hello,

I am trying to make out even though after watching videos of the Radeon Vii and the other mentioned cards:
Looking at GTX 1060 1660 VERSUS  Vega 64 Radeon VII

What is really a more preferred card and which team , Nvidia or AMD, i have had to many issues with SGminer or CGminer on an intel ,achine machine with AMD RC cards where the miner does not start.

That said, there is really good performance from the Radeon VIIwhen mining Ethereum, i am not sure if it is really worth the money though and I am not sure if this means it is good at the rest of the Algos.
Is the Vega 64 or wait just skip AMD i mean is Nvidia the better easier one to mine with now days ?
What performance /cost card of the above would u recommend or suggest?

anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 01:40:33 PM

The answer is simple 1080. If you buy the maximum equipment. Choosing a line below today is simply not profitable. Yes, and work with NV much easier.

lankymanx (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 02:54:57 PM

The answer is simple 1080. If you buy the maximum equipment. Choosing a line below today is simply not profitable. Yes, and work with NV much easier.

Hi,

Thanks, so mid class or low class for you is a waste of time.
I agree i have always found the nvidia drivers way easier and i never issues with mining.
Amd was a pain took ages to install the drivers and then the system tray stuff never ever worked and nobody likes watman ( i speak generally)
Though at the time Claymore was the big one around, i only really issues with the variants of SGMiner and CGMiner, what pain is in the ass miners, really.
Even after using --verbose and -T for extra information, it was like meaningless.
I even tried the GPU-Platform 1/0 switch it was a pain but it seemed like most coin algorithms for AMD were needing SGMiner, and i found that they were obviously built crap if they gave as many isses, it was ridiculous.
I figured mmaybe if i get a VEGA or the later stuff i would not have issues and that maybe it was the RX series cards
Anyways just to ask lastly, given the fact 1080 is expensive (and from what i look at here it is still expensive , its crazy), if WE consider the Radeon VI , is this at all an option to you as a good high-end card? - since it has a good review on Ethereum and some other coins.
Im just looking at my budget and it seems this card is a considerable amount less expensive for my budget.
what do u reckon ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: