Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:13:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Rolling Back Ads On Crypto's...Is This Good Or Bad?  (Read 12403 times)
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:23:01 PM

So it looks like Facebook is once again changing their policies on crypto currencies (https://tipestry.com/topics/5cd562f5d774147570d8c561/facebook-rolls-back-its-policy-barring-cryptocurrency-ads). Is this good or bad for the community? I think in a way, it's good because it will shed light on garbage projects and bring investors to ones that actually deserve investments. What do you guys think?
As Facebook is the largest social platform in the world it will help crypto advertisers to promote their product/services/projects for sure, as it has helped in the past. We have seen huge ads ran on that platform.

You are wrong, it will not shed light on garbage projects, as it will help the good/honest projects to reach its right audience and on the other hand it will also help scammers to promote their scam/shit projects.

And those scam projects got an easy way to pull naive investors as they did in the past. Facebook doesn't have the ability to identify shit projects imo as the members can do in this forum.                                                                                    
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:34:18 PM

~
What do you guys think?
Of course it is good, mist especially if it is meant to protect the interest of investors.
So many people have lost money to scam projects, which is why trusting crypto projects is now a difficult thing.
Other platforms should also emulate this, because it will foster the adoption of cryptocurrency.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:24:39 PM

I think that's good news. Last year was a bad time for crypto and all this was supported by various negative news. And Facebook's ban on crypto advertising was one such news. But to endure times are changing and the market already looks more positive and, accordingly, such news should also have a positive impact on it.
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 10:37:34 PM

It is only obvious that facebook will revert on its decision to ban crypto ads-tuey are making facebook coin. The decision is all good but the side effect may be to break the pseudo anonymity of crypto users. Anyone paying for ads can easily be linked or attached with a wallet address. Facebook will be a disaster if they can link a wallet address to each account

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 10:45:14 PM

I think that's very good news. Perhaps now investors ' confidence in the projects will increase, because such influential platforms as Facebook will provide assistance in promoting crypto.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 05:32:10 AM

If the facebook back again crypto ads I think it will be big help to the community of the cryptocurrency because it can help to the community because maybe facebook user will invest once they see the ads. Maybe because they want to turn back the ads because they will create their own coins so it means now they are supporting cryptocurrency and they will not banned again crypto ads?
Well, from what I read on facebook official website, that is not really the case, they said they are making the policy light and you will not need pre-approval in order to run Crypto ads in facebook, but they never said that we can now run this ads freely, in short there are still some restrictions placed like trying to run ads for initial coin offering and other kind of crowd fundings, I don't see this as a good news for Crypto in any way, though it's not a bad news too.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 08:57:11 AM

So it looks like Facebook is once again changing their policies on crypto currencies (https://tipestry.com/topics/5cd562f5d774147570d8c561/facebook-rolls-back-its-policy-barring-cryptocurrency-ads). Is this good or bad for the community? I think in a way, it's good because it will shed light on garbage projects and bring investors to ones that actually deserve investments. What do you guys think?
Well, they have no choice since they are also planning to introduce their own coin soon, how would they not allow it, I am beginning to sense a selfish interest in this their decision to adopt cryptocurrency, if they really liked cryptocurrency for its benefits to the community, why are they just adjusting their policy now?

Anyway, their decision to really use blockchain technology to manage their platform will really make many people in the world to become familiar with the cryptocurrency system and its benefits to them, now the adoption we have been hoping for is beginning to gradually happen sooner than we expected, all these good news could be the reason why crypto price is mooning.
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 09:46:56 AM

If the facebook back again crypto ads I think it will be big help to the community of the cryptocurrency because it can help to the community because maybe facebook user will invest once they see the ads. Maybe because they want to turn back the ads because they will create their own coins so it means now they are supporting cryptocurrency and they will not banned again crypto ads?
Well, from what I read on facebook official website, that is not really the case, they said they are making the policy light and you will not need pre-approval in order to run Crypto ads in facebook, but they never said that we can now run this ads freely, in short there are still some restrictions placed like trying to run ads for initial coin offering and other kind of crowd fundings, I don't see this as a good news for Crypto in any way, though it's not a bad news too.

I am agree that this not take a big effect to cryptomarket and not affecting to ICOs too. I dont think this policy is because facebook want to launch their own cryptocurrency because their rules should be applied to others too for fairness
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 10:19:26 AM

By allowing crypto ads on Facebook it is certainly very good. Considering that there are very many Facebook users in the world. That means the impact will be even better. Maybe with crypto ads on Facebook, people who don't know crypto will be interested in entering the crypto world. This is actually very good for spreading crypto with ads on Facebook.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 10:32:16 AM

I think its good for crypto industry. Ads makes people know about cryptocurrency or new project and i think cryptocurrency can be an alternative investment. Cryptocurrency industry growing more bigger and i think facebook wont miss the opportunity to take advantages by put an ads on their platform
Their platform will really be very useful for companies to raise fund because that is where we have majority of people who are technology acquainted and we also have investors that are very rich on their platform, it will be another booster for the market capitalization as ICOs can now be shown easily to the public out there through their Platform.

We should be seeing so many campaigns now in bitcointalk, because their restriction has really limited so many companies from meeting their hardcap, other means of advertisement cannot not really make much impact as much as Facebook will do.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 10:44:58 AM

If this news is true then this can help to recover the market, but I'm afraid that scam projects will rise.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:38:40 PM

This is where they start from till they remove the ban completely, we all know their interest in crypto already, which they will also be rolling their soon, so they have no choice than to make adjustment to their policies, and whatever adjustment they are making, will also be a gradual process.

Imagine that they come out now to really say they are lifting the ban completely, it will be so obvious that they did so because of their own interest now, but they have to start slowly until you no longer see any ban. Anyway, that is not what we should bother about, the fact they are considering adopting cryptocurrency is great news on its own.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:47:43 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 06:11:54 PM by dataispower

It's a very good update because some dope crypto projects will have more outreach through facebook ads. The more people get to know about crypto, the closer it becomes to mainstream adoption. Initially when facebook placed a ban on crypto ads, it led to massive dump of the market, that is when we had too many weak hands shaken by Lil FUD. Right now everything is falling in place for crypto, it's a good sign.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:54:40 PM

It has both good and bad effects in crypto but, the mere point of it is to more promote cryptocurrencies while they are working on their own platform or coin. The bad thing there is mamy will take that chance to promote their scam business and fraudulent works which is an easy bait in particular to the new people in cryptocurrency.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:04:52 AM

It is good. Facebook is the largest social media network and by allowing the crypto ads on their platform, the crypto community will be able to send out ads and create more awareness about Cryptocurrency. So this is really a good thing and shows that cryptocurrency is doing just well.

Though from what I learnt before, the reason they stopped every ads that has to do with crypto was because of scammers and they didn't just stop crypto ads they stopped everything that has to do with binary trading as well. But now they have setup new rules for such and have also started to allow all of them to place ads on their site.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 06:11:40 AM

Well I was expecting this afteall ,many crypto promoters are blaming Facebook for trying to launch there coin and removing other coins or tokens ads which its really not fair ,I guess they've learned
adncoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 07:24:41 AM

Facebook's adjustments to its policy regarding blockchain and crypto related ads would be a huge help in the mass adoption of these technologies. News, infographics, and other related promotional materials can be posted in the social networking platform without prior approval. This could positively contribute in disseminating information to the public and make them understand more about these innovation. Careful though, ICO ads are still a no-no.
angrybird3591

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:28:37 AM

I think facebook is involved in the disclosure of personal information which greatly affects it. Now that they develop the coin facebook I think there will be a lot of problems
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 07:42:03 AM

I think facebook is involved in the disclosure of personal information which greatly affects it. Now that they develop the coin facebook I think there will be a lot of problems
do not make comments in advance if the information is not really valid. is there any proof if Facebook really returns crypto ads. Of course Facebook needs time for that and they will definitely make a comparison whether there will be a lot of problems or even run smoothly.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 10:50:26 AM

I am agree that this not take a big effect to cryptomarket and not affecting to ICOs too. I dont think this policy is because facebook want to launch their own cryptocurrency because their rules should be applied to others too for fairness
Exactly this policy of Facebook is not because they are looking forward to launching a coin but purely for money making purposes. They had stopped it couple of year ago and are now starting it again but I think if they started advertising crypto coins, they should make sure they do not advertise a scam projects. They would have to go through the projects before advertising them otherwise the users could be scammed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: